Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It’s nearly time to have our say

Bluetoffee

Replying to 'On The Side Lines' concerning why the club is not taking legal action or going to the ombudsman well did the letter from the club's solicitor to the council which was published on the club's web site say that they were taking the date of 12th April as the date for non-determination which I would think there is a time lapse before such action can be taken, may be you can confirm this as I no nothing about planning regulations and you seem to be knowledgable about such things are maybe not. The letter also said that they are considering taking this issue to the ombudsman, so maybe this answers your question.

Now answer the question I have been asking why the council and Cllr Moores if they are true to their words of support for the club, will not say to the planning department WE WANT THIS DEVELOPMENT TO HAPPEN GO AWAY AND FIND A SOLUTION and not hide behind regulation to achieve what they really want and that is for the DEVELOPMENT NOT TO HAPPEN. I am sure the club would work with the council to make this happen.

Oh and by the way if it was that easy to get 5,000 signatures why did the people against the scheme not get them and ask the people who went out to get the signatures how easy it was. We get 400 at home games and we only took signatures at one game and don't forget parents and relatives of the children who have benefited from the use of the Margate FC Learning Zone. These are the people who will lose out.

Replying to 'On The Side Lines' concerning why the club is not taking legal action or going to the ombudsman well did the letter from the club's solicitor to the council which was published on the club's web site say that they were taking the date of 12th April as the date for non-determination which I would think there is a time lapse before such action can be taken, may be you can confirm this as I no nothing about planning regulations and you seem to be knowledgable about such things are maybe not. The letter also said that they are considering taking this issue to the ombudsman, so maybe this answers your question.

Now answer the question I have been asking why the council and Cllr Moores if they are true to their words of support for the club, will not say to the planning department WE WANT THIS DEVELOPMENT TO HAPPEN GO AWAY AND FIND A SOLUTION and not hide behind regulation to achieve what they really want and that is for the DEVELOPMENT NOT TO HAPPEN. I am sure the club would work with the council to make this happen.

Oh and by the way if it was that easy to get 5,000 signatures why did the people against the scheme not get them and ask the people who went out to get the signatures how easy it was. We get 400 at home games and we only took signatures at one game and don't forget parents and relatives of the children who have benefited from the use of the Margate FC Learning Zone. These are the people who will lose out.

All good questions and it seems to indicate that Side Lines doesn't really understand the issues from the club's perspective.

I would have more respect if they were honest and say 'Yes, we gave permission for this a few years ago but now we've changed our minds and really don't want this to happen'. That would be easier to take than all the disingenuous tripe we've heard.

There seems to be a great deal of sexual tension between a couple of our more recent 'friends of MFC' with the spats going back and forth. If only there were more hotel rooms in the area I'd advise they get one.

cheesy%20(2).gif

TDC goes No Overall Control from Tory.

Safe to say, they were out of control, lets hope they don't "buy" the independents

In our ward, one Labour and one Conservative got in which is different!!!

Good to see our friend still got in though! :whistle:

TDC goes No Overall Control from Tory.

Safe to say, they were out of control, lets hope they don't "buy" the independents

You only have to look at who 1 of the 'independent' elected councillors nominated (may be wrong termanology) in his ward to see which way his vote will be going.

I would have more respect if they were honest and say 'Yes, we gave permission for this a few years ago but now we've changed our minds and really don't want this to happen'. That would be easier to take than all the disingenuous tripe we've heard.

From listening to conversations in the back of my Private hire vehicle, between councillors. I have for a long time know been convinced they think its just a game. On one occasion I was left wanting to get hold of the characters and bang their heads together. Its not about favours and what you can get out of a situation, its about doing your best for your electorate. Or am I naive.