Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Grays Saved

With reference to Grays Athletic Football Club (1982) Ltd , company reg. no. 01651326, there is now a propsal to strike the company off at Companies House.

The newly formed company, Grays Athletic 1890 FC ltd, co. reg 07167549 is still active.

What i would like to know is, which Grays Athletic company does the Ryman League expect to join them ?

Would be interesting if it is the older company and it is Dissolved.

The following was posted on the Grays forum today by Joel Nathan who, I believe, is an Officer of the new Grays Athletic FC:

"There is only one company Grays 1982 and the judgement has been set aside so no more questions please.

Thank You"

The judgement refers to the Winding-Up Order. No mention of the Proposal to Strike Off.

The new company looks like it's there to buy the training ground according to their forum.

The concern for Grays surely though is the winding up order on the old company and the situation with Hutton groundsharing with East Thurrock.

Hope it gets resolved, i don't like seeing another club struggle, even one that's had MW associated with it.

The new company looks like it's there to buy the training ground according to their forum.

The concern for Grays surely though is the winding up order on the old company and the situation with Hutton groundsharing with East Thurrock.

Hope it gets resolved, i don't like seeing another club struggle, even one that's had MW associated with it.

And that is what they would have us believe Cup of Tea. By their own omission they dont have two pennies to rub together so buying a shelf company and changing the name to Grays Athletic ( god knows what) does not automatically give you enough money to buy a training ground. Land cost millions.

So, come on Grays, tell the truth. What really is going on and who else do you owe money to who also wants to wind you up ???????

To quote John Lennon " Please give me some truth".

• 2 weeks later...

Another update from Grays....

We are in constant dialog and sending emails to the League Commitee.

There are a few changes to be made to the contract between Grays Athletic and East Thurrock regarding the groundshare so its meets with the League commitee's requirements and this is being dealt with today by our solicitors.

Mickey Woodward has been to court today and the Winding up order has been set aside for 98 days whilst both parties agree the amounts etc.

I am now a director of Grays Athletic and both Mickey & Judith Woodward have handed their shares to me (what have i done!!!!) and hopefully by this time next week i should be the sole director as long as we get the paperwork correct.

I can assure you we are trying our best to fulfil all requirements and we are so close and it would be a real shame to waste everybody's time and effort.

Personally its tireing but the goal is massive for this club and fans and that's what is driving us on and i thank you for your continued support.

It is reported that Hutton will play on 'pitch 2' (whatever that is) so ETU and Grays will play on the main pitch. Grays seem to think this is ok.

Theres a second pitch to the far side of East Thurrocks ground.

The girls / womens team use it for training if the main ground in in use.

quote "Mickey Woodward has been to court today and the Winding up order has been set aside for 98 days whilst both parties agree the amounts etc"

I see Woodward is still involved. Dose not surprise me.

The last part of the above quote dose though , about both sides agreeing the amounts due during the set aside period of 98 days.

What happens if the agreed figure is in the tens of thousands of pounds and Grays cant pay. The winding up order then takes affect and Grays are wound up. They come back next season in the ESL as AFC Grays or the like.

In the mean time they are then chucked out of the Ryman League Premier , which goes back to 22 clubs, and teams that have taken points off Grays have them deducted. The FA and the league are left red faced and i am left with a smug grin saying i told you so !!!

The winding up order is Customs & Excise apparently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8779264.stm

Ryman Premier Division outfit Grays Athletic have been given more time to pay an outstanding tax bill.

A winding-up petition served by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs has been adjourned for 98 days.

The club, who were relegated from the Blue Square Premier last season, have been given until 6 October to settle the undisclosed debt.

If Grays fail to pay the sum, they could be wound up, and its affairs handed to receivers.

The financially stricken club, who avoided extinction last season, were accepted into the Ryman's league after they opted out of their place in the Blue Square Bet South to drop down a level.

The Essex side are still finalising a deal to ground-share with East Thurrock United next season, after leaving their New Rec home this summer.

I am confused...

All the paperwork is now in the league committee's hands and hopefully we havent forgotten anything, it has been very throrough from all parties.

There have been a couple of changes and most significant i'm not a director yet and Mickey & Judith Woodward havent resigned yet, this is on the advise of our accountants and solicitors but once we are elected into the league this will be put in motionand in the correct manor.

"We dont want anyone looking at companies house and seeing that Swallow's not a director and Woodward hasn't resigned, we know that thank you!!!!!"

We have been told we could expect to hear by 5pm Monday, so let's hope this happens.

I thought Mick Woodward had severed all ties with Grays?