Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pledge Allegiance

I

Welcome WPFC No 1. Would Worcester Park be able to go up next season?

It is what we are hoping for. As you are all aware we are not just a football club but an 'athletic club' and the cricket have a big say in what happens. We are trying to convince them that it would be good for everyone concerned if the required changes to the ground (lights, car park, etc) were made to the ground. As well as convincing them, we would also have to find the funds to get the changes made which wouldn't be easy!

I think all the Prem clubs have someone (the only one I queried was Wembley, but we'll put Gussy down for them!).

Div 1 well represented as well. New boys apart, the only ones I can't remember posters for is CB Hounslow (might be wrong on that) and Worcester Park. Don't think we've ever had a Worcester Park poster have we? Odd as they always do well and get discussed a lot on here.

Hi All,

As the name suggests I'm from Worcester Park and have been a player down there for the last 10 years (apart from a season at Molesey when they had their first season in th CCP) . I've played in goal for the reserves whilst I've been there and played a few games for the firsts last season so was able to gain a league winners medal! Bbeing the first WPFC poster on here and hopefully the new no. 1 down there next season, the name has a double meaning!

Pre-season will start 5th July and the boys look forward to the new season and hopefully retaining the title!

HAS the regular keeper called it a day? and welcome.coffee%20%282%29.gif

No he hasn't but I think I showed that I can step in for him so hopefully I will have a good pre-season (I have already started my own pre-season) and give the manager a bit of a headache in who to choose!

Thanks for the welcome. I have been a lurker for a while and then I saw the call for a WPFC member on here so I thought it was time I joined!

He is a top keeper one of the best in the league

Yeah he is which is why I have waited almost 10 years to get in! :angry:

Who didn't like anyone touching him

I wouldn't say that at all. He would take a lot of knocks and bangs from forward leaving an elbow or foot in and wouldn't say anything so not sure where you've got that from?!

I

It is what we are hoping for. As you are all aware we are not just a football club but an 'athletic club' and the cricket have a big say in what happens. We are trying to convince them that it would be good for everyone concerned if the required changes to the ground (lights, car park, etc) were made to the ground. As well as convincing them, we would also have to find the funds to get the changes made which wouldn't be easy!

I think all the Prem clubs have someone (the only one I queried was Wembley, but we'll put Gussy down for them!).

Div 1 well represented as well. New boys apart, the only ones I can't remember posters for is CB Hounslow (might be wrong on that) and Worcester Park. Don't think we've ever had a Worcester Park poster have we? Odd as they always do well and get discussed a lot on here.

Hi All,

As the name suggests I'm from Worcester Park and have been a player down there for the last 10 years (apart from a season at Molesey when they had their first season in th CCP) . I've played in goal for the reserves whilst I've been there and played a few games for the firsts last season so was able to gain a league winners medal! Bbeing the first WPFC poster on here and hopefully the new no. 1 down there next season, the name has a double meaning!

Pre-season will start 5th July and the boys look forward to the new season and hopefully retaining the title!

No he hasn't but I think I showed that I can step in for him so hopefully I will have a good pre-season (I have already started my own pre-season) and give the manager a bit of a headache in who to choose!

Thanks for the welcome. I have been a lurker for a while and then I saw the call for a WPFC member on here so I thought it was time I joined!

I wouldn't say that at all. He would take a lot of knocks and bangs from forward leaving an elbow or foot in and wouldn't say anything so not sure where you've got that from?!

He's a very, very clever goalkeeper. Must be great learning from one of the best in the league.

I

Hi All,

Just from what I have seen of him. Don't disagree he is a very good goalkeeper but if he didn't like the way someone jumped at him at a corner I have seen him square up to them.

Thanks have been a member of the site since 2009.

Im always on here reading the posts but as you can see have hardly ever posted.

I was assistant manager of Mole Valley's 1st team last season.

I am Justin brother of the 1st team manager Darren.

I will try and put more input on the forum from now on as its exciting times for the club.

The 1st Team holding their own in the Prem last season.

The Reserves getting accepted in to the Suburban South.

The club have now set up a Youth base in Sutton and will be running 9 teams aged from under 9s to under 17s.

I know some of the other clubs in the CCL dont approve of teams that groundshare and trust me when I say we are very grateful to Cobham FC for stepping in and letting us share with them while we still continue to try and speak to the Sutton council on a weekly basis to get our own Adult ground back in the Sutton area.

We are very much a family club with little money (all of which goes back into paying for costs and fee's ect) and are proud the be a part of the CCL.

Im happy to answer any points that come up in respect of the club in the future and will be signing up as a Gold Member very soon.

Thanks

Justin

Thanks have been a member of the site since 2009.

Im always on here reading the posts but as you can see have hardly ever posted.

I was assistant manager of Mole Valley's 1st team last season.

I am Justin brother of the 1st team manager Darren.

I will try and put more input on the forum from now on as its exciting times for the club.

The 1st Team holding their own in the Prem last season.

The Reserves getting accepted in to the Suburban South.

The club have now set up a Youth base in Sutton and will be running 9 teams aged from under 9s to under 17s.

I know some of the other clubs in the CCL dont approve of teams that groundshare and trust me when I say we are very grateful to Cobham FC for stepping in and letting us share with them while we still continue to try and speak to the Sutton council on a weekly basis to get our own Adult ground back in the Sutton area.

