Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anagram Records Trophy - 2010/2011

Rhodes - Out of curiosity, how many games did you go to this season?

Do you always keep a tally of the games you Officiate at out of interest, how many was it this season

139th and final game tomorrow.

You still haven't answered my question.

I doubt you went to 5 games this season.

:futbolbud2:

I could tell you!!!

Yes, you have a lot of time on your hands nowadays don't you since Baby Keeps turned his back on semi-pro football

I could tell you!!!

Yes, you have a lot of time on your hands nowadays don't you since Baby Keeps turned his back on semi-pro football

Thats odd Cliffy. I thought you wanted everyone to get back on topic. Look - you said it here you hypocrite.

Lets get back to topic folks. It's a shame nobody from Aston Clinton posts on here, I bet the players will all be tucked up in their beds by 10.30 tonight in preparation for their big day tomorrow.

Loosely - My post to Keeps could be related to this thread, what's wrong with him getting in his car after the Sunday roast and driving to Letchworth for this afternoon's game, I'm sure he will know a few people there such as Horace and HTFCew

Probably not going on Sunday - I've pretty much decided to call it a season after 102 games

Sjj2112 - Did you get the Non League paper today, if so did you see an article entitled 'All Rover for Rebel' as follows:

'The groundhopping community lost one of its own last week, Rebel the dog. Rebel was a well known hopper having clocked up more than 400 different non league grounds nationwide with his owners, the Norcross family. But he sadly had to be put down last week at the age of 14 after developing a brain tumour. Rebel loved his football and any mention would have him running to the front door with his lead'.

I was just wondering whether you had ever met Rebel on your travels.

Eagles went 3-0 up in first five of 2nd half with a goal you would think would kill the game off. Defensive error assisted them with third goal, their first two were really well taken .

AC came back showing some real guts and spirit. Was 3-2 with minutes remaining...Eagles broke away and made it 4-2 to lift cup.

Good 2nd half. Right team just about won.

AC were backed by a loud beer-influenced following.

Match report, highlights and photos to follow on thecoldend

Today's fixture wasn't mentioned in the Non League paper, I'm sure if it had it would have added to the attendance

Here are the long awaited highlights of yesterday's game....includes every goal except Eagle's third -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncYNnrYth1M

Click on thecoldend link below for loads of photos of the day also. 2min 15secs + was it a penalty???? Looks like the Eagles were quite lucky to get away with it!!!

Here are the long awaited highlights of yesterday's game....includes every goal except Eagle's third -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncYNnrYth1M

Click on thecoldend link below for loads of photos of the day also. 2min 15secs + was it a penalty???? Looks like the Eagles were quite lucky to get away with it!!!

The Coldend- Thanks good footag,e out and out penaty though.May have changed the game at that poin,t can't see how the Ref didn't see it. But then maybe I am a liitle bias

A report from another's Forum except that the anorak got the result wrong which he embarrassingly acknowledged later:

Sunday 22 May 2011, 3:00pm; Letchworth Garden City Eagles 3-2 Aston Clinton; Capital Counties Feeder Leagues Trophy Final; att: 195 h/c ; Entry £5; programme issued.

I only heard of this fixture by chance (from The Wall) and it slotted in as a Plan B when I awoke early and decided it was not cricket weather. The Capital Counties Feeder Leagues Trophy (I hope I’ve got that right) is a rare example of a cup competition which is better known by its sponsor’s name, the Anagram Records Trophy. Its initial impetus was to provide a chance for ambitious clubs which did not qualify for the FA Vase to play against similar sides from parallel minor leagues. There seem to be fewer such clubs around these days, but for me this was a chance to see two clubs I had never seen in action before.

The venue for this cup final was the County Ground at Letchworth, headquarters of the Hertfordshire FA and home ground of Baldock Letchworth FC – the Eagles’ home ground is just around the corner. It is a very well appointed ground and noticeably well-maintained. The north side houses the FA’s administrative building along with a decent, if off-centre, cantilevered stand and a bar area. The rest has neatly-mown grass banking, supplemented with areas of covered terracing on each side. I have a photo of the ground at this link:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/53104607

The attendance of nearly 200 rates as quite good for this competition and there were many familiar faces present. The atmosphere was spoiled a little by some drunken and aggressive behaviour from a group of Aston Clinton supporters. With no stewards present, they felt able to throw their weight around a bit and it nearly came to blows on a couple of occasions. Fortunately none of the locals were inclined to rise to the bait so far as I saw.

Eagles (of the Hertfordshire County League) looked the more accomplished side and took a 2-0 lead against the wind in the first half. A third goal just after half time looked to have sealed a comfortable win, before a surprise, late Aston Clinton (of the Spartan League) fightback. No sooner had guest of honour (and this message board’s own) SuperKev! slipped away from his seat to tie blue and black ribbons on to the trophy, than Aston slipped in two quick ones to cause a few minutes of panic in the Eagles defence. But they held on for a deserved 3-2 victory.

A tea bar was dispensing burgers (standard), chips (good) and sausages (untried). A neat MK Publications match programme sold for £1 on entry.

Hatfield mob were there then? :smilewinkgrin:

Keeps - I did hear on the grapevine that the 'Aston Clinton Army' resembled Hatfield Town's when they met Hoddesdon Town in the Hertfordshire FA Senior Centenary Trophy Final in 2009

Keeps - Was Sjj2112 at the Anagram Records Trophy Final out of interest

Talc - Yes but I bet he couldn't resist going, I'll be surprised if he wasn't there

Edited by NeutralFan
Just wanted to say what a wanky 25,000th post