Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

well done Harlow

I'm a cockerel and therefore normally eat grain and the like. This evening I've turned to comfort eating doughnuts.

A direction-less unimaginative display from ETFC today. That said, credit must go to a well-organised Harlow side.

1. Jeff Hammond should not have been sent off. There had been some minor handbags in the preceding minutes, a booking for Hammond and some words of advice, but I'm not sure that the challenge for which he was given a straight red even merited a yellow.

2. Harlow then set up with two banks of 4 and continued to play as before - trying to catch ETFC on the break. It worked perfectly because Town seemed to have no idea how to break down a well-organised defence. Time and again Town tried to thread the ball through the centre of the Harlow defence. This didn't work.

3. Barber looks a solid workman-like left back, but nothing more. That experiment has failed and the manager got that transfer wrong. It's time to bring back Jey Siva, give him a hug and tell him we love him really.

4. Why wasn't Adam Wallace playing from the start? IMO our best player this season and someone who could play higher.

5. Dean Pennant may have scored a screamer against the Enfield Essex Senior League Rejects Reserves during the week, but he had a poor game today. Neither he nor Rudi looked capable of unlocking the Harlow defence. Where was Lee Allen? Can we fly Jon Moore back from Australia?

6. Imber had a poor game between the sticks - fumbling the first goal onto a Harlow head and watching a free kick plonk into the goal. I guess it was about time he had a bad game.

7. Any chance of getting some water on what has now become a bobbly pitch?

8. This IS now a bad run of results and not just a blip. I fear another season in R1N unless Steve can work some miracles. We will now definitely find ourselves in one or perhaps two 'cup matches' in the play-offs. We desperately need some momentum and Steve to find a way of improving his cup record. I'm not hopeful at present.

I'm a cockerel and therefore normally eat grain and the like. This evening I've turned to comfort eating doughnuts.

A direction-less unimaginative display from ETFC today. That said, credit must go to a well-organised Harlow side.

1. Jeff Hammond should not have been sent off. There had been some minor handbags in the preceding minutes, a booking for Hammond and some words of advice, but I'm not sure that the challenge for which he was given a straight red even merited a yellow.

2. Harlow then set up with two banks of 4 and continued to play as before - trying to catch ETFC on the break. It worked perfectly because Town seemed to have no idea how to break down a well-organised defence. Time and again Town tried to thread the ball through the centre of the Harlow defence. This didn't work.

3. Barber looks a solid workman-like left back, but nothing more. That experiment has failed and the manager got that transfer wrong. It's time to bring back Jey Siva, give him a hug and tell him we love him really.

4. Why wasn't Adam Wallace playing from the start? IMO our best player this season and someone who could play higher.

5. Dean Pennant may have scored a screamer against the Enfield Essex Senior League Rejects Reserves during the week, but he had a poor game today. Neither he nor Rudi looked capable of unlocking the Harlow defence. Where was Lee Allen? Can we fly Jon Moore back from Australia?

6. Imber had a poor game between the sticks - fumbling the first goal onto a Harlow head and watching a free kick plonk into the goal. I guess it was about time he had a bad game.

8. This IS now a bad run of results and not just a blip. I fear another season in R1N unless Steve can work some miracles. We will now definitely find ourselves in one or perhaps two 'cup matches' in the play-offs. We desperately need some momentum and Steve to find a way of improving his cup record. I'm not hopeful at present.

Good summary :-

2, Agreed - The TEN men of Harlow ( for 70+ mins ) knew how to defend against a poor side.

3, Agree - 110% - 0 - 5 in 2 games ain't promotion form.

4, Agree - one poor game and he is dropped.

5, Quote Lionel Messi - more like Lionel Blair - terrible performance - did he make a single pass to a team player ?

6, Was he fouled for first goal ? 2nd was a very poor wall, 3rd was defenders lack of tackle.

7, Agree - sandy and very dry - but Harlow managed okay.

Fair bit of work to do if Town are going to progress.

Problem is that next season there will be ANOTHER team pushing for the League - there always is !!

Plenty to do in next 5 games.

What a missed opportunity, that we did not bring in a couple of fresh players to shake it up for the run-in.

Other teams in the top 8 certainaly have !!

Edited by OldTowner

I thought i'd log in and catch up on a few days postings and sort of glad I did.

First and foremost (and please do not take anything personally as my views are not directed at anyone but just at some of the toned views i've been reading) I'm pretty glad it's Steve who is the manager and having the decision making to do as there would be widespread panic and suicides if it was left to some of the supporters of the past week or two whose analysis are resembling that of the governments initial directives on storing fuel in defence of a tanker drivers strike. I.E there is no need to panic cos there is no strike and we are still 2nd 5pts clear of 3rd with 5 games to go FACT.

