Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Progression

YHWhitby

Watching Steve Morrison playing for Norwich got me thinking. Having seen him tear Woking apart for Stevenage and then make his way to the Premier League and national teams it got me wondering if anyone has come through the CCL and made the football league or maybe even higher!

Surely someone must have come through and made the football league.

Not sure any player has whitby , but I have gone from ccl with Staines lammas to the premiership with Chelsea before dropping to the championship with Qpr and now back where I belong in the prem with the rsssss ,

And also in the btk league with Bedfont

Hope this counts :) ,

yeah but selling pies outside the ground doesn't count mate :D

Jermaine McGlashan played for Raynes Park Vale in the CCL. I then took him to Merstham where he was on fire then he went to Ashford Middx then on to Aldershot in League 2 where he now plays regularly after signing a 2 year contract extension just after Xmas.

JJ had a great attitude which has got him to where he is now. I would say that Dan Bennett (talked about in another thread) has just as much ability and I hope he progresses as he's a smashing lad

Played with Jermaine at staines, great lad and player. Also played with Robin Shroot at staines who went to Harrow and then signed for Birmingham. Made his debut against Wolves in the Fa Cup, believe he's now with stevenage!

The problem with Bennett is that he doesn't know anyone in football.... If he was given a chance or knew somebody in football he would take it most definently. He could hold his own in league 2 easily for me.

Trs I really enjoyed my Dorking time had a great season there.... Bennett is different gear, he has the ability to do things with his feet I've never seen. Hopefully one game their will be a scout who can snap him up, even at 23 hes still got time!

I remember the first game of that season, home to Frimley. Couldn't believe Bennett doing his Cristiano Ronaldo tricks on the Meadowbank billiard table ;) Also, didn't you score in 13 consecutive games or something like?

Edited by TRS

Man u gt a good memory.... The good days!!! Not that I'm trying to sell him but does anybody know of anyone who could grt him at least looked at?

Is Dan on contract Pagey ? If not and all this talk, Spencer should put him on one and then unlike Maidstone with Chris Smalling they could get a fee. Yes CS is one in a million but its proof it can happen. CS even an international now ! And all in 2 years from Ryman !

Totally agree with pagey on Bennett. Great skills and will certainly go far. Never really noticed him much last season but is a class act. Just hope we're able to keep him.

I have also seen Bennett on numerous occasions. You hit the nail on the head JJ you never really noticed him much last season. Whilst the lad has lots of skill he flatters to decieve, its not all about skill and tricks ..... if Bennett was that good scouts would have made an effort to nab him long ago but it appears they have not and at 23 it maybe too late I'm sorry to say, but you never know........... One has to ask, why hasn't a Ryman/Southern League Premier or Conference club come in for him ?

I'm not too sure what league Ashford town were in when Ricky Wellard and Brett Johnson started playing but I know there now playing football league with AFC Wimbledon!

Ashford had left the CCL by the time Johnson and Wellard broke into the first team, but Dannie Bulman went from the CCL straight to the Football League in 1998 when he transferred from Ashford to Wycombe Wanderers. He is currently playing in the League for Crawley Town and is probably the last (only?) player to make the jump directly from the CCL to the League - most others have had an intermediate step.

I'm not too sure what league Ashford town were in when Ricky Wellard and Brett Johnson started playing but I know there now playing football league with AFC Wimbledon!

Is that Brett Johnson the CB? Used to play for Sunbury Celtic as a kid? He used to be in my rep team.

Another Afc player, Christian Jolley started out with me as a young teenager at Warlingham. He had a few seasons playing just sunday football after that before finding his way to K's and then Afc, truly lovely lad and deserves all the success he gets.