Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What's that dripping...........?????

Must be another dodgy tap!

Funny, we signed a lad the other week and his registration has all gone through and we were all looking forward to the new season. The move has been openly discussed on this forum and also our club one, and has been a source of interest for some weeks now as he is someone well known around the league.

Funny, I arrive at training last night and get a call from said player, who advises that another CCL club have been in touch. It appears the the poor chaps have lost one of their many forwards and want to offer him some ridiculous sum of money to play for them, the monthly figure covering a large part of his mortgage bill, it appears - I stress that I cannot quantify the sum as I was not party to that particular conversation.

Funny, he has a number should I want to call it, so passes it to me and apologises for the fact that he feels he cannot turn down such an opportunity.

Funny, I call the number and get an answer and it is someone I know from the other club. He denies speaking to the player on the telephone we are talking on, but admits he is aware that "something was going on" with the player. Having taken some flak from me he suggests that he contact the manager, who is on holiday, so that he can call me.

Funny, I get a call from this person and he manages to spend some time explaining how the player is totally to blame for this "misunderstanding" and that they did not know he was involved with us - this person does a regular slot on this forum. The figures given to me by the player are massively inflated and are a ruse to justify the lad moving away because the offer is too good to refuse. This may be the case, although the player did contact me out of the blue to ask to return to our club prior to pre-season, knowing full well the expenses we give would probably pay his paper bill and petrol, so wanting to "get away" would seem unlikely.

Funny, whilst this is going on, the secretary of said club is on the blower to my secretary asking if they can put a 7 day approach in for the lad, confirming that they have already spoken to him.

Funny, between 6pm and 7pm we have had contact with three officials from this club who all seem intent on deflecting any suggestion of wrong doing by them.

Funny, the "manager" suggests this thing happens all the time and that we have to accept it. Not at my club, or any club where I have control over football matters! Any player approaching me is questioned as to his satus at other clubs and only when the proper checks are done would we entertain taking someone on to train, let alone sign. Always has been the way and always will - it's called doing things the right way and a show of respect!

Funny, if I am on holiday with my family and know I have done nothing wrong, I'm damned if I would feel the need to contact a third party to plead my innocence.

Funny - no it's not! Why is it that certain people feel the need to do this sort of thing and think that it's okay.

The player will move on and why not - if someone is willing to pay silly money to someone who was happy to accept expenses to play football then good luck to him and, if the sums are what is quoted, he would be a fool not to at least consider it. If another club have the resources and are desperate to get up from this division, let them utilise those resources, but in the right way.

We will regroup with the loyal group of lads we had last year, who backed us through some tough times last season and, with a few suitable additions, hope to have another crack at the CCL.

Life will go on and this will be soon forgotten, but in the short term will leave a bad taste in the mouth.

The saga will run on a bit because, following a chat with them last night, the CCL will be involved and the two clubs will have a frosty relationship, which is something I certainly do not want.

The CCL is a league full of some really decent and honest folk, run by good people and we could do without this type of thing.

I made comment on another posting about a situation with another player, but I know that this was basically a communication problem and I have no issue with either party in that instance.

I cannot honestly say that I can say the same here.

I am sure that there will be a response to this post and the intent will be to deny any inappropriate actions.

What I can say is that the information supplied above is a true and accurate account of the conversations and events of last night and, in truth, it really does p*** me off!

Some of you may agree with me and others think I am over-reacting, but it is very frustrating. Players moving is part and parcel of football but this hit a nerve.

Funny, feel better for getting this off my chest and I can now concentrate on getting our lads ready for 7th August.

Look forward to seeing you all during the season, with one particular away fixture springing to mind as one to look forward to!

Steve

you are right 50 and it is not how things should be handled but they are,I believe the other Club is probably Chertsey and with the amount of money thier manager has at his fingertips this is always gonna happen,if I was him I would probably be doing exactly the same (but that don't make it right ) my guess is that Mr. Day will have given his manager some ultimatums (if not he should have ) and he will be offering silly money to try and win this league

Yes you will get a responce!

The said player is Matt Baxter and we spoke to him last week after he told my coach that he was considering offers from Mertham and another club. I called him and spoke to him from holiday and spoke to him at for 27 mins and at around 24 mins he told me he had signed for Molesey as a form had been put in front of him. At which point I told him to contact Molesey and only spoke to him last night to tell him what had happened.

It is the middle of July, players are speaking and training with numerous clubs, playing each other off against each other. There is no information at this stage about who has signed for who and just because a player has played in a friendly means nothing officially. We only signed our players last weekend. Baxter has not been offered a huge salary, probably no more than 10 pounds more than at Molesey and was actually at Staines Lammas last season anyway. After Webby threw his toys out of his pram and screamed abuse at my coach (of which that club tried to steal one of my head coaches this summer but that is a different matter) I called him so to accuse me of being guilty because I called him is pathetic. Time to grow up-it is preaseon and players are going all over the place, we lost our goalkeeper last week, do you see us complaining, it is football. Until Mitoo publish their lists or matches begin how are we to know who is with whom-i could be filing complaints all over the place!

