Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mo Farah

Loosely - I don't think that's what Hookey meant at all, his Father may have been born in England but that doesn't automatically make him British

Loosely - I don't think that's what Hookey meant at all, his Father may have been born in England but that doesn't automatically make him British

I'm afraid it does Rhodesy, you need to look up the rules for British Citizenship.

I do have to wonder if this isn't your racism rearing it's ugly head again. After all Mo is black but there are other athletes competing at the Olympics for Britain who have come from other countries after being born to British parents. Maybe it's acceptable if they are white, after all, the thread isn't titled Mo Farah and Keri-Anne Payne is it?

I'm afraid it was Rhodesy, I was born in England but my parents, grandparents, etc were Irish, so I would be have been proud to represent Ireland at any sport at any level level. That said I would be equally proud to represent the land of my birth and where I have grown up.

It isn't black or white, so to speak.

I do have to wonder if this isn't your racism rearing it's ugly head again

Loosely - Trust you to play the racism card, that's your answer to everything isn't it

I do have to wonder if this isn't your racism rearing it's ugly head again

Loosely - Trust you to play the racism card, that's your answer to everything isn't it

And you can't answer it!

Simple really, black and white athletes with British parents who have adopted Great Britain yet this thread amazingly is complaining about a black athlete, the answers not hard = Racism.....

Right on Tory Boy.

I like this name....

I know. If they sliced you open you would have "I love Maggie" running through you.

I put it to you that you have bought her used knickers on ebay. How do you plead?

Right on Tory Boy.

I like this name....

I know. If they sliced you open you would have "I love Maggie" running through you.

I put it to you that you have bought her used knickers on e bay. How do you plead?

http://www.cafepress...thong,389992162

Lol looks small.

the answers not hard = Racism.....

Loosely - Well I had no difficulty with the likes of Daley Thompson, Linford Christie, Derek Redmond, John Regis, Kriss Akabusi or Colin Jackson from the golden era of British athletics so how can I be racist

I would be have been proud to represent Ireland at any sport at any level level.

I thought you represented Ireland's Subbuteo team at the Leprechaun Olympics.........

Yeah and even then I was sub! :P

the answers not hard = Racism.....

Loosely - Well I had no difficulty with the likes of Daley Thompson, Linford Christie, Derek Redmond, John Regis, Kriss Akabusi or Colin Jackson from the golden era of British athletics so how can I be racist

Rhodes, if your argument was genuine you'd have included Keri-Anne Payne who just happens to be white. Transparent as ever Rhodesy!

Loosely - I have to confess that I have never heard of Keri-Anne Payne, I don't follow Athletics as closely as I used to

Loosely - I have to confess that I have never heard of Keri-Anne Payne, I don't follow Athletics as closely as I used to

Obviously she didn't suit your purposes.

K-A-P is a world class swimmer and a red hot tip for gold at the Olympics. Really looking forward to using the Olympic pool once the money draining circus has finished.

Edited by missunderstood

• 2 weeks later...

Loosely - How can he be British though, that's exactly my point

I see that there is a lengthy thread on another Forum about this very issue, clearly I'm not the only one who thinks Farah shouldn't go anywhere near a running track wearing a British vest:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4080974

I just wasted 5 minutes reading that link - as usual you have dug something up that purports to support your argument when it does no such thing! Do you EVER really read the stuff you use in supposedly making your case?

I just wasted 5 minutes reading that link - as usual you have dug something up that purports to support your argument when it does no such thing! Do you EVER really read the stuff you use in supposedly making your case?

When will we ever learn eh? Rhodes counts on people not bothering to open and read a lengthy article and instead just take his word for it that it "rests his case". Quite underhand really, goes with his loathsome racism I guess.

Loosely - Like I said I have nothing against Mo Farah, I'm sure he's a perfectly decent bloke but he's as British as you and me are Chinese, that's my point