Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

South Park V Sutton Utd - Tuesday 21st February

sparky100

South Park take on Blue Square Bet South Sutton Utd at Whitehall Lane on Tuesday in the quarter final of the Surrey Senior Cup. Kick off is at 7.45pm.

Prior to the kick off there will be a minutes applause in memory of Sutton Utd legend John Rains who passed away recently.

Your support would be most welcome as we look to reach the semi finals.

Southern Combination Cup: Cove 4-3 Dorking.

Cracking cup tie. Chicks down to ten men after 9 minutes, handball on line. Cove convert the pen - game over? Not on your life!. Hartt equalises with excellent header. Second half Chicks go 3-1 up deservedly, hard to tell which side had 10 men at times. DT10 brings himself on up front. From then on, end to end with both keepers making excellent saves. Cove snatch it in injury time, Buckers fuming at the lino for no offside decision. Good luck to Cove in the next round, much credit must go to Chicks for really going for it despite playing for 80 minutes a man short.

Also, a special mention to fizzers for tonight's clean sheet! I'm sure NG will agree ;)

Bowed out the cup to Sutton last night, who are a very good side (their league table doesn't lie!) Thought were able to match them first half, which saw BAWA hit the post from 5 yards out, but went in 1-0 down. Think the own goal by the SP number 4 (cough) got our heads down a bit and two more from Sutton with a consolation from Mat Ward finished the game off. We did hit the post again 2nd half and Chris Smith had a one-on-one which was the sort he puts away week in week out, but wasn't meant to be. Good game, officials were best I've witnessed this season and I'm shattered this morning!

As milesy said great game last night. Officials were brillient with there radio communications going on all game having banter with each other. Worst part of the game was my sitter having nightmares all night over it I can't believe it biggest game ever and to put us 1-0 up miss from 6yards across keeper and on to the post would score 10/10 of them in training apologies again boys for that. Sutton and very well organised side but we battle them from start to finish and was a great experience for us boys and wish Sutton all the best in there push for promotion.

Bowed out the cup to Sutton last night, who are a very good side (their league table doesn't lie!) Thought were able to match them first half, which saw BAWA hit the post from 5 yards out, but went in 1-0 down. Think the own goal by the SP number 4 (cough) got our heads down a bit and two more from Sutton with a consolation from Mat Ward finished the game off. We did hit the post again 2nd half and Chris Smith had a one-on-one which was the sort he puts away week in week out, but wasn't meant to be. Good game, officials were best I've witnessed this season and I'm shattered this morning!

Here's a reminder Milesy - courtesy of the Sutton website :rolleyes:

post-2256-0-98600800-1329900912_thumb.jpg

If the referee was the one named on the Surrey FA website then he is currently a Football League referee which might go some way to explaining his quality. For reference, he officiated on the CCL earlier in his refereeing career. His ARs will probably have done this role previously at Conference South level too.