Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fair question.

Krooner

Very well put, if thats what happened. shame on COVE commitee. dare say that they will remove thread, before there is any real substance.

COVE committee are Cowards. They are too ashamed to tell a man he sacked to his face but stabbed him in the back whilst on holiday !!! .......... thats disrespectful especially after all he has done for the club both in season and in close season painting etc., . All Duncs is asking why he and Simon were sacked but they haven't the gall to tell them !

SHOCKING BEHAVIOUR. from a group of cowards. thats not to say they were not right or wrong. but there are ways to go about things and this was the SNIDE way. this is by no way DT10 fault or buisness, but remember if they have done this once.

on the plus side, at least DUNCS and NG AGREE on something.

Knowing both Duncs and Simon as I do and not having replied to any of the other issues in regards to this, I thought it was about time I did.

Having spent the last couple of years at Cove I know both Simon and Duncs were very committed to the club, however after last season Cove lost both a very good manager and also an inspirational captain, along with a number of other good players. Duncs and Simon were asked to take up the position of manager and assistant with hardly any players from last seasons squad, and also as I'm lead to believe a small budget. They did they best and that's all anyone can ask from both of them, in fact as I've been informed they only had 12 players for one match. I don't want to slag anyone off but and this is a big but, someone on the committee should sit down with the two of them and give them the reason why they were both sacked.

I really dont understand why clubs dont do things the right way. If a manager walked out for another club and didn't bother telling his club or sent a text the club would go mad and the manager would get slated. However it seems to be acceptable the other way around.I genuinlly think clubs dont understand how hard a manager/coach works and how much it means to them. In most cases they do it for nothing ! The new manager then comes in and gets all the backing and praise but how long before he is treated the same ? We all know that losing a job in football is inevitable but there is a way to do it. Face to face and honesty. Dont know why thats so difficult. Feel sorry for Duncs as i know exactly how he feels but i am sure he will bounce back. Good luck to DT as well.

SHOCKING BEHAVIOUR. from a group of cowards. thats not to say they were not right or wrong. but there are ways to go about things and this was the SNIDE way. this is by no way DT10 fault or buisness, but remember if they have done this once.

TF it's not really a case of me and Duncs agreeing, its down to be respectful to two guys who no doubt did their jobs for nothing and for their CLUB. Yossa is right, there is a protocol on how sackings should be done and that's one-to-one not by phone, text, e-mail that's a cowards way out simoply 'cos they do not want to hear what the sacked manager may have to say in his DEFENCE, if they can be bothered that is. Clubs will have more respect from potential managers if things are done in the correct manner. Now because of Cove's actions, you will read such comments as...''done it once .... DT beware !'' etc., etc.,

By the way DT this is in no way derogatory towards your goodself. The job became available, you applied, you were accepted.

You've done well winning your first 2 games...............Good Luck for the future.

I posted some while ago what's happening at Cove and got slated for my comments asking whats happening at Cove , but now perhaps those personel can have a re-think ..... apologies accepted !

On the Ball as always Nice Guy,do not think I could of put it more eloquently myself.

Smudge, NG, can't you go back to being like Itchy and Scratchy. It's getting all too nice for me.

TF it's not really a case of me and Duncs agreeing, its down to be respectful to two guys who no doubt did their jobs for nothing and for their CLUB. Yossa is right, there is a protocol on how sackings should be done and that's one-to-one not by phone, text, e-mail that's a cowards way out simoply 'cos they do not want to hear what the sacked manager may have to say in his DEFENCE, if they can be bothered that is. Clubs will have more respect from potential managers if things are done in the correct manner. Now because of Cove's actions, you will read such comments as...''done it once .... DT beware !'' etc., etc.,

By the way DT this is in no way derogatory towards your goodself. The job became available, you applied, you were accepted.

You've done well winning your first 2 games...............Good Luck for the future.