For the record our ONLY 'previous' is that we put in two 7 day approaches within 28 days to BG the season before last and it was actually accepted by their Chairman and Manager as it was done face to face. We were aquited at the FA over Bamford and he was released to play.

Jealousy is a big thing but don't try and slag us off for trying to get in players in the summer when everyone else is too.

And don't worry your post has just given my my teamtalk for when we face Molesey-shame that you have chosen to ruin a great relationship between the clubs at all levels just because you lost your best player, I don't expect to be happy about it and the same happens to us all but your post is ridiculous

Have to agree with Chertsey Town, If the player is that thick that he doesn't tell another team he's already signed for a club then who can they be blamed.

We signed a player 3 years ago on the Thursday night after training to play against Epsom on the Saturday only to find out after the game that he'd agreed on the Wednesday to sign for them and said he's meet them Saturday !!!!! Der

I am at time surprised just how thick players are !!!! and we all know how inflated players wages are !!!!!!

Yes you will get a responce!

The said player is Matt Baxter and we spoke to him last week after he told my coach that he was considering offers from Mertham and another club. I called him and spoke to him from holiday and spoke to him at for 27 mins and at around 24 mins he told me he had signed for Molesey as a form had been put in front of him. At which point I told him to contact Molesey and only spoke to him last night to tell him what had happened.

It is the middle of July, players are speaking and training with numerous clubs, playing each other off against each other. There is no information at this stage about who has signed for who and just because a player has played in a friendly means nothing officially. We only signed our players last weekend. Baxter has not been offered a huge salary, probably no more than 10 pounds more than at Molesey and was actually at Staines Lammas last season anyway. After Webby threw his toys out of his pram and screamed abuse at my coach (of which that club tried to steal one of my head coaches this summer but that is a different matter) I called him so to accuse me of being guilty because I called him is pathetic. Time to grow up-it is preaseon and players are going all over the place, we lost our goalkeeper last week, do you see us complaining, it is football. Until Mitoo publish their lists or matches begin how are we to know who is with whom-i could be filing complaints all over the place!

For the record our ONLY 'previous' is that we put in two 7 day approaches within 28 days to BG the season before last and it was actually accepted by their Chairman and Manager as it was done face to face. We were aquited at the FA over Bamford and he was released to play.

Jealousy is a big thing but don't try and slag us off for trying to get in players in the summer when everyone else is too.

And don't worry your post has just given my my teamtalk for when we face Molesey-shame that you have chosen to ruin a great relationship between the clubs at all levels just because you lost your best player, I don't expect to be happy about it and the same happens to us all but your post is ridiculous

Our best player? Nope, I rate McShane and Lampard as better straight away...

As for Steve Webb shouting at you I find that ridiculous, he has stood up to all sorts of pressure on and off the pitch in the last few seasons (including from me!) and has had to lead the club through some really tough times. Never in all this period has Steve ever done or said anything that wasn't carefully considered beforehand... In short he is probably one of the calmest managers in this league.

As for your team talk... Are you so egotistical as to make the team talk about your personal grievances than anything tactical? Sounds like a manager who is desperate, I may only have a level one coaching badge but even I know you have to forget about personal feelings when instructing your players!

This sort of affair is the reason why me and so many fans like me hope for Chertsey to fail... It may be jealousy or it may be for your shady business deals but either way your arrogance at expecting other clubs to roll over while you take their players is highly amusing.

£10 extra a week? A likely story

Matt Baxter - I really enjoyed seeing you play for Molesey and understand why you should want to leave if there is significantly more money on the table, but no offence is meant when I say I hope you have a bad season at Chertsey... Your lack of loyalty is noted however, just another mercenary footballer.

Personally not sure this sort of thing should be aired on a public forum. understand Steve is angry but there are channels for this. Also Spencer should not really have replied either. We all want our league to be in the best light around non league football and like it or not this forum will be part of that and it does none of us any good really.

Hopefully it can all be sorted out in the easiest and best way for all concerned.

I wonder if we should start looking at the way some of these players are contacted by some clubs, good job you have got Dan Rice at Camberley Kroons he has got more players phone numbers in his phone than the rest of us put together

well when your at the next game he will be the fecker who's walking around with a walking stick because the Kent has always got something wrong with him, he played 20mins for Ash last season and got injured played 10 mins for our ressies and got injured then transfered to Camberley and got injured we nicknamed him Frank Spencer, he asked Koo if he could help with some of the training but guess what the useless kent got fecking injured whilst putting out some cones.