Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Berks & Bucks Intimediate County Cup

The local council called the game off - must be their pitch?

Can they do that, isn't it up to an Official making a pitch inspection

not if the owner of the pitch (the council, usually) says "no game"!

Horace - Could the game not have been switched to Chalfont Wasps, I believe it was called off yesterday

You believe anything Rhodes, why switch home advantage...mind you not having the week to week involvement in a club you wouldn't know really would you?

The local council called the game off - must be their pitch?

Can they do that, isn't it up to an Official making a pitch inspection

If the pitch is owned by the Council then they can postpone the fixture as it is a County Cup tie.

This would overrule any decision by the Referee.

Edited by petethegreek

Ref Off Ref - I expect you are still smarting from that hugely disappointing 3-2 home defeat to Reading YMCA aren't you

Rhodes...bet you're smarting from the 3-1 defeat Reading YMCA suffered yesterday in the next round of the competition haha....oh and Rhodes, given we had only 14 available players yesterday, one of those being a keeper sub, had we progressed 2 of the starting X1 would have been cup tied so I therefore stand by answer....looking back it was a blessing in disguise.

Anyway were able to pick up more points in the league instead yesterday, helps towards the competition that has always been our priority....bonjour pr1ck

why switch home advantage

The offer would have been a nice touch wouldn't it and at this level home advantage doesn't really count for anything, it's not like surrendering the invaluable backing of the Stretford End, Kop, Shed or Gwladys Street End is it.

why switch home advantage

The offer would have been a nice touch wouldn't it and at this level home advantage doesn't really count for anything, it's not like surrendering the invaluable backing of the Stretford End, Kop, Shed or Gwladys Street End is it.

You muppett Rhodes, if a club plays on a wide pitch that is also flat, then give up home advantage to a pitch that is narrow and represents a plough field how can that not be giving up advantage.....then again not having a club what would you know.

Ref Off Ref - Well I wouldn't mind betting that Chalfont Wasps pitch at 'The Nest' is a far better playing surface than Aston Clinton's. I bet you wish that Padbury could have given up home advantage to Reading YMCA don't you!

Ref Off Ref - Well I wouldn't mind betting that Chalfont Wasps pitch at 'The Nest' is a far better playing surface than Aston Clinton's. I bet you wish that Padbury could have given up home advantage to Reading YMCA don't you!

Shall I say yes Rhodes just to make you feel better.....well?

Every time I bring up the subject of that infamous Padbury v Reading YMCA game you go into your shell don't you, the defeat hit you as hard as Henry Cooper hit Casius Clay at Wembley Stadium in 1963 didn't it

Think you'll find I've answered it a lot better than some of the questions I've asked you in the past....like the ones you just totally ignore.

Anyway gutted at the time, moved on...3 points Saturday....anymore Rhodes?

I see that Padbury United's conquerers, Reading YMCA, got beaten yesterday:

Quarter Finals

2 3 Aston Clinton v Chalfont Wasps

6 2 Wootton & Dry Sandford United v AFC Spartans

3 1 Didcot Casuals v Reading YMCA

1 3 Woodley Town v Highmoor/Ibis

Semi Finals (26 February)

Didcot Casuals v Highmoor/Ibis

Chalfont Wasps v Wootton & Dry Sandford United

Ref Off Ref - I'm talking about in this competition, Padbury would have enjoyed an interesting trip to the delights of Didcot yesterday and a new ground for you

I think you would find it isn't any better but then it doesn't really matter now.

Ref Off Ref - What difference does it make when the game was

Ref Off Ref - What difference does it make when the game was

remember that, if mitoo make an unexpected error in the future.................twat coffee%20(2).gif

I seem to remember someone on here (Rhodes) who digs out the guys that update mitoo if the slightest fixture or date is wrong!