Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Steve's Update

OldTowner

Well worth a read and as a club we appointed Steve to do a job and we should all back him to do it to the best of his ability and in the way that he thinks is correct.

Come on your Towners.

I think some ultra critical fans have got to calm down slightly, see that Steve has assembled the best side Town have ever had and acknowledge all hard work everyone has put in. We're 2nd in the league below a very good Leiston side.

Should we go into play offs which is looking likely... but you never know.... Town are well capable of doing well.

Not many people gave us a chance at W&F in 2010 but we won and were unlucky to lose at Concord... the side is stronger and more experienced now so let's support them 100%

before all that we got Albury Walker's cup final on Saturday to win!!

I do back Steve. However, his update on the website doesn't necessarily tie-in completely with some of the players' recent tweets - with confusion and disappointment at being dropped etc. Having said that though, I guess players want to play every minute, full-stop.

Squad=20+ match day starting X1=11 and with so much to play for players want to be part of every minute, which should give the starting X1 the edge in keeping their places or it will be all change for the next selection.

Each player has the physical, technical and team ethic strengths that are required but at this time of the season it is the players who have the mental strength to handle the forthcoming mega deciders, lets face it, their is only one person best fit in deciding that.

Edited by Enfield United

I think some ultra critical fans have got to calm down slightly, see that Steve has assembled the best side Town have ever had and acknowledge all hard work everyone has put in. We're 2nd in the league below a very good Leiston side.

this is not the the first time you have "hinted" at fans being critical, it must be the company YOU keep.

I've not heard any real criticism, on the terrace, bar or pub.

With the exception of what seems like your subtle jibes, I can only see support for Steve, and frustration with the results

I do back Steve. However, his update on the website doesn't necessarily tie-in completely with some of the players' recent tweets - with confusion and disappointment at being dropped etc. Having said that though, I guess players want to play every minute, full-stop.

Tweets in the Ryman League. Whatever next?

Southport,

I respect what your saying and maybe I'm being too critical of the people being critical..... but a few supporters did start to get on the backs of some players on Monday during the game from where I was in the far stand...not sure what it was like behind the goal or elsewhere?

then below are a selection of comments from the forum after the Harlow and Waltham Abbey games-

"bad run of results...not just a blip"

"poor selection, poor effort, play offs will be tough with this poor level of performance"

"confidence on and off the pitch looks low"

My point was we're 2nd in the league not mid table or bottom... so I stand by that some comments are harsh IMO...

Let's hope we're all celebrating come the end of the season be it as title winners or play off winners. And we win on Saturday first!

ALL players should be disappointed if they are not playing and ALL supporters should support the players on the pitch.

this is not the the first time you have "hinted" at fans being critical, it must be the company YOU keep.

I've not heard any real criticism, on the terrace, bar or pub.

With the exception of what seems like your subtle jibes, I can only see support for Steve, and frustration with the results

Sorry Southport, you make some good points on here but I know where Cold End is coming from and it is'nt bad winds from the North Sea.

I very rarely stand next to Cold End otherwise his camera would pick up all the sh1te I blare out to the oppo. I can hear very clearly ETFC fan's who get on the back of our players when things are not going well, at our level 1-2 bellowing voices are more of put downs than a chorus of hundreds, because it is personal and direct.

I'm referring more to the Harlow game where I felt Fan's got on our players back even when defeat was inevitable, i.e they were putting the boot in when the boy's were down, a bit too much in my view.

3 League games left all enjoyable ones with local side Cheshunt and 2 of the top 5 in Leiston and Grays. Then a probable home play off tie where support of the players in a way like never before could be a playing factor in helping us through. If mistakes are made then be grateful we get away with them not highlight it and hammer it down the players throat.

Edited by Enfield United