What is clear without a shadow of doubt is that results and performance levels have dipped in the last 2 games, with no goals scored and 5 conceded.

Now Steve has had it easy when the well oiled machine was rolling along on good unbeaten runs, he now has some managing to do and i'm sure he will assess the squad and weigh up the best solutions for the forthcoming fixtures.

It is not the time to start talking down our chances in such a defeatest manner but as Sir Fergie says it is squeeky bum time and if Man City can go off the boil with a billion pound budget so can we, difference is we have a chance to rectify matters over the next 4-5 weeks.

As a supporter and i'm as big a supporter as anyone, I trust our manager and his players to give it there best shot between now and the final game of the season, I believe that because i'm privelaged to be talking with them all on a regular basis and they dearly want to do well for us all. We as supporters just need to keep hanging on in there backing the boys through up's and down's.

I for one do not expect backsides to be kicked but would be surprised if our players do not come out for next Saturday's game at Needham with nuclear war head up each Ar5e.

UP THE TOWN

I for one do not expect backsides to be kicked but would be surprised if our players do not come out for next Saturday's game at Needham with nuclear war head up each Ar5e.

Actually I believe that arming players with warheads of any kind is specifically banned by rule 4(iii) of the Ryman League constitution.

Mr Cockeral-

1/ What difference does it make whether Hammond got sent off or not?? whats the theory behind that comment and how did that effect our play?

2/ This season's Harlow always set up with 2 banks of 4, they would struggle if they went a goal down, but they never. It is there organisation that has got them to 6th place.

3/Barber is a solid player and a proven one, Steve has time to decide whether to go for solid Dan or the Flair of Jey, time still to assess each view.

4/Adam has been carrying an injury for some time which was holding back his performances, a short break would do Adam no harm.

5/Should'nt knock Steve shuffling the pack after the lacklustre performance at Maldon, it obviously did'nt work, I think another shuffle is on the cards, may be not. We'll see.

6/Pass on that one, Noel has done well since joining us.

7/very good point.

8/Your wrong about it being a bad run of results as it is 2 defeats on the trot. However I agree with your demands from the manager and like i've pointed out supporters have to be hopeful or why bother?

One other fact is we are only 3pts short of our best ever points tally and still have 5 games to go.

C'mon, drink down your sorrows and wake up in the morning ready to take on the world

Times like this require inner strength.

Supporters should do what they are good at and get behind all the lads and raise their spirits for the final run in to the end of the season - that is what is required.

Support can't be unconditional. We pay our money and are entitled to our opinions depending on what we see. I have to say that we were 'treated' to some pretty poor play today. I'd suggest the quality of RL1N is worse this year than in others. That is why I expect a side with the largest support, a brand new stadium and a consistently strong record to secure promotion...and do it with style.

6. Imber had a poor game between the sticks - fumbling the first goal onto a Ha

rlow head and watching a free kick plonk into the goal. I guess it was about time he had a bad game.

The answer to your number 7 point!! If you are able to do a full time job and work in the evenings at the pitch, I would like to know how you would fit it all in?? If you want to come and help, then maybe we could have been watering all week and trying to get it flat. Likewise to many other people that work and volounteer at the club, souly for passion about the club come over an work really hard! Another hick-up that you should perhaps know about is that the mower broke down and would not start during the week, that caused me problems. I am passionate about my pitch and this is the first 'critisism' I have heard about it today, all the others have been saying how nice the pitch looks. Currently I am not being paid to work there so until then the pitch may not be looking at it's total best as I cannot magic more hours in a day!!!!!!! Edited by thegroundsman

The answer to your number 7 point!! If you are able to do a full time job and work in the evenings at the pitch, I would like to know how you would fit it all in?? If you want to come and help, then maybe we could have been watering all week and trying to get it flat. Likewise to many other people that work and volounteer at the club, souly for passion about the club come over an work really hard! Another hick-up that you should perhaps know about is that the mower broke down and would not start during the week, that caused me problems. I am passionate about my pitch and this is the first 'critisism' I have heard about it today, all the others have been saying how nice the pitch looks. Currently I am not being paid to work there so until then the pitch may not be looking at it's total best as I cannot magic more hours in a day!!!!!!!

The pitch looked great and has been impeccable since we moved in! All I was saying was that it seemed a little hard and bobbly in places for the first time this season (- not surprising given the weather this week). Given the above, I'm more than happy to thank the groundsman for his efforts and apologise if my comment seemed critical.

Supporters should do what they are good at and get behind all the lads and raise their spirits for the final run in to the end of the season - that is what is required.

