Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre Season Friendlies

It appears that Hoddesdon Town played Epping on Tuesday evening at the salubrious Cheshunt Country Club, drawing 2-2:

http://localbusdriver.blogspot.com/

Salubrious... you've never been there have you Rhodes? You should get down there on a Friday night... even you'd pull in there!

Ref Off Ref - I expect your courting days are long gone aren't they and the best you can hope for is being dragged to Tesco's, Sainsbury's or Morrison's in Milton Keynes by the missus

Saturday, 23 July

Buckingham Town v Buckingham Athletic

I see that there is some healthy rivalry building up ahead of this one, which will now take place at Stratford Fields, however the Blog says that the game will be on Thursday 28 July, is that correct:

http://s2.excoboard.com/Buckingham_Town_Fc/36144/2281856

Ath manager has resigned!

I see that Eddie Nix's Assistant has also severed ties with the Club which seems strange as Nix stood down supposedly due to poor health, there's no smoke without fire is there

I see that Eddie Nix's Assistant has also severed ties with the Club which seems strange as Nix stood down supposedly due to poor health, there's no smoke without fire is there

Certainly isn't, just ask Haringey..... icon29.gif

LOL!!!

LOL!!!

Innit? Still.

You over here now Jason?

LOL!!!

Innit? Still.

You over here now Jason?

No, still in the USA. Though, are planning to move back in 2-3 years. I really do miss the homeland!!! Still, it's gonna take time.

Nix was a Bertie big balls and couldn't deliver and ran away leaving some nice people high and dry

Maybe but why did his Assistant leave the Club as presumably he would have been given a shot at the First Team, at least for the pre-season programme

Why presumably? If nix couldn't get players even though in his own words he is "a big name" I doubt a man assisting him could do any better. Had some wars with the Ath over the years hope they come through. I wonder if they may take a year out in which case they could rent the ground to buck town....

I wonder if they may take a year out in which case they could rent the ground to buck town....

That's a bit drastic isn't it, surely not, besides they are not the sort of Club to do a Winslow United and just throw in the towel for a season, there will no doubt be local Managers queuing out of the door at Stratford Fields to join them

I wonder if they may take a year out in which case they could rent the ground to buck town....

That's a bit drastic isn't it, surely not, besides they are not the sort of Club to do a Winslow United and just throw in the towel for a season, there will no doubt be local Managers queuing out of the door at Stratford Fields to join them

Oh wow....that stings. Very clever did you have any help with that? Wait and see then shall we.....

Winslow Boy - Sorry, I couldn't resist that one, anyway Buckingham Athletic have a stiff upper lip mentality, particularly Charles Bassano, and they hardly seem a Club in crisis

For a town like Buckingham had Athletic helped Town in their hour of need then the people of Buckingham could have maybe had a decent team to support instead of 2 mediocre sides....maybe changed the name to Buckingham United.....

For a town like Buckingham had Athletic helped Town in their hour of need then the people of Buckingham could have maybe had a decent team to support instead of 2 mediocre sides....maybe changed the name to Buckingham United.....

there was Buckingham United in existence for one season playing at buck town Div 2 think they won the div 2 cup then folded. Buckingham should have 1 side and could should be Southern League with the size of the town

Tonight at bletchley town who looked very impressive came out 5-2 winners against cranfield...

i agree ricky you look alot better this pre season great effort from wayne bell . he played for me years ago at pbmk and smashed in a 35 yard smash against stony in the berks and bucks semi final great player . leo looked good to. good to see sam playing with a few old padbury players . just a shame about your coaching staff . but good luck . also after speaking with lee cranfield have a strong this season he rested 10 of them to have a look at new players dont think some of them will be getting a recall