Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ex Player watch

Vinny is playing Sunday football

Jonno is at spelthorne

Gavin and Scott are at Godalming I think and

Matt is at Lammas

They left for various reasons as most non league footballers do.

Did I see you ex manager Tommy Williamson is at Carshalton?

Cheers!

Yeah Tommy Williams is now the Carshalton manager. I think he was there as some sort of fitness coach or somthing then he got the managers job.

Vinny is playing Sunday football how old is he now ?

The last we heard, Vinny was playing intermediate football under his first name of John. Such a shame Vinny disappeared so quickly and that he's not playing Saturday football any more.

Yeah i thought he was a good player for you lot.

How old is he now then ?

We would have him down Hanwell Town in a shot.

What about Adam Logie ?

Where is he now ? and why did he leave you lot ?

Savagebee, some of the players you mentioned joined other clubs where a number of ex-Ashford players had settled (as is the case with Godalming Town) and one or two decided to go elsewhere just to have a change. Not sure how old Vinny would be now, but probably not very far into his 30's.

Adam Logie moved to Wealdstone at a time when he was in and out of the side and now plays for Slough Town.

My understanding is that Vinny O'Sullivan gave up Saturday football because of a combination of work commitments and a change in his domestic arrangements.

Just to mention Liam -

who played for the under 15's and is now occasionally turning out for Teddington, in between looking after the lush grounds at the University of Surrey in Guildford and a rare appearance in the Daily Mirror! Thanks to Bob and Bones for the kick-start on that - I have pics I can send on request.

I heard that Doug may not have a Ressie Team after all (under John W's management). Can anyone clarify (Alan or Beano)?

I thought that it had previously been established (after the exodus when Jamie took over), that Vinnie (aka John) was playing at Willesden under his true name. A sad loss of a great talent, IMHO. He was a great servant to ATFC and we never got the chance to show him our respect, after he literally disappeared overnight from the scene. I will always remember bumping (not literally) into him on the Piccadilly line to Hatton Cross, and his cheery smile when our glances met. Lovely guy, good player, and a true gent in the Ashford mould.

Jonno is another lost talent and a very personable bloke. Wasted at Spelthorne, I think.

As for the others, no opinions, except that not long after a collection bucket was passed around for Scott Harris, he simply buggered off to join GOLDmining for the money, I presume.

Well, there you go.

We've moved on with Burge and Batts (finely assisted by Mick Snowden and Ben etc.), and whilst the play-off places may be a big ask this season, maybe next.

Believe. I do.

Edited by Keith B

Keith, you're right about Vinny, except he was playing for Willesden Workingmans in Sunday football.

My understanding is that Paul Johnson's move to Spelthorne is part of his recuperation from an injury and that Bedfont Town do have a Reserve Team, but that the weather has so far prevented Mr Warrington from taking charge of a single game.

Johnno was at our Race Night on Saturday and although I didn't speak to him it appears he is full time employed, with a young child and football has taken a back seat in his current plans.

Vinny is 32 and I think still playing Sundays, nice to see his main FB photo is him in an Ashford shirt.- top man.

SBF

Thanks for all the info great stuff.

Hanwell Towns game got called off today so i ended up going to watch North Greenford United v Godalming Town of all teams and Scott Harris scored one goal for Godalming Town who won four two.

North Greenford United were the better team in the second half in my opinion they just could not put the ball in the back of the net.

Good luck to Byron, who seemed to p*** off a few people when he left us. A good player and decent lad in my opinion.

AFCW have parted company with Rick Wellard, Byron, and Terry Brown, now finding themselves at the bottom of League Two and facing a return to the Conference. Sad, but whoever is running the show needs a new plan.

Cheltenham is another different club to track the progress of, and a reason for Mark Butler to remain positive when he deliberates whether to get back involved in football management. I hope he does. Just don't go anywhere near Pompey.

Edited by Keith B

One you may have all missed in the transfer window, Byron Harrison moved from AFC Wimbledon to Cheltenham Town for an undiscosed fee.

Double the reason to hate Cheltenham now! :P

(...and before we get all the usual to-ing and fro-ing, let's agree to differ, eh lads!)

One move that appears to have slipped under this thread's radar is that Ricky Wellard has moved to Salisbury City (once managed by former Saints Nick Holmes and Tommy Widdrington, Nick living a few miles from where I was brought up and often behind the counter at his family newsagents). Rick's move is reported as being on a permanent basis after a loan spell before Christmas.

Lovely bloke and I wish him well.

I gather their game may be off today, but will follow their results with great interest.

It also seems that Craig Ross is playing quite often for Cambridge United, with the former preferred keeper (Hedge) on the bench.

Edited by Keith B

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who watch Soccer AM will have heard Jamie Lawrence say he is currently playing for Tooting & Mitcham.

Nice to see on our site that Jacob Mingle has returned. I always liked watching him play, even if the red mist occasionally intervened.

Welcome back, Jacob.

Rick Wellard played the full game for Salisbury City away at Havant & Waterlooville against one Christian Nanetti who set up one of the hosts' goals after coming on as sub with about half an hour to go.

Courtesy the NLP.

Brett Johnson is now at Woking and scored in today's game in the second minute against Lincoln City.

Be nice to see him back at the RPS one day.