Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It’s nearly time to have our say

Bluetoffee

This is the week we can make a difference with a non-supporting Council.

Moores has been in the firing line because he COULD choose to be explicitly supportive, even if he has a job to do, in which case I’m sure he’d be almost popular. (I did say almost!) He chooses not to do so.

But he’s also in the firing line because he chooses to spout off about stuff on his blog(s). Interestingly, he does have a few blogs and they seem to be managed by a number of people, or one person with a pseudonym perhaps, but I guess we’d both agree that’s OK!

Even up to the time we vote we can still ask candidates of all parties how supportive they are of the club’s development plans – plans that would enhance community facilities without a penny of public money being spent. The council could end up in court over this and that could COST the council money – money raised form local taxes and that won’t go into public services!

Time for a change, me thinks!

Almost makes me want to vote Yes in the AV vote too.

As much as we all want to see a change & see some justice done I doubt even our efforts will do that. We have to keep wishing though that people out there not only vote against this tory party on our behalfs but vote against them for other reasons.We live in hope of a change. DO NOT VOTE TORY!!

Some questions for Wellsie /the club to answer (if he/they can )

What is happening now with the ground ?

Whats our next move?

Are negotiations still ongoing between the club & the council & if so when are we to expect some news (either way) on all of this?

What are the council proposing to do (if anything) to either kill off this project altogether or to help us come to a satisfactiory conclusion?

Has another meeting between the club & the council been arranged?

Are the club giving the council a set date to reply to the recent statement made before they press on with any further action against the council?

Are the developers & contractors at this time still on board & how much longer (if they are) are they willing to hang on for?

A few answers,if possible ,would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Cookie

This is the week we can make a difference with a non-supporting Council.

Moores has been in the firing line because he COULD choose to be explicitly supportive, even if he has a job to do, in which case I’m sure he’d be almost popular. (I did say almost!) He chooses not to do so.

But he’s also in the firing line because he chooses to spout off about stuff on his blog(s). Interestingly, he does have a few blogs and they seem to be managed by a number of people, or one person with a pseudonym perhaps, but I guess we’d both agree that’s OK!

Even up to the time we vote we can still ask candidates of all parties how supportive they are of the club’s development plans – plans that would enhance community facilities without a penny of public money being spent. The council could end up in court over this and that could COST the council money – money raised form local taxes and that won’t go into public services!

Time for a change, me thinks!

Almost makes me want to vote Yes in the AV vote

too.

Two hopes on that Im afraid and one of them used to play golf :)

Hi Cookie,

As you know, the club made some correspondence publicly available via the website and to the press – an action supported by Dr Moores, incidentally - which made clear the option for the developer / club to seek costs from the Council and to refer this matter to the ombudsman for his consideration, should the authority continue to not allow the revised drawings for a smaller hotel as an amendment.

Other options are being explored, but these remain subject to commercial confidentiality. Do remember that we do have full planning permission for the pre-amendment plans.

Given the local authority has been building up to this week’s elections, we are in a situation were government – local or national – tends to slow down some what for both political and logistical reasons.

Of course, whatever the outcome of this week’s poll, the developer / club still needs to work with the Council to bring the project to fruition and we do know that there is support for a project that brings jobs, investment, community facilities to the town at no cost to the tax payer, within Council.

I appreciate that there is little here in the way of answers to your specific questions Cookie. The situation does add weight to the old adage; patience is a virtue; although a prerequisite for supporting Margate FC!

Edited by Wellsie

Well you know about my eternal optimism after Saturday97.gif

My self control needs working on (as you may well know now too) :97:

As for my patience...well... thats another thing altogether! Lord knows how many times I have lost that.

Edited by Cookie

As Moores has pointed out recently Thanet Council is run by the unelected officials (the ones that he is answerable to.....not the electorate) so as they are not standing for re-election the council departments should be running at normal capacity at this time

Apparently, local blogger Michael Childs has fallen foul of Simon Moores’s own censorship on his blog (http://birchington.blogspot.com). Michael (I don’t know him by the way) had commented on Moores’s blog and he refused to approve it. Anyway the really interesting observation that Michael makes is about public consultation on leasing council assets - a pet topic of the good doctor as we already know.

According to Michael “in Ramsgate there are several large council owned assets in prominent positions and some of them have been effected by this rule, Pleasurama where the council granted a 200 year lease to the developer without any consultation”

Whether the timing was significant – the arrangements on leases were changed - I don’t know but there seem to be examples of where the council what it to happen it will.

Here’s the link to the Michael’s blog http://thanetonline....ores-moves.html.

I wonder if the councillor’s grip on power is going the same way as one of his in-flight banners?

Edited by Bluetoffee

Would 'nt it be good to have a Margate council again, do away with councillors pay give them some expenses, and a seat on the MFC board, and another thought how about electing people who are from Margate born and bred without any political leanings one way or the other. Then again it would be nice to have some rain.

Hey, Moores has made me laugh! His accusations that the political opposition to the Tories are "economical with the truth" and that the creation of Labour's local election materials involved "controlled substances" seem to me to be equally applicable to his side! And he's not very complimentary about the national coalition partners. Locally, he doesn't NEED to be nice to the Lib Dems I suppose, so why bother!

