Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley

Geggy

Just want to post and say a well done to everyone involved in getting the floodlights fixed they lasted tonight no problems. People should underestimate the number of hours that have gone in to fixing the problem. Congratulations and thank you! On to the game a very hard fought and important victory. Camberley are a decent outfit and hopefully we can now take that confidence into Saturday's big game at Guildford.

There's a word missing from that post!!

Indeed, well done one and all involved in sorting it out. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season now.

Bit of a patchy performance again last night but 3 points well-earned in the end. Obviously the sending off was very much a key moment but we'll take that.

Another very solid performace from Joe Chandiram, took his goal well and, as Fraser said, like the floodlights, never stopped running all night.

Oh and Mole Valley >>>> Camberley.

Just wanted to mention a couple of things.

Congratulations Windsor on the result last night

I do have a couple of issues.

1. After starting our post match warm down as normal, we were told that the floodlights would be turned off.

I asked if it was possible to have them left on for a further 2 mins to complete the warm down.

The man did not respond, but walked off and turned them off straight away....surely an extra 2 mins wouldnt have cost that much more.

2. after a hard wet game with only 10 men (not going to get into the ref on here) i thought we at least deserved a shower....unfortunately the water was freezing, i asked a number of Windsor officials if they could help us out, but i was not offered any help!

I have a lot of respect for Windsor having played there some 10 years ago so this is not a dig as i can appreciate reforming a football club must be difficult.

Good luck

Just wanted to mention a couple of things.

Congratulations Windsor on the result last night

I do have a couple of issues.

1. After starting our post match warm down as normal, we were told that the floodlights would be turned off.

I asked if it was possible to have them left on for a further 2 mins to complete the warm down.

The man did not respond, but walked off and turned them off straight away....surely an extra 2 mins wouldnt have cost that much more.

2. after a hard wet game with only 10 men (not going to get into the ref on here) i thought we at least deserved a shower....unfortunately the water was freezing, i asked a number of Windsor officials if they could help us out, but i was not offered any help!

I have a lot of respect for Windsor having played there some 10 years ago so this is not a dig as i can appreciate reforming a football club must be difficult.

Good luck

Webby2, your comments are appreciated as the only way we can improve is to know where we are going wrong.

1. The lights were turned off quite quickly due to recent issues with them failing. It has nothing to do with cost, only using them for as long as is necessary in order to prevent further failures. I can't comment as to why the guy who turned them off didn't respond.

2. The showers are the one thing that have worked without fail this season so not sure what happened there. As for being offered no help, that is very unusual.

big turning point was the red card for certain. couldn't entirely see what happened from where i was but the tackle was certainly late and definitely wreckless so id have to assume the referee got it right.

up until that point i thought it was fairly equal, they has chances, as did we but neither side seemed to have the cutting edge.

second half quick goals killed it, although i was surprised that we sat back for periods and seemed to invite camberly to come at us. it did create more space on the counter attack but it also offered them a way back in to a game that they should never have had.

dappy played very well, probably the best ive seeb him play so far, and joe was superb, took his goal well and looked very composed. yash was really unlucky at the end as well with that effort off the post, an excellent run through.

was surprised to see parso at centre back but that seemed to work for most of the second half, as fergus moores lack of pace was never really exploited. just the result to gloss over saturdays performance and the ideal set up going in to the guildford game.

surely a respected groundsman im assuming he is shouldnt disrespect an opposing team a " sorry lads our floodlights are under repair/dont want to push things as there now working issue, would of been sufficient in an answer !!

surely a respected groundsman im assuming he is shouldnt disrespect an opposing team a " sorry lads our floodlights are under repair/dont want to push things as there now working issue, would of been sufficient in an answer !!

Talking of assuming, who said it was the groundsman who turned the lights off ?

Webby said he asked for a further 2 minutes and it would have taken longer than that for our man to walk off the pitch go to the electric room and turn the lights off so perhaps he really wanted ten minutes !

He also said he asked two people about the showers so I must assume that I was one of them as someone asked me as I was sat in the office trying to get the result through to the various people. Because I was busy I asked someone else to have a look and was told that the boiler had switched off, for what reason I don't know, but it was always going to take a while to warm up again so apologies for that but be assured there was nothing deliberate about it.

Like all clubs we're lucky enough to have volunteers that are prepared to do the little jobs like floodlights etc and our man who does them was probably cold and wet and wanted to get home. He could have just turned them off but he didn't do so without going out on to the pitch and warning the players it was about to happen first and in reality, with the main stand lights still on for some time after the game, any warm down could have taken place on the track immediately in front of the stand where there was sufficient light to do so.

electric room it was a generator last time i take it that has changed then!? i expect the players were cold an wet also but didnt want to get abused by the man who told them that it was lights out just before he then okd the two minutes then bang straight out basically the guy could of said no use the stand light but didnt do this!!

not trying to cause an argument at all i went to the first cambo game an thought everyone was pleasant at your ground

The generator cables go into the electrics room and, via a transformer, connect with the cables that feed the floodlights !

We used to have 500 Hamsters under the stand who, by running in their wheels, provided enough electricity to power the floodlights until we added an extra light bulb in the gents toilets which overloaded the sytem and half the Hamsters spontaneously combusted, which is how we ended up with a generator. Rest assured though the Hamsters' demise was not all in vain as we rebranded them and sold them in the tea hut - have you tried one of the Mayors' Parlour Pies ?

The generator cables go into the electrics room and, via a transformer, connect with the cables that feed the floodlights !

We used to have 500 Hamsters under the stand who, by running in their wheels, provided enough electricity to power the floodlights until we added an extra light bulb in the gents toilets which overloaded the sytem and half the Hamsters spontaneously combusted, which is how we ended up with a generator. Rest assured though the Hamsters' demise was not all in vain as we rebranded them and sold them in the tea hut - have you tried one of the Mayors' Parlour Pies ?

Absolutely brilliant Steve !

Who said you hadn't got a sense of humour ?????

:dark3: