Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wembley FC

Remember Eric Ninja Young playing for Egham many moons ago,he just dropped a shoulder,and had 2 opposing players in a melee on the floor.Stanley Matthews was still class at 50,what about George Eastham pure quality at 46.NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING OLD,ask Blueandwhitearmy,class is forever.

Bloody hell, I never saw him do that when he was in his prme at Wimbledon, lol

....nor Wales ...! ;)

Knew Eric and his brother from when he was 17-18 and playing for Southall ........

I'm sorry but I will stick by what I said and think it is a corporate pish.

If Budweiser really want to help out why don't they sponsor the CCL???

Rather than upgrade the facilities of one team for their own purposes (and let's face it they are doing NONE of this to help Wembley but 100% of it to give them cheap publicity) why don't they sponsor grass roots football, or the CCL?

Why? Cos their is no mileage in it.

Their gimmicky abuse of the FA Cup is one more reason why the competition is made to look more about money each year and not the prestige.

Half a dozen players seemingly will miss out on the chance to do well for Wembley in the FA Cup so some has beens can generate cheap publicity for a shit beer company.

The CCL will not benefit one iota. They will get no money from it, nor will other clubs in the league.

The fact that Parlour doesn't even know the name of the league proves it.

Well said

Has it got anything to do with the F.A Cup though,or even Football.Was interested to see Terry Venables interviewed today on BBC TV,talking about Englands chances in the Euros,where was he interviewed Wembley F.C.Ray Parlour tweeted they were filming according to Newby.Now how unlucky would you have to be if you were starting a new team in the CCL Premier and you advertised trials,150 players turn up and only 2 are better than what you have.Furthermore have all the new Pro signings not had experience of T.V.work,the camera's have been rolling for months,and an Emmy nominated director has been in charge during that time.The characters are cast already so DREAM ON will be the Movie,after they exit the F.A.Cup.Followed by the follow up DREAM OVER.

Edited by Smudge

Interviewed on radio yesterday, Ray Parlour was hilariously uninformed about Wembley FC.

Asked which League they were in he said, I'm not really sure, it's about 8 steps down. Pressed on which league, he said he wasn't sure what it was called, "something Counties I think...."

Bit embarrassing really.

Can't see where the embarrassment is really? It clearly states that these people will be playing in the FA cup. It says absolutely nothing about league games?! So what if they don't know what league Wembley Fc play in? They have without doubt raised the profile of the club already in a matter of a few days! And I'm sure that when these guys do eventually play for the club, their result will be one of the first ones we all look for at 5pm on the day!

well well well I have read all of the previous posts even NG.s boring name dropping ones and have come to the conclusion the Green Eyed Monster is alive and living among some of Wembleys rivals in the CCL, come on guys who wouldn't want this sort of thing for your own clubs,what an oppurtunity to develope your club for the long term and publicity beyond belief in the short term if Mr Bates wants an asisstant please give him my number and I will be there like a shot.

If this whole thing brings 10 extra through your teams gate paying £5 each,having a pint and a burger then that's money you wouldn't have got before this thing happened,its that not a good thing.

but that's the point - it WON'T bring in those extra people week in week out as it is clearly only for the FA Cup.

No one who comes in for the publicity of the FA Cup and to see Seaman & Co is going to turn up the following week to see Wembley take on Colliers Wood (no disrespect to CWU) without those players.

So long as the 'project' is sustainable then fine.

Good luck to Wembley.

Can't see where the embarrassment is really? It clearly states that these people will be playing in the FA cup. It says absolutely nothing about league games?! So what if they don't know what league Wembley Fc play in? They have without doubt raised the profile of the club already in a matter of a few days! And I'm sure that when these guys do eventually play for the club, their result will be one of the first ones we all look for at 5pm on the day!

We all know why it's been done and the fact it's only FA Cup games, but what relevance is that? It would sure as hell embarrass me if I were invited to play for a club, do loads of publicity, photo shoots, interviews etc. but not actually make an effort to find out anything about the club then have that exposed on national radio.

Hey ho, each to our own I guess.

Do you seriously think Ray Parlour would even give it a second thought it really don't matter what the league is called he got the Wembley F.C. bit right and thats another bit of exposure on national T.V. for the club.

Which, in the longer term, will lead to what exactly duncs?

Trev its got nothing to do with long term but it will give them a much better infrastructure, its a 2 year deal with a no lose situation for Wembley good luck to them, even if it went tets up now they will still have made money out of it and won't harm the clubs reputation in anyway, they are in such a large catchment area they will always have players queing up to play for them.

Thanks duncs for backing my statement,if budweiser walk away in 2 yrs we would've had minimum 50 new balls,4 new kits, training kit,new car park ,a new bar, new team mini bus and the ground re developed.where do we lose?

With reference to the fans turning up,all the training sessions with the ex pros(vets,mercenaries,has beens) whatever you call them have been filmed and go on espn.if people are interested they will come and watch.some people have no vision or imagination.

I hope that the doubters are proved wrong,I hope that this is a boost for the ccl and I also hope that David seaman doesn't take my shirt.

On a personal level I've had a great time! Yesterday I trained with David seamen for 2 1/2 hours an hour of which was 1 on 1,when in my lifetime did I think that would ever happen???? It didn't Finnish well as I let a cross go thru my hands a goal was scored which will go out on espn and I'll look a proper Kent!

Please all try to take the positives from this,wembley have.

Interesting thread. Enjoying your posts Duncs cos I know if this happened at a club you were at you would be raging against it. You talk about players sticking together and being part of it all but then support this nonsense. Am I jealous not in the slightest. Good luck to Wembley cos I like Batesy and always did when I officated him as well as the club but this is all a joke as far as I am concerned.

Thanks duncs for backing my statement,if budweiser walk away in 2 yrs we would've had minimum 50 new balls,4 new kits, training kit,new car park ,a new bar, new team mini bus and the ground re developed.where do we lose?

With reference to the fans turning up,all the training sessions with the ex pros(vets,mercenaries,has beens) whatever you call them have been filmed and go on espn.if people are interested they will come and watch.some people have no vision or imagination.

I hope that the doubters are proved wrong,I hope that this is a boost for the ccl and I also hope that David seaman doesn't take my shirt.

On a personal level I've had a great time! Yesterday I trained with David seamen for 2 1/2 hours an hour of which was 1 on 1,when in my lifetime did I think that would ever happen???? It didn't Finnish well as I let a cross go thru my hands a goal was scored which will go out on espn and I'll look a proper Kent!

Please all try to take the positives from this,wembley have.

So u don't want to play in the fa cup for your team, but play all the league games?

My point exactly!! A little bit of info and you lot jump all over it,Brian has been here years,batesy has played over 800 games for club! Are they gonna let some corporate big wig come and destroy it?

As for the pros playing for the club in the cup,every player knows the risk in staying at the club your shirt maybe taken by an ex pro.if it is for just the fact cup games so be it,we won't win the fa cup but the league is now a realistic shout,Ian's no mug and won't suffer mercenaries! There was 150 trialists in and only 2 come through.

If this whole thing brings 10 extra through your teams gate paying £5 each,having a pint and a burger then that's money you wouldn't have got before this thing happened,its that not a good thing.

I wish people would be see this as a positive thing,yes there is a circus involved but at 35 I'm training with David seaman and loving my football send people want to be down on that then so be it.

Its a shame Pearcey you won't be playing in the FA Cup this season .... ;) !