Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Just got in,1.30am.

Smudge

Switched on my Computer to get up to date results on CCL Action,and what do I read a lot of utter drivel from Faceless individuals.Who I am sure,their main aim is to bring this great site,down to its knees.After all the hard work put in by many posters to build it up,from nothing over the past 3 years.Something needs sorting and fast.

Spent the evening at Feltham v South Kilburn,a match Feltham fully deserved to win 2-0.However the Man of the Match goes to Felthams 17yr old Goalkeeper,who on his debut never put a foot wrong.It was nice to meet Dale again,yes the young lad who gave of his time for Free at 2 Fans Focus matches,he was running the line,and a good game he had as well. Picked up a few snippets of information that I will share with you Tomorrow,that many of you who have visited Guernsey must know about,but are scared to say.THANKS MR.LEWIS GORDON for the lift back Croydon way,it was so kind of you NOT,after many post match drinks shared at The Arena with you and MR C.I wrongly classed you as a Friend,when will I ever get it right?

Switched on my Computer to get up to date results on CCL Action,and what do I read a lot of utter drivel from Faceless individuals.Who I am sure,their main aim is to bring this great site,down to its knees.After all the hard work put in by many posters to build it up,from nothing over the past 3 years.Something needs sorting and fast.

Spent the evening at Feltham v South Kilburn,a match Feltham fully deserved to win 2-0.However the Man of the Match goes to Felthams 17yr old Goalkeeper,who on his debut never put a foot wrong.It was nice to meet Dale again,yes the young lad who gave of his time for Free at 2 Fans Focus matches,he was running the line,and a good game he had as well. Picked up a few snippets of information that I will share with you Tomorrow,that many of you who have visited Guernsey must know about,but are scared to say.THANKS MR.LEWIS GORDON for the lift back Croydon way,it was so kind of you NOT,after many post match drinks shared at The Arena with you and MR C.I wrongly classed you as a Friend,when will I ever get it right?

Come on then what information that many of us who have visited Guernsey must know about but are scared to say?

Now did any of you know, that Referees when visiting the Island,are accomodated in a 5 * Hotel and can take their Wife or Partner along as well,at a very reduced rate.Why should they be any different to anybody else connected to the CCL.

Now did you know,that when Eversley beat Guernsey at Footes Lane,the Officials,Mr Fish in particular,got loudly booed from the Pitch by the large crowd.So much for Guernsey Fans being pleasant good losers.

Now did you know that when Egham visited this year,some Players had to share 3 to a Room,in mould ridden rooms.

Now did you know that when a certain Club tried to book an away trip for 10 people,they were quoted £360 per head.Cheaper to have a Week in Spain

Now did you know that when a Hotel through Guernsey FC complained about Croydon FC's behaviour there.Neither the Hotel nor Guernsey FC were willing or able to produce any written evidence,in front of the CCL Committee of the Complaint made.Strange do you not think,if that was the case why complain in the First place.Yes Croydon had to pay,for the unedible Food provided.

Now did you know,that Epsom and Ewell still play at the Moatside,so dont bother going to High Road Chipstead if you read the Official CCL Website MOATSIDE IS WHERE THEY PLAY,they can update Murrells Musings weekly,but why bother with where 1 of their Member Clubs play

Edited by Smudge

Now did any of you know, that Referees when visiting the Island,are accomodated in a 5 * Hotel and can take their Wife or Partner along as well,at a very reduced rate.Why should they be any different to anybody else connected to the CCL.

Now did you know,that when Eversley beat Guernsey at Footes Lane,the Officials,Mr Fish in particular,got loudly booed from the Pitch by the large crowd.So much for Guernsey Fans being pleasant good losers.

Now did you know that when Egham visited this year,some Players had to share 3 to a Room,in mould ridden rooms.

Now did you know that when a certain Club tried to book an away trip for 10 people,they were quoted £360 per head.Cheaper to have Week in Spain

Now did you know that when a Hotel through Guernsey FC complained about Croydon FC's behaviour there.Neither the Hotel nor Guernsey FC were willing or able to produce any written evidence,in front of the CCL Committee of the Complaint made.Strange do you not think,if that was the case why complain in the First place.Yes Croydon had to pay,for the unedible Food provided.

