Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier League Constitution

perhaps go to 20 teams and have two spare weekends/matchnights towards end of season to catch up on snow and rain from the winter?

it would mean Dorking going down but that might be good for the long term.

Id rather see them have a winning season in the first division and having a rightful place in the prem 2011/12 than lose all next season and be in div 1 2011/12.

I'm not going to comment on what DFC's response would be if that became the case !

Edited by Big J R

This thread is so good Krooner had to post the same message twice :excited:

I'm told he's the same with burgers !

:bolt:

Gentlemen,

Thank you for all your kind words regarding Knaphill. Let me give you a little more back ground.

We realised early on last season that promotion was not a realistic achievement without the ground passing muster by 31st March. WBC promised us that it would be, but it was not. The Players and Management were all told before the end of the season of that situation. Yet they still battled to achieve a top three position with the last kick of the season!!

When we heard about Bedfont, we asked for the CCL permission to make a case for promotion, knowing that it was against all the rules and regulations, but you have to give it a go for the players sakes. Our presentation to the board took place last night and the Board were very compimentary about the presentatation itself and Knaphill FC as a whole. However the CCL are bound by the rules of The FA and in applying those we could not be granted promotion.

We have to keep pushing WBC to get the work completed ASAP and be able to get the ground grading required. However CCL officers have let it be known that they are not happy at all with 21 clubs in the Premier division for the forecoming season - although there is very little they can do about it.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the AGM on Friday 25th. I'll be with the Knaphill party.

Lets be quite honest about this. In all fairness, DFC should have been relegated and I don't have any trouble saying that. Because of rules and regulation involving, various Leagues and County FA, it appears we are given another reprieve. I'm not crowing about that.

It appears we will be playing CCL Prem with 21 teams yet again,

Knaphill, like other clubs, have to deal not only with the League and the FA, but their local authority. It's no easy task, believe you me. DFC have our local authority as our landlords, which is never an ideal situation. We also have the responsibility to do all we can to keep the status quo for the sake of Bookham FC.

We have a new style Government, but that doesn't mean that all the financial problems are over. The 'Powers That Be' are still predicting that many non-league clubs will go to the wall within the next 12 months and I think this will probably be the case.

Lets all stick together and ensure that 'grass-roots' non-league football goes forward rather than get embroiled in petty arguments about who should go up; who should go down; who should or should not be allowed to ground share.

At the end of the day, you might just be arguing our level of football into oblivion.

Edited by Big J R

Gentlemen,

Thank you for all your kind words regarding Knaphill. Let me give you a little more back ground.

We realised early on last season that promotion was not a realistic achievement without the ground passing muster by 31st March. WBC promised us that it would be, but it was not. The Players and Management were all told before the end of the season of that situation. Yet they still battled to achieve a top three position with the last kick of the season!!

When we heard about Bedfont, we asked for the CCL permission to make a case for promotion, knowing that it was against all the rules and regulations, but you have to give it a go for the players sakes. Our presentation to the board took place last night and the Board were very compimentary about the presentatation itself and Knaphill FC as a whole. However the CCL are bound by the rules of The FA and in applying those we could not be granted promotion.

We have to keep pushing WBC to get the work completed ASAP and be able to get the ground grading required. However CCL officers have let it be known that they are not happy at all with 21 clubs in the Premier division for the forecoming season - although there is very little they can do about it.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the AGM on Friday 25th. I'll be with the Knaphill party.

The CCL Board were surely aware of this, so why allow the Presentation, perhaps giving you some false hope if only for a brief while?

I gather the league will be quite happy to run with 21 teams but theres still a lot of issues and appeals to be sorted higher up the ladder which could still lead to someone coming down.

Coulsdons relegation has been confirmed. Knaphill lost their appeal to replace Bedfont. I wonder if it could have been different had the facillities been in place at this moment.

2 teams have dropped out of the reserve league to go into the Suburban - Hanworth Villa and South Park. Hopefully FNE and Hayes will both bring reserve sides accross

FNE Ressies are staying in the Aldershot Senior League. They announced their line up for next season at their AGM the other day. Hayes Gate's ressies are listed as a CCL club by the FA. They'll be playing on the club's old ground in Springfield Road next door to Yeading FC.

I've got quite a lot to say regarding the rest of this thread as well. Some of it has been touched on by others so excuse me if I repeat anything.

Firstly - what's wrong with 21 teams? It's only going to be for one season. There are plenty of other leagues that started the season with an odd number of teams. The Unibond League has been struggling to get up to it's full compliment of 66 teams ever since the last re-structure and has run with odd numbers more than once, even in the Premier Division (equivalent to Ryman Premier). There are also other leagues on our level that often have an odd number - The United Counties top division has had 21 teams for at least the past four seasons and there are a few other leagues who are a few teams short of a full set.

