Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

White Lion Ground Edgware has been demolished!

Hi to all the SSMFL fans, just thought you may like to know the latest on Edgware Town (SSMFL treble winners 96/97)

The White Lion Gound which the club had to vacate in 2008, has now been demolished, The main stand has been pulled down and the rest of the ground will be demolished.

I am not sure what will come in it's place, possibly housing as was expected.

As for Edgware Town and it's 'future' there isn't one, the club has GONE never to return.

Edgware Town FC

1939-2008 RIP

Gavin - Good to see you back, what are you doing with yourself these days. These links certainly bring a tear to the eye don't they:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum/68-spartan-south-midlands-football-league-discussion-forum/

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.com/2008/06/edgware-town-june-2008.html

http://www.derelictlondon.com/sportsgrounds.htm

Hi to all the SSMFL fans, just thought you may like to know the latest on Edgware Town (SSMFL treble winners 96/97)

Really.. I don't remember playing them that year?

Sorry to see it go this way. I played there in the early 90's a couple of times & it was a very fine old fashioned ground.

Really.. I don't remember playing them that year?

NeutralFan - Obviously Gavin means 2006/2007:

http://www.edgwaretownfc.com/NewIndex.htm

Gavin - Heartbreaking, that's all I can say!

Gavin - Heartbreaking, that's all I can say!

I agree Rhodes, but no one really seems to care, look at the respones my origial post on this thread recieved. People like Samuelsmiles is happy as pig in muck watching 'his' team Harefileld, and others just don't care.

They are happy to be sheep and follow newing wherever he takes his team, Enfield Town still have a few ex Edgware players.

The club was left to die thanks to the likes of Gregory and Batten, they knew full well the club were not going to last beyond 07/08 but did little to stop the rot.

Rumours of the club rising frrom the ashes headed by a group of South American buisnesmen is just that a rumour, and one that doesn't crarry much weight.

I foretold that this would be what would happen to the club and was proved right, those in 'charge' were more than happy to ban me but did little to save the club.,

What are you up to these days Rhodes, I read that Kentish Town have been given planning permission to buildl their own ground in Page Street, not far from Copthall.

The club was left to die thanks to the likes of Gregory and Batten, they knew full well the club were not going to last beyond 07/08 but did little to stop the rot.

Gavin - I'm afraid that what you say is spot on but lets not go over all that again as there are numerous old threads on Edgware Town's failings and how the individuals you mention allowed the Club die.

Yes I gather Kentish Town have secured Chase Lodge Playing Fields but I'm not entirely sure when they will start plying their trade there is a lot of work has yet to be done to bring the facility up to Step 5 level such as installing floodlights for example. There's no doubt the Club have fallen on their feet though reading this link:

http://kentishtownlibdems.org/2009/12/10/kentish-town-fc-gets-chase-lodge-pitch-2/

There's no doubt the Club have fallen on their feet though reading this link:

http://kentishtownli...-lodge-pitch-2/

Not fallen on their feet at all Rhodes...............a lot of behind the scenes hard work and getting rid of deadwood like you, with your imaginary funding, has put them in this position.

Congratulations Frank, Nellie, Phoenix and everyone associated with KTFC.

Ironic how a club with nothing whatsover to do with the area are being funded a new ground whilst one representing the area of Edgware and to some extent Mill Hill where Kentish Town are located had it's history flushed down the drain.

Good luck to Kentish Town, but can't ever see them playing to more than a few diehards, after all who is going to start watching a club who don't even represent the area in which they play in, and appear to do all their buisniess within Camden council not Barnet.

Gavin - I'm afraid that what you say is spot on but lets not go over all that again as there are numerous old threads on Edgware Town's failings and how the individuals you mention allowed the Club die.

True, but just makes me very angry/sad to see the state of a once famous non league ground, not only did Edgware lose its football ground, it lost its club.

can't ever see them playing to more than a few diehards, after all who is going to start watching a club who don't even represent the area in which they play in, and appear to do all their buisniess within Camden council not Barnet.

More diehards than can turn up to watch Edgware :brille008: ...............and what does it matter about the council they deal with, KTFC have a ground, not some pathetic photos of a building site.

Edited by C.A.A.

Not fallen on their feet at all Rhodes...............a lot of behind the scenes hard work and getting rid of deadwood like you, with your imaginary funding, has put them in this position.

Keeps - If you bother to read the article in the link I attached it starts "One of the first meetings I did after becoming a councillor was with Kentish Town", who do you think the meeting he is talking about was with and who do you think kept badgering the said Councillor into submission.

can't ever see them playing to more than a few diehards, after all who is going to start watching a club who don't even represent the area in which they play in, and appear to do all their buisniess within Camden council not Barnet.

More diehards than can turn up to watch Edgware :brille008: ...............and what does it matter about the council they deal with, KTFC have a ground, not some pathetic photos of a building site.

That would be the same Kentish Town that can barely get 30 yes THIRTY for an average att at Copthall.

21 games, lowest crowd was 12 highest was 55 ave was 26,

Along with my local club Kingsbury, those figures are what IS PATHETIC!!!!!!!

There is no intrest in minor non league clubs in this area....a fact show by Edgware Town's demise as well as Hendon leaving their home ground and barely getting 150 for home home games in the Ryman Prem!!!!

Good luck to Kentish Town....but I don't EVER see them as being little more than a club for members...with very few real supporters.

By the way, years ago there was another non league club playing just down the road from where Kentish Town proposed new ground is going to be...that club was Wingate FC in Hall Lane .....they didn't survie either....till years later with another merger.

Edited by GRS67

Good luck to Kentish Town....but I don't EVER see them as being little more than a club for members...with very few real supporters.

Gavin - As you know Kentish Town will only ever be associated with, and mentioned in the same breath, as Clement Temile and Hector Varela, what those two miracle workers did for the Club, and often with one arm tied behind their backs, was truly amazing

CAA - Have you signed on the dotted line yet............havnt seen a copy of the form if you have :elephant:

Nellie - I find it strange that you come out of the woodwork at the first mention of Kentish Town and then disappear again as quickly as you came. When are Kentish Town scheduled to start plying their trade at Chase Lodge out of interest in the SSML, will it be next season, ie 2011/2012, or in 2012/2013.