Support can't be unconditional. We pay our money and are entitled to our opinions depending on what we see. I have to say that we were 'treated' to some pretty poor play today. I'd suggest the quality of RL1N is worse this year than in others. That is why I expect a side with the largest support, a brand new stadium and a consistently strong record to secure promotion...and do it with style.

Since when has a brand new stadium and a previous strong record have anything to do with what is happening right now?

Largest support is only important if it is vocal and positive IMO. The League is as tough as ever and they have had to scrap for all the points. Get behind your management team and the lads when they need it most!!

The answer to your number 7 point!! If you are able to do a full time job and work in the evenings at the pitch, I would like to know how you would fit it all in?? If you want to come and help, then maybe we could have been watering all week and trying to get it flat. Likewise to many other people that work and volounteer at the club, souly for passion about the club come over an work really hard! Another hick-up that you should perhaps know about is that the mower broke down and would not start during the week, that caused me problems. I am passionate about my pitch and this is the first 'critisism' I have heard about it today, all the others have been saying how nice the pitch looks. Currently I am not being paid to work there so until then the pitch may not be looking at it's total best as I cannot magic more hours in a day!!!!!!!

The pitch looked great and has been impeccable since we moved in! All I was saying was that it seemed a little hard and bobbly in places for the first time this season (- not surprising given the weather this week). Given the above, I'm more than happy to thank the groundsman for his efforts and apologise if my comment seemed critical.

Your comments did highlight a poor pitch i.e it's become a bobbly pitch. Just as the criticism of the last 2 performances when indeed the team too have been playing well just as the pitch had. i.e we've had 2 bobbly performances.

It's human nature to seek faults when frustration kicks in and of course Mr C you are very entitled to your opinion and to be fair your opinion is valid, but please bear in mind;

The groundsman is a qualified volunteer who works with the tool's that are given to him.

As is the manager who has worked, in my opinion, a mini miracle getting us to our current 2nd place with a budget less than many of our competitors i.e Leiston, Gray's, Needham, Harlow, just to mention 4.

So as in previous posts, we all need to be strong and positive otherwise a supporters negative vibe can be generated to the players.

This was my first game for some time and I was amazed at the negativity shown by Town. The players seemed more intent on winding up Jeff Hammond than playing the game, the theory was obviously to get him sent off and then the game would be a breeze. We looked like a team who went out knowing this was going to be a tough game and we were practically begging the referee for his help. We should be going onto that pitch with the opponents fearing us!! The opening 20 minutes every little challenge on a Town player was hounded by 4 or 5 players towards the referee to do something, after matters were dealt with I could still see players more focused on the referee and his assistant and moaning at them instead of concentrating on the game.

It is starting to get a bit embarrassing watching the players moaning as much as they do, I can understand them doing so if it were a seriously dangerous tackle but the majority of tackles were fair. If the players put as much effort and energy into their actual play today instead of complaining to the officials as much as they did we may have had a better result.

We lacked any creativity, Dean in midfield was awful along with Leon upfront continually gave the ball away cheaply, Rudi worked hard but didn't really get anywhere, why Dean & Rudi played in the reserves in the week I don't know? they both looked tired!!

We rely to much on Liam to score the goals and when he doesn't score we struggle.

We need to get the belief and fearlessness back, we seemed today to be cautious and it looked like it was town who played 70 minutes with 10 men. We also need to put 100% energy, commitment and focus into the game rather than at the officials.

lets stop moaning about yesterdays poor display and now get behind the guys for the final push, its not over till the fat lady sings we are in a play-off place still lets win the five games listern dropped points (about time).......................

steve has done a fantastic job stop knocking him .

bring on needham 3 points please !

A hundred mile drive home seemed like eternity after yesterdays performance and result. We expected a hard match and we got one.The blustery conditions didn't help, but Harlow's ten men worked their socks off, took their chances and thoroughly deserved their win. This was certainly not the result we anticipated, after last weeks defeat, but two defeats doesn't make us a poor side, and we have a strong squad of players, with a great team spirit, who are more than capable of turning things around.

Steve Newing is an intelligent, very capable manager, who knows what needs to be done. Let's give him and the players our full backing and encouragement, during the critical games to come, so we and they have the best chance of success.

Good luck guys.

UP THE TOWN

Whoops never mind :bawling: . Just make sure you bring this poor form of yours to your cup final on the 14th .

COME ON YOU AMBERSSSSSSSS :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Lets have em this time.

for thoese who only come once in a blue moon the towners have been playing good at home so get your facts write before posting

Not sure who that was aimed at. Town have been getting results at home having faced some relatively poor sides. Yesterday they lost 0-3 at home against 10 men. There is no way in which yesterday's performance can be said to have been a side 'playing good at home'. This is the business end of the season.