Bear in mind the rules for every league within the National league System are decided by the FA. There's very, very little the individual leagues can change. If you look at other league's websites you'll see exactly the same rules in exactly the same order, and that's not just at our level. For instance, the FA rules say that teams must be in England or Wales to be a member of the league. It's not an issue in the CCL, Essex or Kent Leagues but it's still there in the rules. Neither the leagues nor their member clubs can change it.

Because of that, the ground grading issue is also the same country-wide.

These days the ground grading is more important than the finishing place. Clubs need to have the grading for the level they're at or else they get classed as 'relegated'. That doesn't mean they'll go down, it just means they're first in line for any relegation the leagues may do at the end of the season. VCD have been relegated from the Ryman League to the Kent League as they didn't do the work that was needed by the March 31st deadline. They have appealed as they say they have a letter from the FA that, due to the circumstances of the work that needed doing, they were given an extension until mid-June but the Ryman league have ignored that. I think they will win their appeal though.

Now - using Knaphill as an example - to go up they had to have had a grade 'G' by March 31st. To stay up they'd need a grade 'F' by March 31st 2011. This happens at all levels of football, right up to joining the Football League. As they don't have a grade 'G' (it includes floodlights) then, technically they shouldn't even be allowed in CCL1. They're not the only ones of course but, if they were, then they could have been relegated this season despite finishing third. It happens in other leagues.

All CCL1 clubs need to be aware of this as it appears this is what may have happened to Coulsdon United this season. The finishing place in the division doesn't matter - the lowest team or teams without a 'G' grade could be relegated.

And, as I said, there's very little the CCL or the member clubs can do to change it.

Just to point out, I don't necessarily agree with the way things happen, but that's what's happening all over the country now. Clubs really do need to be aware of it and get their grounds up to the required grading as soon as possible.

One final thing - and that's regarding Chertsey's appeal which may be in this thread or another. I don't know if they realise but Witham Town were denied promotion this season despite finishing second in the Essex Senior League and the top team not applying for promotion. They lost out on points per game compared to the second placed teams in the other step 5 divisions as they were ranked 13th and the FA will only allow 12 teams to go up from the 14 step 5 divisions. Witham had their appeal heard at the FA today and lost.

Do Chertsey realise that, even if they are successful in their appeal, it wouldn't necessarily guarantee them promotion? It'll just mean the FA will look at the points per game situation again across the country and promote another second placed club from any one of the other leagues that hasn't already promoted a team. (Actually, I've looked into it and I think Chertsey would be the team to go up on PPG but it would have been strange for Chertsey winning their appeal only to see Witham promoted instead of them).

Some food for thought for everyone. Only my opinion of course so, if anything's factually incorrect I apologise.

I need a beer now.

I gather the league will be quite happy to run with 21 teams but theres still a lot of issues and appeals to be sorted higher up the ladder which could still lead to someone coming down.

Coulsdons relegation has been confirmed. Knaphill lost their appeal to replace Bedfont. I wonder if it could have been different had the facillities been in place at this moment.

2 teams have dropped out of the reserve league to go into the Suburban - Hanworth Villa and South Park. Hopefully FNE and Hayes will both bring reserve sides accross

FNE Ressies are staying in the Aldershot Senior League. They announced their line up for next season at their AGM the other day. Hayes Gate's ressies are listed as a CCL club by the FA. They'll be playing on the club's old ground in Springfield Road next door to Yeading FC.

I've got quite a lot to say regarding the rest of this thread as well. Some of it has been touched on by others so excuse me if I repeat anything.

Firstly - what's wrong with 21 teams? It's only going to be for one season. There are plenty of other leagues that started the season with an odd number of teams. The Unibond League has been struggling to get up to it's full compliment of 66 teams ever since the last re-structure and has run with odd numbers more than once, even in the Premier Division (equivalent to Ryman Premier). There are also other leagues on our level that often have an odd number - The United Counties top division has had 21 teams for at least the past four seasons and there are a few other leagues who are a few teams short of a full set.

Bear in mind the rules for every league within the National league System are decided by the FA. There's very, very little the individual leagues can change. If you look at other league's websites you'll see exactly the same rules in exactly the same order, and that's not just at our level. For instance, the FA rules say that teams must be in England or Wales to be a member of the league. It's not an issue in the CCL, Essex or Kent Leagues but it's still there in the rules. Neither the leagues nor their member clubs can change it.

