Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harry Redknapp

Just read a report of the opening proceedings in Harry's tax avaoidance case. I bet the jury (and the Judge) are repeating under their breath "Jackanory, Jackanory"!

If he goes down, I hoppe he takes loads of others with him.

I met him when he bought a full Pompey 1st squad to Meadowbank to play a charity match against Dorking.

Luvvly fella' !!

• 2 weeks later...

Missunderstood - Surely you are not suggesting Harry Redknapp is a spiv and tax dodger, that's the impression I get from your post.

I never thought Harry was guilty as unfairly charged:

http://sport.uk.msn....cid=binganswers

I'd have been more impressed by that if you'd posted it before the verdict! UK domiciled Redknapp opened an overseas account to deposit money that he didn't tell his accountant about. Then he allowed himself to be recorded telling a journalist that it was a bonus (ie earnings). I am staggered by this verdict.

I am staggered by this verdict

Horace - I don't see why, he was always going to get off, what is staggering though was Fabio Capello resigning the very same day, who would have thought that

I'd have been more impressed by that if you'd posted it before the verdict! UK domiciled Redknapp opened an overseas account to deposit money that he didn't tell his accountant about. Then he allowed himself to be recorded telling a journalist that it was a bonus (ie earnings). I am staggered by this verdict.

To be fair to the saintly Redknapp, it was his dog that opened the overseas account, and the almost illiterate HR couldn't be expected to understand that responsible people don't generally do this kind of thing.

I also was staggered by the verdict.

To be fair to the saintly Redknapp, it was his dog that opened the overseas account, and the almost illiterate HR couldn't be expected to understand that responsible people don't generally do this kind of thing.

I was staggered that the CPS didn't prove their case. While Harry admitted lying to the NoTW the jury of twelve good and true Tottenham supporters were left with some doubt which the judge conveniently reassured them was all that they needed to find him guilty.

Perhaps the simple folk of the jury believed "Arry's protestations that he would have no need to avoid paying the paltry tax on a couple of hundred thousand grand - after all he'd paid "millions" on other declared income. Some of us still find it unbelievable that rich people can be bothered to steal when they have all the advantages in life that huge amounts of money bring but then why would celebrity chefs shoplift? The answer lies in the phrase...."because they can". Its a buzz, an adrenalin fix to get away with something, even something as small as the tax on a couple of hundred grand - allegedly!

What remains is that the taxpayer once again foots the bill for another CPS coke up, they simply didn't prove their case and now we can get on with offering Capello's job to "Arry, who must decline, after all, there's no transfer bung in the England job.....

I was staggered that the CPS didn't prove their case. While Harry admitted lying to the NoTW the jury of twelve good and true Tottenham supporters were left with some doubt which the judge conveniently reassured them was all that they needed to find him guilty.

Perhaps the simple folk of the jury believed "Arry's protestations that he would have no need to avoid paying the paltry tax on a couple of hundred thousand grand - after all he'd paid "millions" on other declared income. Some of us still find it unbelievable that rich people can be bothered to steal when they have all the advantages in life that huge amounts of money bring but then why would celebrity chefs shoplift? The answer lies in the phrase...."because they can". Its a buzz, an adrenalin fix to get away with something, even something as small as the tax on a couple of hundred grand - allegedly!

What remains is that the taxpayer once again foots the bill for another CPS coke up, they simply didn't prove their case and now we can get on with offering Capello's job to "Arry, who must decline, after all, there's no transfer bung in the England job.....

Perhaps its all down to the fact that decent people don't understand greed and selfishness.

So leading on..........

People 'in-the-know', (allegedly) of the sports press are already saying he will definitely suceed Capello......

DISCUSS.............

I was staggered that the CPS didn't prove their case

Loosely - You're bound to say that though aren't you

I was staggered that the CPS didn't prove their case
Loosely - You're bound to say that though aren't you

Is that meant to be a discussion starter? If it's a question why didn't you end the sentence with a ? mark? Laziness picked up in the Civil Service no doubt, falling standards in "Broken Britain".

Anyway I'll do my best to do your comment justice and say that with all the money spent on the case by yet another bunch of duffer civil servants couldn't they have done better? Did they really have to bring such a high profile case over such a comparatively small amount of money when the country is suffering a recession? If they really wanted to earn their salaries why didn't they dot the i's and cross the t's and ensure that they had proof, proof without a doubt that Redknapp had deliberately sought to avoid paying tax due on taxable earnings through fraud? That's the disappointment, not that some of us thought he was guilty, not that some of us thought he was innocent but that yet again what is rumoured strongly to be £8m (but shakily denied by the CPS as £1.3m so far...) has been thrown down the drain, good money after bad by a bunch of idiots who couldn't tie their own shoelaces?

More services and amenities for hard working people wasted, do these civil servants have any idea of what is going on in the real world?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16973481

I intend to agree with you loose.

Strangely enough, I don't think this is all over yet.

The police went around the initial investigation in what I can only describe as a provocotive and unproffessional manner, obviously intended to upset the Redknapp family as much as was humanly possible. This was totally unneccessary, and in my view, we may hear more on that matter, so I won't comment further.

12 people unanimously found both defendents not guilty on the evidence presented in court. Speaks volumes.

It will be very interesting to see if our illustrious FA, (cough, cough), eventually do offer HK the England job, or will they adopt the Septic Blather approach of, "No smoke without fire." ?

If HK is offered the job, how will he deal with the cause of Capello's demise ? I still find it strange that the CPS have arranged JT's trial to start AFTER the upcoming tournament. That could put all Chelsea players who may be considered for a place in the squad into an awkward position. Allegance to JT or Country ? Then there's 'Lamps' family relationship to HK. That won't help either !

Oddly, I always thought that everybody in this country was innocent until proved guilty. Things must have changed in the FA's oppinion.

• 2 months later...

When do we think the men in suits at the FA will make their move on their man, I think Tottenham's miserable run ever since Fabio Capello resigned is down to them knowing that Redknapp will definitely be off at the end of this season.

I know everyone says Harry has got the job but I'm not sure. We'll see.

Horace - Who else is there though, Stuart Pearce already had his chance against Holland at Wembley and failed miserably