We are very much a family club with little money (all of which goes back into paying for costs and fee's ect) and are proud the be a part of the CCL.

Im happy to answer any points that come up in respect of the club in the future and will be signing up as a Gold Member very soon.

Thanks

Justin

Hey Justin, have you guys tried the Sutton Arena for a ground? I know a few wouldn't like it as its an athletic ground but there is games on there when they are off everywhere else. Floodlit, large car park, good facilities and a gym to boot. You should be able to train outside the ground too.

I didn't realise you guys are Sutton based.

Hi Young Veteran,

We already looked in to the use of Sutton Arena which would have been perfect for us to be our new home but because its a Grade A athletics Stadium we would not have access to the football pitch for the 1st and last month of the football season.

So unfortunately we cant use it.

In terms of us being a Sutton based club my dad the chairman of the club started the club just over 30 years ago and we was only a sunday football side.

The SCR part of the name stands for Sutton Common Rovers and we used to play in a park on Sutton Common Road and at Rosehill for a while just as a Sunday football team.

We decided about 6 seasons ago to have a crack at Saturday football and our success on the pitch came alot quicker than we ever thought it would and soon needed a ground that met standards ( post and rail, floodlights and club house ect).

Sutton council at the time had no way to support our need for new facilities so we looked around for a ground and thats when we got River Lane in Leatherhead.

I wont go into what happened with that ground as it still angers me even now but lets just say we done allot of work on that ground in a short space of time to make it good enough for the CCL prem and we ended up being left high and dry and had to leave the ground due to the local council and the club that now use it as a youth/reserve base didnt help us in any way.

Anyway thats in the past, that also explains our change of name from Sutton Common Rovers FC to Mole Valley SCR FC because our name had to reflect the area we was playing at, at that level and the SCR part of the club is the history of why we exist today.

I hope that answers your question.

The ground hunt continues :)

Edited by frustin

Hi Young Veteran,

We already looked in to the use of Sutton Arena which would have been perfect for us to be our new home but because its a Grade A athletics Stadium we would not have access to the football pitch for the 1st and last month of the football season.

In terms of us being a Sutton based club my dad the chairman of the club started the club just over 30 years ago and we was only a sunday football side.

The SCR part of the name stands for Sutton Common Rovers and we used to play in a park on Sutton Common Road and at Rosehill for a while just as a Sunday football team.

We decided about 6 seasons ago to have a crack at Saturday football and our success on the pitch came alot quicker than we ever thought it would and soon needed a ground that met standards ( post and rail, floodlights and club house ect).

Sutton council at the time had no way to support our need for new facilities so we looked around for a ground and thats when we got River Lane in Leatherhead.

I wont go into what happened with that ground as it still angers me even now but lets just say we done allot of work on that ground in a short space of time to make it good enough for the CCL prem and we ended up being left high and dry and had to leave the ground due to the local council and the club that now use it as a youth/reserve base didnt help us in any way.

Anyway thats in the past, that also explains our change of name from Sutton Common Rovers FC to Mole Valley SCR FC because our name had to reflect the area we was playing at, at that level and the SCR part of the club is the history of why we exist today.

Certainly answered my question and much more, thanks frustin. Good luck with the ground hunt. Have you tried Paulter Park in Sutton. Just round the back if Tooting & Mitcham FC. They have floodlights up for the rugby and plenty of room to get some footy pitches in.

Yeah, I did think Leatherhead were quite naughty at the time. Saying that I think the guy that did it is no longer with them.

will you return to just Sutton Common Rovers if you manage to get a ground back there?

Yes as soon as we manage to return back to the sutton area our intention is to change our name back to Sutton Common Rovers FC

Hi Young Veteran,

Certainly answered my question and much more, thanks frustin. Good luck with the ground hunt. Have you tried Paulter Park in Sutton. Just round the back if Tooting & Mitcham FC. They have floodlights up for the rugby and plenty of room to get some footy pitches in.

I do know of the ground you mentioned but it is very rugby focused but I will ask a few questions and see if there is any chance of something there. Thanks

Yeah, I did think Leatherhead were quite naughty at the time. Saying that I think the guy that did it is no longer with them.

Well they now have 2 bases to run Leatherhead FC from and it was nearly at the expense of loosing another local rival team to them. (Thanks again to Cobham FC for saving us from having to quit the league)

To me It is a total waste of River Lane and after the work we put in and the stands we built, and turnstyle ect it was good enough to pass for the CCL Prem.

Lets just say Leatherhead have left a very bitter taste in our mouths.

As far as I was aware the un named person you speak of is still with them but his intention of getting in bed with Leatherhead FC and working his way up through their teams hasnt happened and he would have been in a much better possition with us.

Nevermind you live and learn :)

Prem (any order) Guildford City, Windsor and Camberley

Div 1 (any order) Guernsey, Worcester Park and Eversley

Prem (any order) Guildford City, Windsor and Camberley

Div 1 (any order) Guernsey, Worcester Park and Eversley

You not pledging allegiance to Sheerwater YV? ;) dance%20%282%29.gif

I am Bommie and we will work hard this season but think the top three will be a tough place to get to for many sides. We have our targets set and will work towards them.