Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

xmas rumors

Boycie i can remember the days when ryman players would drop down and finish their careers in the ESL as you say it doesnt seem to happen now,Sorry i'm happy to hear that it not just Basildon who have had problems of that nature,a player doesnt play on a saturday asks to be signed off joins a new club gets dropped there then two weeks later wants to be re signed.

Boycie I agree that the ESL is alot younger these days and I kind of think that it links into Sorry's point around commitment.

Personally for an older individual I don't think the ESL is as appealing as it used to be - in regards to quality, facilities and reputation - The stigma of playing for an ESL team seams to have been lost.

Its a big commitment and players over the age of 25 who have increasing work pressures are not prepared to commit to playing / training 3 times a week to be a bit part player or even as a regular.

Therefore it's more suited for the younger players who are at Uni / early working life and not running a home etc as simply put the effort and commitment isn't rewarded in relation to grounds, facilities and the standard of football.

If you look in the Ryman league's the players are generally that little bit older as they are prepared to juggle work / life / football is the facilities, football and reputation (I play for such and such) plus the money are more appealing.

I just think that with no relegation, the credit crisis and very few getting promoted the league has gone a bit stagnent.

The sad thing is, that the league is getting younger and the football has stayed the same so there is a number of promising players who's progression is being hampered.

I now play with a young lad at RT who was with Brentwood youth and made some first team appearences last year and the manager has told him to get some experience in the OL because he doesn't want him playing in the ESL - He will go back to Brentwood next year.

It's a shame, as the ESL used to be a 'proper' league 5/6 years ago.

Xmas rumors folks

Bowers = Smallsy to bowers in the New Year discussions have already took place.

Enfield = to cut playing budget, apparently there in debt.

Witham town’s = budget to be put up and more funds available to Kemble to go and win the league.

Bethnal green fc = will move to wadam lodge for next season.

Basilden = will have a new secretary in the new year believed to be( Sally) who was @Harringay & Mauritius last season .

Barkingside = Carl Griffiths will be involved in the new year maybe as manager.

Sporting Bengal = has approached some big players from Ryman’s league to join them.

Hullbridge = the chairmen of hullbridge wants Colin to remain manager and for coach et 64 to coach the youth sides.

Southend manor =are losing patience with Patterson and his ego and are putting 7 dayers in for a few striker.

Sawbridgworth = have got a nice little budget down there and are my choice to surprise everyone and finish in the top 6.

Burnham= will ask Keith to leave cause since his interview for the wakering job did not go his way, results have been poor @ Burnham and players cant play for a manager who does not want to be there.

Clapton = will get money from the football foundation to revamp there ground.

Interesting thoughts here patterson and his ego?? The lads had ankle ligament damage and a groin pull I believe thAts why he hasn't been playing

Edited by Chub spice

Xmas rumors folks

Witham town’s = budget to be put up and more funds available to Kemble to go and win the league.

Basilden = will have a new secretary in the new year believed to be( Sally) who was @Harringay & Mauritius last season .

Sporting Bengal = has approached some big players from Ryman’s league to join them.

Hullbridge = the chairmen of hullbridge wants Colin to remain manager and for coach et 64 to coach the youth sides.

Southend manor =are losing patience with Patterson and his ego and are putting 7 dayers in for a few striker.

Sawbridgworth = have got a nice little budget down there and are my choice to surprise everyone and finish in the top 6.

Burnham= will ask Keith to leave cause since his interview for the wakering job did not go his way, results have been poor @ Burnham and players cant play for a manager who does not want to be there.

Interesting thoughts here patterson and his ego?? The lads had ankle ligament damage and a groin pull I believe thAts why he hasn't been playing

great post Pato...

Xmas rumors folks

great post Pato...

;)

I agree with what people are saying. ESL was a much tougher league a few years ago.

Got to agree with that. It didn't help when the league lost Hornchurch, Waltham Abbey & Tilbury all in one season. Since then Enfield Town, Concord & Brentwood have all gone on yet only Witham have dropped down. Had Waltham Forest, Harlow & Ilford been rightfully relegated when they finished bottom it might have made it more interesting.

I also think that clubs like Brightlingsea, Wivenhoe, Clacton& Halstead should join to make the league stronger.

The whole thing is made a mockery of when teams from Essex don't play in the county league at the step they are at.Completely stupid of you ask me.The Essex Senior league is just that the senior league for football at that step,not a league for clubs on a line south of Colchester,Chelmsford and stansted airport