Because of that, the ground grading issue is also the same country-wide.

These days the ground grading is more important than the finishing place. Clubs need to have the grading for the level they're at or else they get classed as 'relegated'. That doesn't mean they'll go down, it just means they're first in line for any relegation the leagues may do at the end of the season. VCD have been relegated from the Ryman League to the Kent League as they didn't do the work that was needed by the March 31st deadline. They have appealed as they say they have a letter from the FA that, due to the circumstances of the work that needed doing, they were given an extension until mid-June but the Ryman league have ignored that. I think they will win their appeal though.

Now - using Knaphill as an example - to go up they had to have had a grade 'G' by March 31st. To stay up they'd need a grade 'F' by March 31st 2011. This happens at all levels of football, right up to joining the Football League. As they don't have a grade 'G' (it includes floodlights) then, technically they shouldn't even be allowed in CCL1. They're not the only ones of course but, if they were, then they could have been relegated this season despite finishing third. It happens in other leagues.

All CCL1 clubs need to be aware of this as it appears this is what may have happened to Coulsdon United this season. The finishing place in the division doesn't matter - the lowest team or teams without a 'G' grade could be relegated.

And, as I said, there's very little the CCL or the member clubs can do to change it.

Just to point out, I don't necessarily agree with the way things happen, but that's what's happening all over the country now. Clubs really do need to be aware of it and get their grounds up to the required grading as soon as possible.

One final thing - and that's regarding Chertsey's appeal which may be in this thread or another. I don't know if they realise but Witham Town were denied promotion this season despite finishing second in the Essex Senior League and the top team not applying for promotion. They lost out on points per game compared to the second placed teams in the other step 5 divisions as they were ranked 13th and the FA will only allow 12 teams to go up from the 14 step 5 divisions. Witham had their appeal heard at the FA today and lost.

Do Chertsey realise that, even if they are successful in their appeal, it wouldn't necessarily guarantee them promotion? It'll just mean the FA will look at the points per game situation again across the country and promote another second placed club from any one of the other leagues that hasn't already promoted a team. (Actually, I've looked into it and I think Chertsey would be the team to go up on PPG but it would have been strange for Chertsey winning their appeal only to see Witham promoted instead of them).

Some food for thought for everyone. Only my opinion of course so, if anything's factually incorrect I apologise.

I need a beer now.

Don't want your life story..............

Then why repeat it then?

And why even bother posting that? At least Jonno's comment raised a smile.

I bet you're the sort of person who phones up those telephone polls to register a vote for 'don't care'.

Then why repeat it then?

And why even bother posting that? At least Jonno's comment raised a smile.

I bet you're the sort of person who phones up those telephone polls to register a vote for 'don't care'.

Lighten up VPCTFC ... I think there are too many rules in Going up and coming down and sometimes it doesn't matter where you finish in the league as some teams will never be able to go up and it seems some teams just never go down....And that is not just directed at the CCL but also the Ryman and the feeders into the CCL.

The Bamfords left well before the end of the season and we wish them well. Sadly Stuart hadn't played for over six months due to injury.

I am bound not to comment on our appeal. Needless to say we have a very strong case indeed which in reality means we have no chance and are bound to fail! ! All will be confirmed before the AGM

HI CHERTSEY TOWN

WONDER IF CHERTSEYS VERY STRONG CASE HAD HAD YOUR APPEAL WITH THE FA AS YET AND WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME ?

DID CHERTSEY WIN THEIR APPEAL AND HAVE BEEN ELECTED FOR PROMOTION ? IF SO, WHERE TO ?

LOOKED AROUND CHERTSEY AND FA WEBSITE AND CANNOT FIND ANY MENTION OF CHERTSEY APPEAL, SO COULD IT BE THAT CHERTSEY HAVE YET TO SEE THE FA ?

Are there any other leagues running with an odd number?

If so, couldn't the teams missing out on any Saturday organise a friendly?:509:

What with the never ending pile up of fixtures every season due to weather etc it is sometimes a good thing to have a spare team to be able to play......However I do agree that odd is not ideal.

The hearing for Chertsey Town was on Friday-I cannot comment on what has happened as we are under a court confientiality order until at least Wed. After that is lifted I will have plenty to say!

PLENTY TO SAY ? SO CHERTSEY TOWN WAS YOU VICTORIOUS WITH YOUR APPEAL OR WILL I BE VISITING ALWYNS LANE NEXT SEASON TO WATCH CHERTSEY CHALLENGE FOR CCL PREM CHAMPIONS ?