Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harry Redknapp

I'll be looking forward to seeing his back-up team

As long as it's not his former 'partner in crime' Bobby Houghton, I was following Bristol City in the early eighties when Hodgson and Houghton took over from Malmo FF, following their success there and reaching the European Cup Final, however they were a disaster at Ashton Gate and took the Club from the old Second Division to the Fourth in successive seasons.

Whats going on Rhodes? Syd posted at 1:56 and here you are posting 14 minutes later! Now looking at the M.o.D thread you seem to have an issue with me replying to you 50 minutes after you?

I rest my case.

I'll be looking forward to seeing his back-up team

Ah Clifford but as always you leave out vital info.

Houghton & Hodgson were at Ashton Gate for less than a season so cannot be responsible for

both relegations. Also they had to contend with

losing players like Tom Ritchie, Joe Royle, Gerry

Gow & Gerry Sweeney. In fact The Robins were

in the crap that much they went bust the same season. Hardly the fault of H & H !

Edited by syd_lexic

Lets face it, if it ain't 'Arry, then when anyone else the FA appoint and totally f*cks up, big-time, (which they undoubtably will), the FA will have had plenty of time to word, twist, and publish all the relevant excuses for his failure !

We've seen it all before !

Q.E.D.

(It's called covering your back !)

Edited by Big J R

• 1 month later...

Apparently Harry Redknapp could well quit White Hart Lane later today, watch this space:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/national/sport/9759587.Redknapp_poised_to_leave_Spurs/

He has gone then, amazing, I wonder what is really behind it:

Odds are on Moyes to take over, but I have heard that Levy could approach ex-Spurs player Gus Poyet as manager with Alan Curbishley taking the reigns at the AMEX.

Levy could approach ex-Spurs player Gus Poyet as manager

Interesting but Poyet is still a bit wet behind the ears as a Manager isn't he

Spurs legend, and maybe a yes man for Levy?

I think that Harry's departure could also be partly due to his health problems, but I agree that the timing is a bit suspect...

I wouldn't mind betting that Harry might turn up on one of the TV commentary teams at the Euro's.

Now that could be REALLY interesting, especially if Mr H c0cks it up !

So where do we think Harry will go next, it just goes to show how quickly fortunes can turn around in football doesn't it although with a cool cheque for £3 million in his back pocket I expect he will take some time away from the game

We are always hearing how much stress and pressure premier managers are under and they probably are, BUT hold on, do you think some really care if they get the sack, after all they will get million/s upon leaving in compensation then possibly get another job within 6 months if they really want to ('cos they are skint ;)) and get the sack again....this time next year we will be millionaires .......LOL B) !

So where do we think Harry will go next, it just goes to show how quickly fortunes can turn around in football doesn't it although with a cool cheque for £3 million in his back pocket I expect he will take some time away from the game

He may well retire, given his current health and earn a few bob punditing !

Lets face it, he ain't short of a bob or two !

He may well retire, given his current health

He's as fit as a fiddle though

Lets face it, he ain't short of a bob or two !

Indeed, I believe his dog Rosie left him a large amount of money in her will.

He may well retire, given his current health

He's as fit as a fiddle though

I wouldn't go quite that far !!

Okay, how about in the pink of health