Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

White Lion Ground Edgware has been demolished!

CAA - Have you signed on the dotted line yet............havnt seen a copy of the form if you have :elephant:

Nellie - I find it strange that you come out of the woodwork at the first mention of Kentish Town and then disappear again as quickly as you came. When are Kentish Town scheduled to start plying their trade at Chase Lodge out of interest in the SSML, will it be next season, ie 2011/2012, or in 2012/2013.

Why do you find it strange?

It's what people do when they see a post that interests them. Otherwise they get on with their business.

Hi Nellie! :chestram2:

It's what people do when they see a post that interests them. Otherwise they get on with their business.

Horace - Interesting, sorry, very interesting then that Nellie hasn't been as quick to come on to answer my last question, namely, when are Kentish Town scheduled to start plying their trade at Chase Lodge in the SSML, will it be next season, ie 2011/2012, or in 2012/2013. Also, out of interest, when are floodlights likely to be installed at Chase Lodge and who will be picking up the tab for them.

Horace - Interesting, sorry, very interesting then that Nellie hasn't been as quick to come on to answer my last question, namely, when are Kentish Town scheduled to start plying their trade at Chase Lodge in the SSML, will it be next season, ie 2011/2012, or in 2012/2013. Also, out of interest, when are floodlights likely to be installed at Chase Lodge and who will be picking up the tab for them.

I wouldn't tell you either!

Horace - Is that if you were involved with Kentish Town, well of course you wouldn't spill the beans as the answer would be far too revealing. Also, as I'm sure you are aware, it is a partnership with Hampstead FC and you will find that Kentish Town won't lift a finger, they will no doubt leave everything up to Hampstead's innovative and dynamic Chairwoman Diane Culligan who also heads up the Camden Community Football and Sports Association (CCFSA) and carries an enormous amount of clout, she is a qualified Coach and Referee and recently won a prestigious 'Outstanding Contribution to Women’s Football' gong awarded by the London FA.

Hiya Horace hope you are well xx

Horace - I rest my case!

Horace - I rest my case!

Is it one of those cheap black plastic ones with "ER" and a crown on it, or do you rest a brown leather one with "M.O.D" on it?

Horace - Seriously though I would give my right arm to be a fly on the wall when the two Chairwomen, Diane Culligan and Nellie, meet to talk shop as it were, talk about chalk and cheese!

Horace - I rest my case!

I presume the case doesn't have a hat in it as that will of course have been eaten.

• 2 weeks later...

It's typical of this forum that a post should be hijacked by Rhodes and the original thread lost.

Ah! Gavin, you've spotted the problem with this forum! Well done.

To get the thread back on to its intended course (although I'm not sure why it's on the SSML forum), let me offer you my sincere condolences. It must have been heartbreaking to witness the scene of destruction at the White Lion. I have many abiding memories of visits to the ground, including you chasing Hertford supporters with a length of iron bar, then later throwing gravel at the team coach as we stopped at the traffic lights on our way home. The driver was apoplectic! My, you can run when you have to!

It's typical of this forum that a post should be hijacked by Rhodes and the original thread lost.

To get the thread back on to its intended course (although I'm not sure why it's on the SSML forum), let me offer you my sincere condolences. It must have been heartbreaking to witness the scene of destruction at the White Lion. I have many abiding memories of visits to the ground, including you chasing Hertford supporters with a length of iron bar, then later throwing gravel at the team coach as we stopped at the traffic lights on our way home. The driver was apoplectic! My, you can run when you have to!

Horace you old C**T I remember that very well, pity I didn't wrap the iron bar round the neck of the hertford C**T....Even Ken Batten said he would have done the same, when he made me Match Secretary a week later !!!!

Also shame there was not a brick handy instead of some ' gravel' I would have thrown that though the Hertford Town coach window !!!!!!!!!

You coming down the Den when the Lions take on Derby......I am sure a few of us will give your team a welcome they wont forget....( remember the playoffs in 94????)

Now go back to your sald little club old man....Hertford Town...I remember when you actually had a half decent side now you are mid table also rans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horace you old C**T I remember that very well, pity I didn't wrap the iron bar round the neck of the hertford C**T....Even Ken Batten said he would have done the same, when he made me Match Secretary a week later !!!!

