Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

White Lion Ground Edgware has been demolished!

Brook House certainly tore us apart that season, Edgware were lucky! :D

Think i even managed to notch against your mob Krooner!!!!

Brook House were not in the SSMFL they were in Ryman 2 (2005/06) and were a decent side along with Ware who I think won the league that season.

Edgware won the SSMFL Premier Treble the following the season and were the best team in the league, Harefield ran the Wares close as did Hertford but Edgware won the league by a a good margin and the following season nearly made the playoffs in Ryman 1 North.

I have no doubt that had the club not folded in the summer of 2008 they would have won promotion to the Ryman Prem in 2008/09 as Aveley and Waltham Abbey two very poor teams the previous season won promotion and the league was a lot easier due to the departure of Sudbuy and Bury town two teams who would have won promotion if not for their sideways move.

Newing and Deanus moved to Leyton for the start of the 2008/09 season then quickly jumped ship to Welwyn Garden City were they managed to not only fight relegation but finnish in a respectable posistion.

last season they moved to Enfield Town taking a number of ex players who had followed them from club to club and narrowly lost in the Ryman 1 North playoff final to Concord Rangers.....perhaps this will be the season that Enfield Town win promotion to the Ryman Prem.

Hertford Town...I remember when you actually had a half decent side now you are mid table also rans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is a considerably higher position than EdgEware Town occupy

dance%20(2).gif

At least the club went out on a high in Ryman 1 just missing out on the playoffs having won the SSMFL treble the previous season, a feat that has not and probablly never will be repeated !!!!

Cannot knock that season when you done the treble, saw your 3-1 win v Stony in the CT Final, then you go Ryman and just miss out on the play offs.....so what went wrong, a ground that gets demolished and a successful club that gets buried, are there lessons that others could learn from your misfortune maybe?

Yes, don't use the lease to your ground as collateral for loans to pay the players!

Horace, are you talking about the previous chairman Rosier? who I take it sold the lease of the ground to a property devlopment company? He had big plans for the club none of which happened, namely taking the club up to the Conference league LOL he brought in a number of players who were reportedly were getting big money then he [****!!****] off and left the club in the crap.

Edgware were being 'bankrolled' by Galliers homes who hoped to get their hands on the site of the White Lion Ground....once planning permison was given to Edgeware developments who owned the lease galliers homes saw they wouldnn't get their hands on the land and withdrew sponsorship to the tune of around £30,000

The club was then left with no sponsor to pay the rent on the ground, had no lease and no option but to quit their home......however.......the club DIDN'T have to die.....if the support base had been proactive they could have raised some funds and started the club again albeit in a lower level, perhaps the Hertfordshire league or the Middx league and a groundshared with for eg Kingsbury....

Nothing was done to stop the club from dissapearing other than Mr Gregory posting on the clubs website that the club were still regsitered with the Middx league and a new club would be formed....blah blah ......the people involved in the running of the club simply walked away (some into the sunshine, others to Harefield and whatever club Newing was at) its' a shame that the club had so little support (despite crowds growing in their Championship and Ryman 1 North season's) No one was prepared to look at alternatives to form a new Edgware Town.

We did of course have the debabcle with uncle urchin and his project which to be fair did see the light of day albeit as a club playing in Befordshire the roots of which were formed in the summer of 2008 when I had the idea to form Edgware FC....

During this past year I have been in contact with a guy who runs a South American Football school and had plans to bring Edgware Town back and use it as a vechile to showcase south american players on their books, plans were to be up and running this season but this has not happened and am dubious as to if it ever will happen.

Edgware Town FC 1939 -2008 RIP

Edited by GRS67

Brook House were not in the SSMFL they were in Ryman 2 (2005/06) and were a decent side along with Ware who I think won the league that season.

Edgware won the SSMFL Premier Treble the following the season and were the best team in the league, Harefield ran the Wares close as did Hertford but Edgware won the league by a a good margin and the following season nearly made the playoffs in Ryman 1 North.

I have no doubt that had the club not folded in the summer of 2008 they would have won promotion to the Ryman Prem in 2008/09 as Aveley and Waltham Abbey two very poor teams the previous season won promotion and the league was a lot easier due to the departure of Sudbuy and Bury town two teams who would have won promotion if not for their sideways move.

Newing and Deanus moved to Leyton for the start of the 2008/09 season then quickly jumped ship to Welwyn Garden City were they managed to not only fight relegation but finnish in a respectable posistion.

last season they moved to Enfield Town taking a number of ex players who had followed them from club to club and narrowly lost in the Ryman 1 North playoff final to Concord Rangers.....perhaps this will be the season that Enfield Town win promotion to the Ryman Prem.

maybe we were in the league above wen u won the league then.... coffee%20(2).gif

maybe we were in the league above wen u won the league then.... coffee%20(2).gif

:smilewinkgrin:

Obviously we were all taking about the Ryman 2 season and numb nuts got it wrong!

Pictures of The White Lion Ground as it stood on Tuesday night when I visited now uploaded on THE COLD END

Sad to see such a great stadium now in such a state. Like so many others in London it'll probably end up being a luxury development of contemporary spacious apartments at affordable prices starting at £759,995.

Pictures of The White Lion Ground as it stood on Tuesday night when I visited now uploaded on THE COLD END

Sad to see such a great stadium now in such a state. Like so many others in London it'll probably end up being a luxury development of contemporary spacious apartments at affordable prices starting at £759,995.

Cold End I see you managed to get inside the ground, whenever I have been passed I have been unable to enter, that said I am not sure I would want to enter as it's very sad to see what has happened to the place.

I am linking your blog to my blog ok?

Obviously we were all taking about the Ryman 2 season and numb nuts got it wrong!

NO I was talking about he 2006/07 season when Edgware won the treble...you of course are talking bollox as usual!!

Edited by GRS67