Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harry Redknapp

I would be very surprised if Redknapp gets the england job now,too much baggage and has been shown up that his personal life will interfere with football,especially after the spuds catastrophic fall from grace.

Also emerging that him and adebayor have had a fall out with a rumour that he struck the african (not that i would blame him)

Alan Pardew?

Interesting but I shouldn't think so, it seems a bit of a fluke what he has somehow managed to achieve at Newcastle this season and more by luck than judgement

Horace - Who else is there though, Stuart Pearce already had his chance against Holland at Wembley and failed miserably

"Woy" Hodgson?

Heard on MoD last week, sung by the Sunderland fans:

"Harry Rednapp, he banks where he wants,

He banks where he wa-ants, he banks where he wants" Loved it!

"Woy" Hodgson?

I think his brief spell at Anfield found him out didn't it

"Woy" Hodgson?

Quite so !

Cue .... A totally inaccurate & sensationalised lie about Hodgson's private life to appear in a Murdoch rag by Sunday !

It's been said that Sir Trev isn't a fan of Harry and still bears him a grudge over the way he took over from Billy Bonds at WHU. Certainly Bonzo feels he was stabbed in the back and he and Sir Trev are great mates.

Edited by Hookey

It's been said that Sir Trev isn't a fan of Harry and still bears him a grudge over the way if took over from Billy Bonds at WHU. Certainly Bonzo feels he was stabbed in the back and he and Sir Trev are great mates.

That's certainly how I remember it. It's even more galling that Bonzo & Harry were best mates. I remember speaking to an ex- West Ham player about him & he said on the subject of trust, "I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand car off him !"

"Woy" Hodgson?

As ever, you are such an astute reader (NOT) of situations! Harry was never going to be England manager - the deafening silence from the FA throughout the media campaign to get "the peoples' choice" appointed was telling. Clearly the FA were not as convinced as the 12 Spurs fans on Harry's jury!

I know everyone says Harry has got the job but I'm not sure. We'll see.

!

Horace - Who else is there though, Stuart Pearce already had his chance against Holland at Wembley and failed miserably

"Woy" Hodgson?

Heard on MoD last week, sung by the Sunderland fans:

"Harry Rednapp, he banks where he wants,

He banks where he wa-ants, he banks where he wants" Loved it!

It's been said that Sir Trev isn't a fan of Harry and still bears him a grudge over the way he took over from Billy Bonds at WHU. Certainly Bonzo feels he was stabbed in the back and he and Sir Trev are great mates.

I was told by a bookmaker acquaintance that fairly large amounts of money had been placed on Sir Trev to get the job on a temporary basis.

Two possible future England managers that could be worth a bet, IMO, are Gary Neville or Jamie Carragher, if they decide a career in management is for them.

It's been said that Sir Trev isn't a fan of Harry and still bears him a grudge over the way if took over from Billy Bonds at WHU. Certainly Bonzo feels he was stabbed in the back and he and Sir Trev are great mates.

That's certainly how I remember it. It's even more galling that Bonzo & Harry were best mates. I remember speaking to an ex- West Ham player about him & he said on the subject of trust, "I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand car off him !"

Right on cue.... http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/sam-wallace-so-will-roy-hodgson-want-the-england-job-7689238.html

With the appointment of Woy, it shows that the FA have a sense of humour!

Why don't the FA just bring back Fabio Capello or Sven as Roy Hodgson will make those two jokers seem like Sir Alf Ramsey, Sir Bobby Robson and Terry Venables put together

Hmmmm which just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge of football generally. Hodgson has proved himself on the International stage, he understands how teams from the continent set themselves up & more importantly he can make average players better & let's face it England have been pretty average for several years now.

Some of the comments on him are ridiculous, saying he will make us a laughing stock, but we were a laughing stock in 2010.

He's a good coach & probably the best English option available at present. I don't think it will be entertaining, but i think we'll be very hard to beat. I'll be looking forward to seeing his back-up team.