Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What should Officials clamp down on this season ?

Players that intentionally go out to hurt an openant, ball or no ball 1st - its against the rules. Intimidating play was all part and parcel inmyday but if we want to progress the standard of our football from top to bottom the over the top stuff has to be stamped out..... Or may i`m just going soft in my old age!

Go out an Refs and how they manage a game comes up.Why does Krooner do this,only one thing to say to Refs be consistent.I am going to do a Ref. Rating this year on this forum,so before every game I attend,I am going to introduce myself to the Officials,Hi I'm Smudge will be assessing your performance today.Watched 7 Pre=Season Games this year,and not a booking,or even dissent from the Managers.Long may it continue.

Edited by Smudge

Go out an Refs and how they manage a game comes up.Why does Krooner do this,only one thing to say to Refs be consistent.I am going to do a Ref. Rating this year on this forum,so before every game I attend,I am going to introduce myself to the Officials,Hi I'm Smudge will be assessing your performance today.Watched 7 Pre=Season Games this year,and not a booking,or even dissent from the Managers.Long may it continue.

Smudge, you know that will not continue.

Cards are generally kept in the pocket for friendlies but that will change once the league starts.

Managers have more to worry about than disputing a throw in on the halfway line but that also will change shortly

I don't think they should clamp down on anything, just be more consistant. Some strict, some not. Some like the game to flow, others blow at every opportunity, some you can talk to, some don't wanna know. It's the same at all levels really.

The "Talking to issue" is impossible to make consistent because some people are able to do it and others are not. The one difficultty I have with talking is invariably when asked a question I will be interrupted during my answer as the player wishes to argue. I do ask the players if they ask me a question to at least have the decency to listen to my reply. An example of this was when I had a discussion at half time with Eversleys manager. He asked me a question listened to my answer and although disagreed with it didnt then argue over it. That is the way to do things going forward. I wonder if that happened more if more referees would talk. I suspect we will never know.

No thats only Warren Atkin Smudge.

You will never get consistent refs at this level, just like you don't get consistent players.

I just want refs to be more friendly in their communication. Some refs start rude. If a player is consistently rude to you then fair enough, lose your rag with him.

Shouting and screaming is not an effective management style anymore, in any walk of life.

Edited by Terrence Collina

I don't think they should clamp down on anything, just be more consistant. Some strict, some not. Some like the game to flow, others blow at every opportunity, some you can talk to, some don't wanna know. It's the same at all levels really.

The "Talking to issue" is impossible to make consistent because some people are able to do it and others are not. The one difficultty I have with talking is invariably when asked a question I will be interrupted during my answer as the player wishes to argue. I do ask the players if they ask me a question to at least have the decency to listen to my reply. An example of this was when I had a discussion at half time with Eversleys manager. He asked me a question listened to my answer and although disagreed with it didnt then argue over it. That is the way to do things going forward. I wonder if that happened more if more referees would talk. I suspect we will never know.

EXCELLENT KROONS ! GREAT EXAMPLE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN, WHEN EXPLAINING A DECISION IS DEFUSES THE AMINOSITY BETWEEN THE 2 (OR MORE) CONCERNED. YES THERE WILL BE SOME ABNOXIOUS PLAYERS (AND REF'S) WHO ARE NOT PREPARED TO LISTEN TO YOUR EXPLANATION 'COS YOU ARE WRONG IN THEIR EYES, SO WHY ASK FOR AN EXPLANATION FOR YOUR DECISION IN THE FIRST PLACE !

I RESPECT YOUR ANSWER NEVERTHLESS, I FIND EXCELLENT REFEREE'S TAKE TIME OUT TO TALK, HAVE A LAUGH AND BANTER WITH PLAYERS DURING THE GAME, IT CREATES A MORE HARMONIOUS ATMOSPHERE THUS LESS BOOKINGS, ARGUING AND BETTER UNDERSTANDING, AS OPPOSED TO ACTING LIKE A DICATOR RAISING A CARD WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING...........PERSONALLY I JUST WANT PLAYERS AND REF'S TO COMMUNICATE MORE AND YOU WILL ALL FIND THAT PLAYING AND REFEREEING IS ACTUALLY ENJOYABLE !

I'll reserve comment until after the League Season has got well under way.

I'll reserve comment until after the League Season has got well under way.

How about asking players very nicely not to stand 2 yards from the ball when they or a team mate have given away a free kick.

All advantage lost and a quick free kick prevented.

Then when they do it again, yellow card!!!

Actually is it a cautionable offence?

Somebody will know I am sure.