Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Premier League Table

HKP

I would agree with bobuk on the odds (with maybe Epsom at 3s) and with Dessie regarding the magic word "pressure".

In our programme I have already done an article called "The situation around us" a feww games ago when we were second, relating to the fact that if we were able to get second place we might be able to go up depending on who gets the extra places and where we stand. I wanted to mention it early so our players aren't suddenly surprised or under any extra pressure.

Ultimately though, the best sides actually welcome pressure and thrive on it. You can look at the games played and say there is pressure on Guernsey, but I've lost count of the number of times I've said recently about taking each game one at a time. It may be a cliché but there is no other way of dealing with it and I'm sure Guernsey and South Park, who everyone seems to have forgotten following one narrow defeat, will be doing exactly that.

I do now feel, even this far out from the end of the season that there are only four teams who can win this title and they are the ones I've mentioned above. Yes, there are a few others like Windsor or Cove or Badshot Lea or even Horley who could catch Epsom as any one team can slump suddenly, but if we did, then we'll have dropped more points than we have already, and that would just make the path easier still for Guernsey and Egham.

Methinks Windsor's local rag football writer is on something that I would like some of....

Woodham recently admitted he is already looking forward to next season's championship, claiming Windsor cannot win the title this time around.

But the Stag Meadow side rocketed back into the running for the Combined Counties Premier Division title at the expense of Epsom, ending their impressive 12-match winning run.

It's nice of him to try to drum up a bit of interest in the town, but really....!