Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Grays Saved

Maybe nobody.

could be one of a number of scenarios.

A team could be moved to Ryman 1 North or South from the Ryman Premier

A team could move from the Ryman Premier to Zamaretto Premier causing a team from there to drop down.

Not sure if Grays could be placed in the Ryman Division 1 North yet or whether it has to be the Premier

Not sure if there is a right of appeal by a league

Still plenty of time for a team still to go bust at our level or higher as well.....

Woodward had already for seen this situatuion. - see my post called Grays Safety Net ?

Name & Registered Office:

GRAYS ATHLETIC 1890 FC LTD

THE ACADEMY SPORTS PAVILION

LANGSTON ROAD

LOUGHTON

ESSEX

ENGLAND

IG10 3TQ

Company No. 07167549

The new company above was formed in February 2010. The tax man is winding up a Grays Athletic company , number 01651326.

I would not mind betting that the above company , reg. number 07167549 , will be playing next season.

If it is Ryman Prem for Grays then i take it Margate will be relegated and Harlow will go to ESL.

Your right Jay, I hate the slimey b*rstards, especially Woodward.

Edited by Biased Bob

The new company was formed when Woodward was involved and i bet he had some form of agreement with the Ryman League set up for when Woodward left Grays, if indeed he has. He may not have an official title but you never know with him. He will keep on interfering until he is dead.

i didnt understand that last post O

Edited by Biased Bob

I think Robert Green's being blamed for everything at the moment. I think the Americans are trying to pin the BP oil leak on him!

I'm confused. Up to now I've had a certain amount of symphathy with Grays but if they are re-forming under a new company with the old company going into liquidation then surely that puts them in the same position as we were in when we went into the ESL?

Grays saga takes another twist

Friday 18th June 2010

HAVING won their appeal against their placement at Step 5, thus winning a place in the Ryman League, Grays Athletic are today being linked with a winding up order.

A noticed filed in the London Gazette, in reference to Grays Athletic Football Club (1982) Limited says that a petition to wind up the above-named Company, presented on 13 May 2010 by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, claiming to be Creditors of the Company, will be heard at the Royal Courts of Justice on 30 June 2010, at 1030 hours.

It has this morning emerged that the above named organisation may no longer be the umbrella company for the current football club, meaning that the outcome of the hearing would not necessarily affect Julian Dicks’ men.

Nobody from the club was available to confirm this today.

Chester have also just won their appeal

Chester FC will play in the UniBond League North after the FA upheld their appeal against their league placement.

The Football Association had recommended the Blues begin their new life in the Vodkat North West Counties League, step five of the National league pyramid and four divisions below where they last appeared, in the Blue Square Premier League.

And it could have been worse for Chester, as at the Vodkat League’s AGM on Saturday they faced the prospect of going into their second tier, leaving them five divisions adrift.

But after a delegation from Chester FC, which is run by City Fans United, presented their appeal to the FA at Wembley Stadium on Monday, the FA have agreed that the club should enter the league pyramid at step four, the UniBond League North.

Something stinks here,not sure what though,have heard that margate will be told monday they are being relegated after all.

I heard some news about grays the other week,regarding an appeal and them playing next season,unfortunatly though i can't put it on here so it shall remain a secret

Having been to the League AGM on Saturday, I can report that this saga has a little way to run yet.

The FA have indeed ruled that Grays will play in Ryman Prem next season. The Board of the League are very unhappy about this decision and will be referring it to arbitration. The Board feel that Grays misled the FA at their appeal by stating that they had a groundsharing arrangement in place with East Thurrock. No such arrangement has been submitted for approval to the Ryman League Board, and a representative of East Thurrock at the AGM confirmed that no such arrangement is in place. So Grays still do not have a ground to play on.

There is also the matter of the Winding-Up Order. As far as the Leagus Board are aware, this is against the company that drives Grays Athletic and will affect which league the Club (if one exists after 30 June) will be allowed to play in. Step 5 (ESL) would be the highest if they are reformed (as per AFCH), and the ESL have provisionally agreed to their membership next season.

If the FA decision is upheld, the Ryman Prem will run with 23 teams next season, for one season only. 5 teams will be relegated at the end of the season, and 5 teams will go down to Step 5 from a combination of RL1N and RL1S. No reprieved clubs will be affected.

This will mean that one club will have a blank day for every round of fixtures. This will inevitably include potentially lucrative Bank Holiday fixtures.

Watch this space!