Also shame there was not a brick handy instead of some ' gravel' I would have thrown that though the Hertford Town coach window !!!!!!!!!

You coming down the Den when the Lions take on Derby......I am sure a few of us will give your team a welcome they wont forget....( remember the playoffs in 94????)

Now go back to your sald little club old man....Hertford Town...I remember when you actually had a half decent side now you are mid table also rans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now then Gavin, forgotten to take your tablets?

(a) I'm no longer involved with Hertford Town

( B) I once went to the old Den (in the 70's for an FA Cup tie between Milwall and Notts county. I went on the train with a motley cvollection of middle aged people and kids, and the police marched us around New Cross for an hour "for our own safety". When we finally got to the Den, the ushered us in behind one goal, and we thought we were segregated. Then they let the home scum in behind us, trapping us in! When a girl aged about 14 raised her scarf when Notts ran out, a lout piled in and hit her! The law did nothing.

Near the end, with Milwall winning 2-1 it looked like Notts would equalise. We were all shouting "Don't shoot!"

We asked the police if we could leave before the end as we were scared of the home fans who were trapping us in, but said it was safer in the ground than out of it. At the end of the game, we expected the law to march us back to New Cross Gate station, but they all disappeared.

The following tie was the infamous home game versus Ipswich Town, when the home fans really misbehaved! Although it was a scary day, the Milwall fans weren't as scary as ones I've encountered from Stoke, Sunderland and Leeds.

Edited by Horace

( B) I once went to the old Den (in the 70's for an FA Cup tie between Milwall and Notts county. I went on the train with a motley cvollection of middle aged people and kids, and the police marched us around New Cross for an hour "for our own safety". When we finally got to the Den, the ushered us in behind one goal, and we thought we were segregated. Then they let the home scum in behind us, trapping us in! When a girl aged about 14 raised her scarf when Notts ran out, a lout piled in and hit her! The law did nothing.

Near the end, with Milwall winning 2-1 it looked like Notts would equalise. We were all shouting "Don't shoot!"

We asked the police if we could leave before the end as we were scared of the home fans who were trapping us in, but said it was safer in the ground than out of it. At the end of the game, we expected the law to march us back to New Cross Gate station, but they all disappeared.

The following tie was the infamous home game versus Ipswich Town, when the home fans really misbehaved! Although it was a scary day, the Milwall fans weren't as scary as ones I've encountered from Stoke, Sunderland and Leeds.

Thanks for that little anecdote...I enjoyed reading it....I loved the Old Den...the 'new ' place can still get it going like last season when we had a few big games towards our promotion season. Why were you at a Millwall v Notts County match? I thought you supported Derby County?

I didn't know you were no longer involved with Hertford Town....are you with any club or do you just watch anyone these days?

I watch the odd Kingsbury match but that's about it non league wise these days, Edgware are no more and Hendon have moved out to Wembley...the state of non league football round this way is depressing....still I hear Kentish Town are going to build their own ground in Mill Hill !!!!!

Horace - Why not come down to Hertingfordbury Park this evening, you can, firstly, buy me a pint and, secondly, I'll introduce you to Tony Armitage

Gavin - I hear that you might be joining forces with Wingate & Finchley this season, I'll see you over the Abrahams Stadium if you do as I'm doing some work for them

Thanks for that little anecdote...I enjoyed reading it....I loved the Old Den...the 'new ' place can still get it going like last season when we had a few big games towards our promotion season. Why were you at a Millwall v Notts County match? I thought you supported Derby County?

I didn't know you were no longer involved with Hertford Town....are you with any club or do you just watch anyone these days?

I watch the odd Kingsbury match but that's about it non league wise these days, Edgware are no more and Hendon have moved out to Wembley...the state of non league football round this way is depressing....still I hear Kentish Town are going to build their own ground in Mill Hill !!!!!

In the late 70s i lived and worked in Nottingham, and I temporarily defected to Notts County (because they WEREN'T Forest!).

Hertford Town...I remember when you actually had a half decent side now you are mid table also rans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is a considerably higher position than EdgEware Town occupy

dance%20(2).gif

At least the club went out on a high in Ryman 1 just missing out on the playoffs having won the SSMFL treble the previous season, a feat that has not and probablly never will be repeated !!!!