Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harry Redknapp

I think Harry will retire to Sandbanks - he might get involved with Bournemouth behind the scenes but he won't be 'front of house.'

I know that he loves the club and gets on well with Eddie Mitchell (the Bournemouth owner and developer of Sandbanks).

Harry could try to resurrect Weymouth as with the right people onboard and if run properly they could eventually get into the League

• 1 month later...

He seems to have gone to ground doesn't he, where do we think he will pop up next

Harry could try to resurrect Weymouth as with the right people onboard and if run properly they could eventually get into the League

As a consultant, perhaps.

However, Weymouth seem to be doing ok these days after having got rid of Malcolm Curtis and George Rolls. I know their new Chairman Nigel Biddecombe has plans and got the right people in to take them forward.

If my side (Gloucester City) go down, then at least we'll have a trip to Weymouth (hopefully in the Summer!) to look forward to.

• 2 years later...

There's talk of Harry's days being numbered at Loftus Road and that he will soon step down or walk away in order to make way for Glenn Hoddle, the great man appears to have lost his magic touch doesn't he although I wonder if the door to the England job might still be slightly ajar.

It's looking like Sunday's fixture between QPR and Liverpool will be Harry's last at Loftus Road and possibly his last in Management unless he can be tempted out of retirement by the men in suits at the FA to take the England job when the clueless Roy Hodgson bites the dust.

Loosely - What has Southgate done, apart from cost us Euro 96

Coached the U21s England squad (successfully). Already identified as New England 'DNA' thinking. 

Coached the U21s England squad (successfully). Already identified as New England 'DNA' thinking. 

That's laughable, it shows that you don't have a clue.

That's laughable, it shows that you don't have a clue.

Shows I listen to what the sports reporters have to say. Surprised you haven't a clue but then you'd argue the sky wasn't blue wouldn't you on a clear day?

He's got more chance than Redknapp was the point. Looks like you lost it but then when was it ever worth discussing one with you?

Time will tell.

Nasty piece of work,and I wouldn't let Redknapp manage a sweet shop, The fact that he sacked my son on law has, of course got nothing to do with me forming that opinion,lol.

Missunderstood - Did you actually read the Daily Mirror article, Redknapp states that he 'wouldn’t trust the FA to show me a good manager if their lives depended on it', the great man goes on to say 'this isn’t about them giving the England job to me or Roy Hodgson but English football being run by people who really haven’t got a clue and they get to pick the England manager'. Lastly Harry says 'no disrespect to Roy but I think we can all see that he is more of an FA man, he came up through the FA’s system and has always been close to the organisers of the game, UEFA and FIFA'. Correct me if I'm wrong but all that is spot on.

Whatever happens to Our 'Arry, I wish him well.

I had the delightful tak of meeting & greeting him when he bought a Portsmouth team to Meadowbank ground, Dorking.

A more genuine fella you couldn't wish to meet.

Big J R - Was that on this occasion, I expect you did a good Wayne's World impression that night didn't you:

http://www.nomad-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2676

Sadly it looks like Harry is on his bike doesn't it after this afternoon's 3-2 defeat by Liverpool at Loftus Road and giving away two goals in injury time.