Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

White Lion Ground Edgware has been demolished!

Hertford Town...I remember when you actually had a half decent side now you are mid table also rans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is a considerably higher position than EdgEware Town occupy

dance%20(2).gif

At least the club went out on a high in Ryman 1 just missing out on the playoffs having won the SSMFL treble the previous season, a feat that has not and probablly never will be repeated !!!!

Cannot knock that season when you done the treble, saw your 3-1 win v Stony in the CT Final, then you go Ryman and just miss out on the play offs.....so what went wrong, a ground that gets demolished and a successful club that gets buried, are there lessons that others could learn from your misfortune maybe?

Hertford Town...I remember when you actually had a half decent side now you are mid table also rans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is a considerably higher position than EdgEware Town occupy

dance%20(2).gif

At least the club went out on a high in Ryman 1 just missing out on the playoffs having won the SSMFL treble the previous season, a feat that has not and probablly never will be repeated !!!!

Cannot knock that season when you done the treble, saw your 3-1 win v Stony in the CT Final, then you go Ryman and just miss out on the play offs.....so what went wrong, a ground that gets demolished and a successful club that gets buried, are there lessons that others could learn from your misfortune maybe?

Yes, don't use the lease to your ground as collateral for loans to pay the players!

Just to pipe up it is very sad that a club went to a wall like this. By the grace of god etc.

People should remember that when they make cheap shots at each other. And that includes many of the posters on here.

Just for the record though I agree with NB. Best footballing side I ever saw in Ryman 2. Happy Days...... Good to see you pop up too Horace.

Just to pipe up it is very sad that a club went to a wall like this. By the grace of god etc.

People should remember that when they make cheap shots at each other. And that includes many of the posters on here.

Just for the record though I agree with NB. Best footballing side I ever saw in Ryman 2. Happy Days...... Good to see you pop up too Horace.

argh the good old days ay kroons!!!

Brook House certainly tore us apart that season, Edgware were lucky! :D

Think i even managed to notch against your mob Krooner!!!!

Was at Hertford that season NB!

Who knows if I impress in the reserves tonight I might get a chance to try and kick you again this season... doubt it though!!

Brook House certainly tore us apart that season, Edgware were lucky! :D

Think i even managed to notch against your mob Krooner!!!!

Only goal he ever scored for us, and he's hidden behind the defenders!

cazh.jpg

Come on Horace I remember scoring at least one other, header against Witham in that crappy midweek cup no one wanted to play in or could remember the name of....

Also Horace that pic is not from when I was playing, I've never played in the same side as Cooper.. he was at St Mags that season.

Come on Horace I remember scoring at least one other, header against Witham in that crappy midweek cup no one wanted to play in or could remember the name of....

Also Horace that pic is not from when I was playing, I've never played in the same side as Cooper.. he was at St Mags that season.

Many apologies NF! I think this is the correct one. And the other goal you scored was in the late lamented "Associate Members Cup" home to Witham Town, the scorers that day sounding like a firm of solicitors! (Evitt, Taylor and Ulatowski)

IMG_5395.jpg

Edited by Horace