The good doctor also expects "May 5th will be marked by a great deal of apathy." Here's hoping it's the apatheic Tory vote that crashes and we have some new councillors elected.

Edited by Bluetoffee

Sorry Blue toffee dont know who you are and your profile certainly gives no clues but me thinks that the political infiltration on this forum continues, and you have an agenda you are not making clear. Any response ??????

Agenda, agenda, everywhere an agenda!

Although Michael Child and Simon Moores do have spats frequently on the blog Michael recently admitted that he would vote for him if he represented the ward that Michael lived in, funny ol' world isn't it...

Spoke to a few candidates over the last week across the isle and to be honest most of them didn't seem to think that MFC was an issue, they believe that cuts in funding and shutting of services are much bigger isues, and I agree with them. Not everyone thinks developing the ground and building a hotel are headline grabbing causes to rally the electorate around.

Tomorrow is almost upon us, my vote went in the post box days ago so the time to sit back and await the results for me has already arrived. Good luck to everyone, even Simon Moores.

Although Michael Child and Simon Moores do have spats frequently on the blog Michael recently admitted that he would vote for him if he represented the ward that Michael lived in, funny ol' world isn't it...

Spoke to a few candidates over the last week across the isle and to be honest most of them didn't seem to think that MFC was an issue, they believe that cuts in funding and shutting of services are much bigger isues, and I agree with them. Not everyone thinks developing the ground and building a hotel are headline grabbing causes to rally the electorate around.

Tomorrow is almost upon us, my vote went in the post box days ago so the time to sit back and await the results for me has already arrived. Good luck to everyone, even Simon Moores.

I can guarantee at least twenty of my friends and family (maj postal votes) wont be voting Cons this time round for the reasons stated above cos we believe in this issue - if we didnt what would be the point in posting in this thread and the only reason I can think of is negative. Bring on a new set of Lying/stealing Bar stewards to take over and rape the "electorate" - they are all bent which ever party gets in :flame:

Giving MFC the ok to build amenment is a simple easy to do action, the other issues are more influenced at a higher level and will take a lot longer. You cannot say having the turnip centre, dreamland and a new stadium will not help in the "giving life back toThanet" pitch!!!!

To 'On The Side Lines' I say that why did 5,000 people sign a petition for the Development if is not a big issue. And on his other subject about vote for Labour and we will get the Development through well we are getting nowhere with this administration and they have nailed their colours to the mask concerning the project so what have we got to lose.

First off I'm not Simon Moores, he makes it quite clear who he is on any blog/forum that I've ever seen him post, secondly I'm definately not his boyfriend as I find his colour Blue clashes terribly with my Red. As usual Mark you seem eager to snipe and post negative comments about people that you don't agree with, it makes it easy for me to label you and everything you write as "a waste of my time" so henceforth unless you can construct a proper reasonable post I'll just see you avatar and skip over its contents.

No one here by all accounts seems to grasp how planning applications are handled within the legal framework that they must adhere to so it could be argued that you can't say how "easy" it is to allow the development. Also getting 5000 people to sign a petition saying they want the development also isn't difficult, I'm pretty sure that the majority of those signatures are from people who attend the matches and also have some vested interest in the club developing the ground. I wonder how many I could get to sign one if it read "Sign the petition to stop TDC giving away our ever decreasing public green spaces to private companies".

Like I said in another post I'm happy to see MFC get what they want as long as it is within the law and it doesn't affect the use of the land by people who have no interest in Margate Football Club.

MFC and the developers can use the law to push for reviews, they can go to the ombudsman they can go talk to KCC and even to national government if they feel slighted by TDC, have they? if not why not?

First off I'm not Simon Moores, he makes it quite clear who he is on any blog/forum that I've ever seen him post, secondly I'm definately not his boyfriend as I find his colour Blue clashes terribly with my Red. As usual Mark you seem eager to snipe and post negative comments about people that you don't agree with, it makes it easy for me to label you and everything you write as "a waste of my time" so henceforth unless you can construct a proper reasonable post I'll just see you avatar and skip over its contents.

No one here by all accounts seems to grasp how planning applications are handled within the legal framework that they must adhere to so it could be argued that you can't say how "easy" it is to allow the development. Also getting 5000 people to sign a petition saying they want the development also isn't difficult, I'm pretty sure that the majority of those signatures are from people who attend the matches and also have some vested interest in the club developing the ground. I wonder how many I could get to sign one if it read "Sign the petition to stop TDC giving away our ever decreasing public green spaces to private companies".

Like I said in another post I'm happy to see MFC get what they want as long as it is within the law and it doesn't affect the use of the land by people who have no interest in Margate Football Club.

MFC and the developers can use the law to push for reviews, they can go to the ombudsman they can go talk to KCC and even to national government if they feel slighted by TDC, have they? if not why not?

You do seem quite knowledgable "the sidelines" but one has to ask as to your reasons for being on this forum, would it be reasonable to say that most of your posts have been of a political nature or dare I say contradictable at best. Why then would you perceive MFC as "NOT" being up front and totally legal. Surely if you support the Club then you SUPPORT all that the Club try/attempt to do/achieve if not then your just another TROLL.