Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Why is Rooney different?

tempestward

Blokes a to$$er as is terry,cole and a number of others.

As far as i am concerned it is an embarrasment that such "men" should represent our country whereas in other sports you have REAL MEN such as Sir Steve Redgrave,Michael Atherton etc etc who have respresented the country without a blot on their CV's

Rooney is constantly in trouble on and off the pitch,he is so far removed from your working man although behaves like he still lives on a council estate in toxteth.

From the minute these idiots move to a top club they have their bottoms wiped for them,no one ever says no to them therefore they take and take and take and behave like they are out on the p1ss in Romford.

Ashley Cole is another idiot who famously "nearly crashed my car when i was insulted with an offer of £65'000 per week" are these idiots for real???

Don't hold back, EU.

Just say what you really want to say !!

:ph34r:

Edited by Big J R

Hi all.

Thanks for the generally supportive comments! I was not aware that Europe think that kicking a man from behind in the name of sport is worthy of a lesser punishment than do the English FA, but then I can't help thinking that they would have appealed even if this heinous offence had attracted only a two match ban. They were trying to get him freed to play in the Euros, regardless of the message this would send out to all involved in football in this country.

Intershminter, I don't hate Rooney, although I knew that someone would think that was the thrust of my argument. He is a great player and a dreadful man with a lousy temper and a horrible attitude (think back to his reaction to being booed at the World Cup).

Krooner – Tempie is fine if you agree with me!

Black Dog – Who are you describing? There is no team I have seen from either division who fit that description. Certainly some sides go near it, but not consistently. I cannot say for instance that we always find playing team x difficult because they cheat. We find some sides harder to beat than others, irrespective of who is wearing the Egham shirt, and today is a prime example. Colliers Wood always prove difficult opposition but not because they break the rules any more than any other side.

HTFCSupporter – All due respect to you for your posting. You also proved my point; you were in the wrong, got punished and got on with it.

To say that three games in a tournament is harsher than three games in a league environment is true but, you know what, sometimes you just have to take the punishment. Rooney blatantly kicked the guy for no reason; for Capello to say that it was wrong to play him because his dad and uncle had been arrested is just bullshit. If Rooney can't cope in the high pressure atmosphere of an international match he should quit. I would have said the same about any other player, no matter how talented. I wonder how much the FA would have given a toss if it had been a less high profile player.