Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wembley FC

I've played in the fans cup plenty of times and it usually ends up in heart ache! Last yr I went on loan to very good chertsey team only to be knocked out by a team of thugs playing a very stoney and bobbly park pitch! The fans cup is the greatest cup comp in the world but we'll never make any impression on it,look at hanworth villa, how many games did they win and who did they beat?? Did they get the radford giant killing award no swindon got it .the fa couldn't give a toss about this level of the comp!I want to help wembley win the league,that's why I train tues and thurs night's cos we won't win the fa cup!

I've played in the fans cup plenty of times and it usually ends up in heart ache! Last yr I went on loan to very good chertsey team only to be knocked out by a team of thugs playing a very stoney and bobbly park pitch! The fans cup is the greatest cup comp in the world but we'll never make any impression on it,look at hanworth villa, how many games did they win and who did they beat?? Did they get the radford giant killing award no swindon got it .the fa couldn't give a toss about this level of the comp!I want to help wembley win the league,that's why I train tues and thurs night's cos we won't win the fa cup!

Be interesting to hear from a Hanworth player...sounds like you think they hated every minute of their cup run.

Just being realistic,ccl champions is where we want to be its the bread and butter.if we get within a round of meeting a conference or league team then I start to get excited.the vase is the one for me,a chance to play at wembley stadium is a dream more realistic.

This conversation has gone away from what I intended,I love the fa cup I back spurs to win it every year(more heartache) but at our level it is a dream and this level is long forgotten which was my point regarding hanworth,I know a couple of lads there(morley,major,Leo and baines) and looked out excitedly to see if they beat slough and afc totton.ask yourself this did that run affect their promotion chance,the extra games the backlog of games to catch up with??? They had a good side and I watched them come to wembley and slap a wembley side 5-1 that had in previous weeks beaten Windsor and guildford.

I don't know who your involved with farming but what do you want out of the fa cup?

As a supporter and officer of a small Kent League club, I still think of the FA cup as something special. We got to the 1st round proper back in 1998 and played a struggling (now defunct) Div 4 side. But we were on Football Focus and Match of the Day and we picked up some new fans that season who remain loyal to the club to this day.

Good memories. Sad to hear the magic of the FA Cup is dwindling.

Fair play.hopefully this bud thing may boost the magic at this level

Well as much as I hope it does, I don't think it has or will, in the future.

As far as most people I have spoken to they think it is a sad indictment of the current status of the FA Cup and think Wembley a cross between a "sell out" club and a "joke" club, expecially as they have drafted in some old has beens.

I don't know anybody who thinks it has boosted the magic of the cup at this level, apart from you.

It has done anything but that for the people I know who support teams ranging from the CCL to the top level and pretty much most divisions in between.

Just make the most of their money, but I will be backing whoever you draw in the FA Cup.

Edited by jertzee

It's a shame that anyone who doesn't think this is the greatest thing ever is branded jealous and full of hate! I've nothing against Wembley FC whatsoever, just don't agree with it in principal. Pearcey calls me small minded, well he is looking at it from a personal point of view as to how his club and he himself benefits out of it. As I said previously, I can quite understand why he takes that view. I'm looking at it from a bigger perspective - how this makes joe public perceive this level of football as a whole. Much like the MyFC debacle (that'll get thespursfan going ;) ), it certainly gives publicity, but just not of a good kind in my opinion!

Just a little sad that money means everything, even at this level.

Money isn't my motivation and wembley haven't payed players for over 8 years.after the last 2 season I just want to play but I'm not going to say no to anything offered to me.

I refer you to my earlier questions would you IF you were a chairman would you say NO(honesty will be appreciated) to this chance?

IF you were a goalkeeper would you say NO to working with David seaman?

Truly anyone would jump at the chance to regenerate their club and I personally/selfishly jumped two footed into working with England vet/has been/fecking legend David Seaman.

Money isn't my motivation and wembley haven't payed players for over 8 years.after the last 2 season I just want to play but I'm not going to say no to anything offered to me.

I refer you to my earlier questions would you IF you were a chairman would you say NO(honesty will be appreciated) to this chance?

IF you were a goalkeeper would you say NO to working with David seaman?

Truly anyone would jump at the chance to regenerate their club and I personally/selfishly jumped two footed into working with England vet/has been/fecking legend David Seaman.

I read somewhere that Seaman won't be playing Pearcey, that means you will be number one with those boys in front of you, more incentive for you. No wonder you're more passionate about it.

Pearcey fair and honest comments,But to put us all at ease how much you on,for your troubles?Maybe every player is on nothing,love of the club like.Most film companies pay their EXTRAS,Wembley F.C. ARE GETTING WELL PAID FOR THEIR PART.

Smuge I understand there is a budget coming but I haven't been offered anything,I have heard a couple figures but until I have shaken Ian's hand on a deal then I won't speculate.if seaman is just coaching then I get the joy and

Pain of the fa cup.

I won't post on here my wages but will a budget if 1 arises

I don't think that people are being 'haters' or are jealous, it's just that the sponsorship agreement by Budweiser has given rise to an un-level playing field (and this time the Moles and Groundsman are not to blame!)

It reminds me of a few seasons ago in the Midland Alliance when Barwell walked the league because they had an agreement to sign Leicester City U18s on dual-contracts. Hardly any other teams in the league could compete, and it was no surprise that they frequently won 5-0 or even 8-0 once at I think Malvern or it could have been Cradley or Rocester.

Every other team said that the arrangement was morally wrong, as it didn't give them a fair chance, yet the league secretary Mick Joiner said there was nothing wrong with it as it was a 'perfectly legal arrangement.' Now, if Sandhurst or Camberley were signing Reading youth players on dual contracts, then there'd be a similar outcry.

Wembley deserve their good luck with the sponsorship, and all that it brings, but just remember where you came from and who you are - don't get too Charlie Bigballs, and I'm sure most people will wish you well for the FA Cup and the league season.