Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA CUP & VASE DRAWS

Yep. Sod the World Cup and Professional rubbish. Today is the start of the Proper Footballing Stuff.

FA Webpage already up and being refreshed every 10 minutes :)

:futbolbud2: Is it today the draws are published ??

I don't know if they will be today. No-one knows for sure whether Grays will be in the Essex Senior League or Ryman League so the FA won't know which round of the Cup to put them in or whether to put them in the Trophy or Vase.

It'll be interesting if the draws are released today - might shed some light on the Grays situation....

I don't know if they will be today. No-one knows for sure whether Grays will be in the Essex Senior League or Ryman League so the FA won't know which round of the Cup to put them in or whether to put them in the Trophy or Vase.

It'll be interesting if the draws are released today - might shed some light on the Grays situation....

Sounds about par for the course !!

:97:

Grays Appeal successful,according to their website,will be playing in Ryman Premier which is good news for C.C.L Clubs in the Vase.

Just rang the FA and they advise that the draws will now be made Thursday or Friday. The reason given is that, as mentioned, they are not 100% sure who is in which competition. So, we'll all have to wait a bit longer.

It is funny that, despite having no chance of ever winning the thing or going particularly far in the competition, plus having been involved in senior football since I was 16 (35 years) I get a real buzz from the initial draw of the FA Cup and then start to work out who we will play if/when we win this game and that game. It's great!

I think all us old timers still get a buzz from the FA Cup, and even after 50 years watching my club, Romford, I still dream about the possibility of drawing Manchester United or Arsenal, or one of the other big clubs.

I can still remember us playing the likes of Watford, and Northampton in front of crowds of over 10,000 in the 60s.

What a shame those big clubs don't take it as seriously, and that being so, might-en it be an idea if all the big teams entered the cup at the 1st round proper stage.

Edited by officialspokesman

Manager 50 I wholey agree,at nearly 33 I enjoy this time of year not for the running(obviously) but the vase or fa cup draws to see where we'll be going or who will visit.

I was at Wembley when we kicked off the fa cup for the 1st season it returned to Wembley stadium,mr and my son had our photos taken with the cup.

I hope to play more games in it. I have played 3 FA Cup Games in my life (drawn 1 lost 2), 1 Trophy Game (won), and 4 Vase games (won 2, drawn 1, lost 1)

Not good enough for someone who is nearly 30!

A few years ago, Sky followed a team from the Preliminary Round and followed the path to Wembley, not sure how it started but it included Basingstoke and Newport IOW. TV companies should do this now, sod putting it on tinternet, show it on ITV 4 or something like that.

That was the season we had the trophy at Wembley,we beat Thame 3-0 with the goals on sky news and football focus can't remember what happened after that.

Tis a great day. It is a shame my club normally go out before the winners of the previous year have sobered up :)

Still remember the day Camberley got to the 1st Round. The only thing I would swap that for in footballing terms is a trip to Wembley in the Vase with Camberley. Nothing else will ever surpass it.

Damn right,chertsey going close last year is reason for us all to keep dreaming of a trip to Wembley,it doesn't matter whether it's for England or the dog and duck pub,to play at Wembley(stadium not vale farm) is every boys dream.

I was asked to be 4th official in a charity game at the old wembley (my dad was lining) but I had to turn it down because the date changed at the last minute and work would not let me go.

I played at Wembley once....the old Wembley...won 5-2 and got a hat-trick...it was after a rolling stones concert jackets for goalpoasts and a beer can for a ball....PS it was empty BJR don't panic.....

Just had an email from the CCL with confirmation from the FA that details of the four FA competition draws will be made tomorrow and will be available on the FA website after 1pm. Now, where's that suit?

• The following information will be published on www.TheFA.com at 1.00pm tomorrow afternoon. FA CupList of clubs acceptedList of exemptionsExtra Preliminary Round, Preliminary Round and First Round Qualifying draws FA TrophyList of clubs acceptedList of exemptionsPreliminary Round and First Round Qualifying draws FA VaseList of clubs acceptedList of exemptionsFirst Round Qualifying, Second Round Qualifying and First Round Proper draws FA Youth CupList of clubs acceptedList of exemptionsPreliminary Round, First Round Qualifying and Second Round Qualifying draws