I posted some while ago what's happening at Cove and got slated for my comments asking whats happening at Cove , but now perhaps those personel can have a re-think ..... apologies accepted !

NG, you make it sound like you are the CCL know-it-all and that anything rumour wise you say seems to come true.

The fact is that you took a wild guess at the possibility there were problems at Cove and are now suggesting you knew it was all happening.

It doesnt take a brain scientist to assume that when a club punches way above its weight for so long, and with a manager and players with high expectation levels, that soon enough things are bound to change for the worse.

Koo and Duncs took Cove as far as they could, which is why the more senior players and manager ended up moving on.

It could easily have gone the opposite way if one or two things had happened that didnt (which i wont say on here).

Cove may even have been contenders for a top 3 place. Thats just how close it was. In the end, it went the way it did and now Cove are rebuilding with new players, a new management team and a fresh outlook.

Koo and Duncs were at Cove for 4 seasons and in that time Cove finished 4th, 6th, 12th and 9th. Three cup finals and 2 trophies.

Thats a pretty decent record at any level.

And yes, the way the sacking happened was not right but as I am friends with the people at Cove. I wont comment any more on it.

NG, you make it sound like you are the CCL know-it-all and that anything rumour wise you say seems to come true.

The fact is that you took a wild guess at the possibility there were problems at Cove and are now suggesting you knew it was all happening.

It doesnt take a brain scientist to assume that when a club punches way above its weight for so long, and with a manager and players with high expectation levels, that soon enough things are bound to change for the worse.

Koo and Duncs took Cove as far as they could, which is why the more senior players and manager ended up moving on.

It could easily have gone the opposite way if one or two things had happened that didnt (which i wont say on here).

Cove may even have been contenders for a top 3 place. Thats just how close it was. In the end, it went the way it did and now Cove are rebuilding with new players, a new management team and a fresh outlook.

Koo and Duncs were at Cove for 4 seasons and in that time Cove finished 4th, 6th, 12th and 9th. Three cup finals and 2 trophies.

And yes, the way the sacking happened was not right but as I am friends with the people at Cove.

I wont comment any more on it.

Whatever you think JJ you are the messiah CCL poster......... or now the Southern League poster.... bye !

Don't jibe me JJ, I knew what was happening just wanted to hear it come out and why all the silence.

Won't say ? What the person who promised so much didn't materialise........lol ?

Good !

it was a mixture of many things! and how could you possibly know what was going on at Cove before any of it came out. You were only feeding off scraps of info that was plain to see on here. Anyone could have made the same assumptions you did. Thankfully, most on here would prefer not to speculate and claim they know it all.

And yes, the way the sacking happened was not right but as I am friends with the people at Cove. I wont comment any more on it.

JJ so because they are your friends, that makes it ok. come on take the tinted glasses off. it would be better to say nothing, than to try to justify things with friendship. your getting NG and his comments, mixed up. with a serious lack of respect for 2 people, that have worked for little or no reward for a club. even you must think they deserve a little more respect.

And nothing is ever black and white Jeff. I've learnt this evening that efforts were made by the chairman to speak to Duncs when Duncs came back from holiday. Duncs was told by text from Simon while Duncs was away. Simon was informed that him and Duncs were no longer

required.

And my friends and relationships with the people of cove come before any bollox on here!

And nothing is ever black and white Jeff. I've learnt this evening that efforts were made by the chairman to speak to Duncs when Duncs came back from holiday. Duncs was told by text from Simon while Duncs was away. Simon was informed that him and Duncs were no longer

required.

And my friends and relationships with the people of cove come before any bollox on here!

SO can we assume that you had no real friendship with duncs and simon. as you seem to want to stand square, with the people of cove. football is a small world and you never know when paths cross. i saw duncs at the feltham friendly and he not koo, was trying to drive on a poor squad, wonder who knew they would not be at the club long that day. i have had a few cross words with duncs so im not a friend, and i think you have demonstrated, your a friend he could do without.