Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How many Step 6 Leagues are there?

Smudge

The reason I ask is what will be the promotion ratio from 6 to 5 at the end of next season,will it still be 3 up from the Combined Counties?Have the powers that be,given this any thought,as reorganisation of step 6 must be years off surely,with Sussex/Kent sides at Step 6,having been given till 2015,to get their grounds up to standard.Not a level playing field surely.

Why don't you look at a copy of the NLP? Alternatively...

http://www.mikeavery...r%20Pyramid.htm

I make it 16

Or...

http://en.wikipedia....l_League_System

Which has 17 - the anomaly being the Kent Invicta League

Or...

Go to page 172. If the FA list is incorrect, there really is no hope :D

http://thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FA%20Handbook%202011-12/NLS_2011-12.ashx/NLS_2011-12.pdf And they say 17

Hope this helps

Edited by WindsorFC Programme Editor

You know as well as I do that there are so many variables involved. Ground grading, clubs switching from one league to another, clubs going out of business, clubs not wanting to be promoted... Some Step 5 leagues have 1 feeder, others 2. Talk about herding cats!!!

I can't remember who it was, or when it was posted but it was suggested that the whole pyramid structure from Step 3 down needs to be redressed. 4 leagues in Step 3, 8 in Step 4, 16 in Step 5 and so on. What does not help is that the majority of clubs are in the Midlands and South of the country.

Edited by WindsorFC Programme Editor

I think step 6 and 7 will fall into place once the reconstruction is complete combined with the deadline for ground grading. Will be a doddle once the initial reconstruction is done.

It remains conjecture at the moment, but if the re-structure goes ahead, and if the CCL is asked to run one of the new "divisions", the following could happen.

The FA has said that no league will disappear and that each new division will have a Step 6. In our case that could result in the new CCL retaining it's existing Step 6 division feeding into the Prem, as would be the majority of clubs in the top division of the Sussex League, were it to have been reduced to Step 6 status.

That in turn, is likely to lead to reduced promotion for Step 6 clubs and increased relegation for Premier clubs, the most likely scenario being four down from the Prem and two up from each Division One, compared to the three up, three down system that we have currently.

It will always depend upon geography, facilities, the wish to be promoted, etc. etc. and until there is further clarification, and a decision, it is almost pointless trying to speculate.

I think step 6 and 7 will fall into place once the reconstruction is complete combined with the deadline for ground grading. Will be a doddle once the initial reconstruction is done.

Then there's Three Steps To Heaven, Chris !

Thanks for the reply Alan,I know it is only conjecture at the moment,as nothing has been agreed,but will there be 3 Promotion places from Div 1 to the Premier in Season 12/13?

The way you have outlined a possible scenario,their will be 12 leagues,with 4 going down in each League,48 teams,but currently there are only 16/17 step 6 Leagues,so would that mean,a bulking up of Step 6 Leagues,as most are low on numbers anyway.By having only 3 promotion places from Step 6.Then in a few years 3 clubs would be demoted from Step 5,and 3 Clubs promoted from step 6.

There will still be the normal promotion/relegation at the end of season 12-13. It is only after that, that clubs would then be "re-allocated" if the re-structure goes ahead. From 13-14, who knows?

One thing is looking fairly certain if it does proceed, in that in the future, promoted and relegated clubs will be allocated to their new divisions by the FA, as happens currently at Step 4 and above.