Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What should Officials clamp down on this season ?

So if there is just 1 thing Officials could clamp down on what would you want it to be ?

one thing that is tough , but would have to say diving that really gets to me would like to see that punished a lot stronger to stamp it out ,would also like referees especially in division 1 to be less card happy and talk to players / captains more, but saying this i do applaud them as really is a tough job

So if there is just 1 thing Officials could clamp down on what would you want it to be ?

Bench Behavior. Not mentioning any names : Ash and Guilford !

BLIMEY STEVE, THATS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK !

I SAW EGHAM ON A FEW OCCASIONS LAST SEASON AND I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT EGHAM ARE NO SAINTS, AND YES STEVE YOU HATE WHATS YOUR OPINION OF BAD REFEREEING, I RECALL THE END OF SEASON GAME AGAINST MOLESEY, YOU WERE RANTING LIKE NO-ONES BUSINESS AT THE REF ! ............. BUT AT LEAST YOU WON 1-0 ( I BELIEVE), THEN ALL IS WELL ........ LOL !!!

cheating......and all the nonsence at corners with shirt pulling and hauling down...and yes Kroons I know that is more that one

BLIMEY STEVE, THATS THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK !

I SAW EGHAM ON A FEW OCCASIONS LAST SEASON AND I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT EGHAM ARE NO SAINTS, AND YES STEVE YOU HATE WHATS YOUR OPINION OF BAD REFEREEING, I RECALL THE END OF SEASON GAME AGAINST MOLESEY, YOU WERE RANTING LIKE NO-ONES BUSINESS AT THE REF ! ............. BUT AT LEAST YOU WON 1-0 ( I BELIEVE), THEN ALL IS WELL ........ LOL !!!

Alright i'll give you that one ! However the game in question was the worst refereeing display i have ever seen and even the most mild managers would have had something to say on that night !

playing the advantage rule.

cant remember how many times i've been annoyed at a ref for not waiting 2 seconds to see how play develops before giving a free-kick.

Burgers, Pies, Kebabs and Shandy cheesy%20%282%29.gif

Edited by Wattsy

Wattsy you have nicked JR's answer he will be angry. Anyway happy with Kebabs and Shandy bit .......

Edited by Krooner

Sorry Krooner, two from me.

1) Time wasting. No point the ref waving his hand in the air saying "I've noticed it" If it happens a second time in a match there should be a card.

2) Consistency on the advantage rule. Some are great at this, while others have blown for the foul before the player has hit the deck.

Actually one other query. Why do we have this rule allowing people to take a goal kick from either side of the six yard area? It is such a blatant time wasting opportunity which I have regularly seen taken advantage of. If a referee can determine the side a corner can be taken just by pointing his arm, then why not goal kicks too?

I'll get off my soapbox now :)

Edited by E&E Ed

I don't think they should clamp down on anything, just be more consistant. Some strict, some not. Some like the game to flow, others blow at every opportunity, some you can talk to, some don't wanna know. It's the same at all levels really.

Sorry Krooner, two from me.

1) Time wasting. No point the ref waving his hand in the air saying "I've noticed it" If it happens a second time in a match there should be a card.

2) Consistency on the advantage rule. Some are great at this, while others have blown for the foul before the player has hit the deck.

Actually one other query. Why do we have this rule allowing people to take a goal kick from either side of the six yard area? It is such a blatant time wasting opportunity which I have regularly seen taken advantage of. If a referee can determine the side a corner can be taken just by pointing his arm, then why not goal kicks too?

I'll get off my soapbox now :)

The LAW about taking a goal kick from either side was introduced by FIFA some time back (Krooner might remember when!!) so there is nothing a referee can do if a goalkeeper decides to take a goal kick from the other side to where the ball is.

Strangely, I have it in the back of my mind that it was introduced to try and speed up play as it meant that the goalkeeper would not have to go from where he collects the ball to the side where it went out which sometimes is the other side of the goal.

Obviously though a referee should still be ensuring that play is restarted in an acceptable time.

Always amazes me that when a team is ahead they waste a bit of time and then they are the first to moan if they fall behind and the other tean do likewise