Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last night's meeting

chels - WEFC

It isn't bailing out Peter, its bailing out our club.

(BTW, 500 against VTFC???)

Indeed 530 or something I think it was, last game and they all saw us win the league. So where are they now? Clearly it is an inflated figure as it was a big game but surely at least 400 were Windsor fans?

And well said, we are not bailing Peter out we are trying to keep the club going because has put his heart and soul into the club and has no more left to give.

Lets pull together and get through this first stage and I think we will be okay, just got to get this initial bit sorted. Anyone who thinks giving a little bit won't help, it will. If everyone gives a little it will combine to make a lot. If we all think our little won't help,we will have nothing and fail.

I don't know the infinite details of your plight but from the outside looking in it looks like to get promotion and to stay in your current division you've been spending more than you can afford.

Who's fault is that if not Peter Simpson's?.

As has been rightly commented by Matt and other Slough fans it is better to play at a lower level and then work on coming back up, than continue to live beond your means and go bust.

Windsor fans have continued to bury their heads in the sand and and hope someone else will bail them out.

I raised the possibility of setting up a Windsor Supporters Trust to you 6 months ago, and if you had done it at that time it would have given you a chance to put together a fighting fund, and that would have given you as fans a formal place round the negotiating table with cash to pay off this debt. However you sat on your hands and now you have Simpson and Stott bickering about who should take control, when it could have been the Trust taking control.

Even if you go bust and start up again as an AFC you will still need some structure to do that with - i.e. a Trust.

I can totaly understand Woody's frustration as he is one of the few who could see this coming and he warned you of it, but you ignored him!

Woody you are welcome at Slough any time as you understand that non-leauge football is about the fans and not the ego's of Simpson, Stott and Deaner.

Edited by Staines Rebel

Great to see all the passion pouring out about the club, and the very positive views about helping to save the club. Keep it coming!

I believe Kevin will be at the game today against Stourbridge, so maybe a chance for he and Peter to chat positively and try to clear whatever air may exist between them.

Some of the press stuff was helpful and supportive, whilst the Observer patently saw a headline and, in Brut-ish form, "splashed it all over". These days the media go for sensationalism too much. All forgotten a few days later. Let it go and let's stick together and keep moving on. We could expend too much energy and thought processes worrying about what the press say. We don't want that to distract us from the task. Maybe a few letters to the Editor rebuking them for such a negative attitude might be useful ?

There are lots of things going on in the background to keep this fight moving towards a resolution. Meetings can take time to arrange as those involved have other work priorities to juggle too. There will be another open meeting this coming week (either Wednesday or Thursday evening - to be confirmed by Monday evening). Chris Burke is working very hard to bring Peter and Kevin to the same table and resolve the 'who is going to pay what' issue which appears to be the main stumbling block. Patently, it's not always possible to keep filing reports or updating forums, but we all need to understand that those who can help are doing so.

Ian Lucas will bring the spare Pledge forms to the ground today. (Sorry Mal : should have thought about giving you one - a pledge form, that is - for the website). Although it would be ideal to get them in today, I'm sure any late ones will still be accepted.

Quick analogy : This is a bit like navigating a liner through the Panama Canal - it's tight and frustratingly slow all the way and the major locks add further delays. In the end, though, the liner emerges into another ocean. Those on board marvel at how the captain steered it through, whilst they continued to enjoy all the on-board sports. Is this us at the moment one wonders..........? And, before anyone thinks Titantic - DONT ll!!

To the Slough punter who keeps yapping on about Supporters Trust...you are not the only person in the world who's thought about a Supporters Trust. The Supporters Club is well aware of the mechanics of a Trust. I'll not go into detail (coz you are a tit), but everything a Trust is designed to do has been thought of by the SC.

To simplify the current predicament.

If you can afford to pledge money, do so (be prepared to pay that money when and if asked for it).

If you can afford to donate money now, do so. (hand to Sir Peter).

If you cannot afford to do either, do what you can. Come to a game, bring a friend. Come to an organised event, bring a friend.

You are a fool if you think Sir Peter has been sitting in the Boardroom smoking roll up's using £50 notes whilst we've all been thinking "this is going well"....with our heads in the sand.

Slough Punter, knob head or whatever your name is, if WEFC goes under, it'll go under. But not for lack of effort on Supporters or Officials part.

Watch this space, better than that watch Mudgey and his team down at Stag Meadow!

So the SC has it all in hand, the legal entity of a tust has been set up, and all your debts will be cleared by the 10th November, and the supporters will take control of the club, well you will all be alright then.

You can call me what you like, but Slough have been there, I have put my money where my mouth was and supported the club, and Slough have come out the other end, - but will you and Windsor?

I could be wrong but I think I read Stott may have funded the track from his own personal finances……??

Simpson and Stott’s personal differences, as I understand - are just that - personal and should not impact the future of the club. Simpson should put aside whatever issues he has with Stott, if this is the case, or inevitably, this will be hugely detrimental to the future of the club.

Stott has turned up to meetings and Peter has refused to deal with him. Stott is interested in saving the club and that should be the priority. Whilst the financial support and commitment of the fans to ensure the club stays as the great club it once was and will be again, is invaluable, it’s important to remember that there is a historic debt which can only be accounted for by Peter. This is a problem which not only needs to be tackled face on, but with a structure and plan in place to ensure that the income generated, is enough to prevent this happening again. I say this with the greatest of respect to both Simpson and Stott, we get behind them both and support and thank both of them and also strongly support Stott for his commitment to saving the club and his vision for the future of the club.

Afterall, it’s the future of the club that matters now!

Seems to me from reading the Observer Simpson and Stott need to put personal differences aside if they really care the club and then Peter needs to explain what on earth went wrong, unless he did at the meeting?, Stott claims that Windsor are STILL paying £2500k a week in playing budget!!! Why would any sound businessman bail the club out with such huge debts?

Lets not forget Stott is the brains behind the running track by the dugouts..how much did that cost?! And yellow submarine sank aswell.

I'll see you at AFC Windsor and Eton where Mudge can work with a real Hellenic league budget!