Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Grays Saved

It's madness, but you cant blame the league, member clubs had to vote in an acceptance to run with 23 teams.

It was recommended by the league I know, but without the members votes we would have run with 22 teams and no delays would have been needed.

If we end up with 23 teams someone will not have a game first day of the season, at least two teams will miss out on bank holiday games, every Saturday there will be a team without a game, and we will all have extra midweek games. All but two clubs voted in favour...

If you run with 24 teams in Ryman Prem, how many get relegated at end of season.

If 4 get relegated and only the champions of Ryman North and South get promoted next season, then that would work as we are then back to 22 teams for next season.

That would mean that there would be no play offs in those leagues leaving four teams in each league very p!ssed off.

Its a lot of bending over backwards for a 2 bit has bin club.

I wonder if someone is making it worth while for someone else to agree to all of this !!!!!!!!

Edited by Biased Bob

I wonder if Grays will be one of the teams to miss out on the Bank hols games .............................watch this space............

With Four bank holidays during the season at least two other teams will miss out.and if it is that way, then someone will miss the first day of the sesason. Also we will have Five relegation places if we run with 23

Yes, we was one of the two clubs not to vote as instructed. to have a season with an odd number of teams by choice... seems plain daft to me.

The Evo-Stik league has the same problem with Chester winning their appeal.

With Ashford Town (Mddx) being suspended from all football by the FA, there is a similar issue there as well. hopefully their situation will be solved soon.

We didn't vote against Grays Rob, they are just doing what they can for their club and I would like to see them in our division...equally I would be very disappointed if we had of lost Margate, because they are one of the most hospitable and friendly clubs we visit.

We voted against because it would allow (this season) a 23 team league,