Oh look. A hornet's nest. I'm off. :bolt:

However, I will add, having spoken to our committee and players that the trip we made to Guernsey last Saturday was excellent.wave%20(2).gif

The cost of travel to Guernsey is high, but that is beyond anyone's control for goodness sake. We are in the hands the Airlines who always seem to charge higher for later bookings. I have found the GFC travel agent to offer competitive prices. As with any travel, you can always book online and see if its cheaper..

For travel to the UK they do offer an "Insurance" if the match is called off before you leave the island. Doubt you will get any airline or Insurance to cover that! I think (but not certain) that the same offer is make to visiting ssupporters who book through the Travel Agency.

Edited by HKP

Now did you know that when a certain Club tried to book an away trip for 10 people,they were quoted £360 per head.Cheaper to have a Week in Spain

Now did you know,that Epsom and Ewell still play at the Moatside,so dont bother going to High Road Chipstead if you read the Official CCL Website MOATSIDE IS WHERE THEY PLAY,they can update Murrells Musings weekly,but why bother with where 1 of their Member Clubs play

Smudge I really do wish that you would find something else to do. I have not seen many moans and groans from visiting sides to the Island, there are some that have had bad experiences I am sure, but the majority seem to have enjoyed their trips. I am also sure that if the main guys at GFC received any kind of complaint regarding the hotel or food then they would have dealt with it and made other arrangements.

This forum is becoming such hard work, people attacking one another or like you just sitting around fishing for bad news to stir up as much sh*t as possible. GFC cannot do anymore and on my visits to all of the away clubs they have all been superb and also could not have done anymore for GFC, so welcoming and friendly. Your continued lines of dross are the only bad thing I have experienced since following the CCL and no matter what your followers say you personally do damage the relationships between clubs and individuals and strain people into biting with your continued negativity. Why not just go away and allow the people who want to enjoy their football and help one another out get on with it in a positive and friendly way

Edited by Guernsey Guru

I have commented before on this, why do you put such a microscope under everything GFC do Smudge? When the fixtures came out the first thing you did was start a topic/conversation on how much of an advantage GFC had, yet failed to mention the run of away matches they had. Why if you are going to do thsi why not play fair and put ALL clubs under the same microscope?

Edited by HKP

A Freebie to Colliers Wood would be just as exciting Chris.How many Fans travelled?

You know bloody well we aint got any fans. That hurt me Smudge!! :P !

Hard enough to get to Chessington let alone somewhere near France! :ph34r:

Like always you criticise my Comments.Well anything connected with Guernsey FC.So you are happy that the Standard in the Priaulx League is like the BIG 2 in Scotland was,only 2 possible winners.With the 2 bottom teams being hammered 14 zip.Your happy that they haven't got enough Officials,to be in charge of these games,your happy that the Toads knocked you out of the Jermie Cup.Your happy with the way a Community Club is not communicating with its community over Ground Grading issues.Your happy with Ormering for advertising to Guernsey Fans,local Pubs to drink at before a game,when Clubs at this level,need every penny they can get.All I can say is you are easily pleased with the good news,but hide from the not so bad.

I have commented before on this, why do you put such a microscope under everything GFC do Smudge? When the fixtures came out the first thing you did was start a topic/conversation on how much of an advantage GFC had, yet failed to mention the run of away matches they had. Why if you are going to do thsi why not play fair and put ALL clubs under the same microscope?

I did Molesey 13 away games on the spin,could find no fault with the others.

Like always you criticise my Comments.Well anything connected with Guernsey FC.So you are happy that the Standard in the Priaulx League is like the BIG 2 in Scotland was,only 2 possible winners.With the 2 bottom teams being hammered 14 zip.Your happy that they haven't got enough Officials,to be in charge of these games,your happy that the Toads knocked you out of the Jermie Cup.Your happy with the way a Community Club is not communicating with its community over Ground Grading issues.Your happy with Ormering for advertising to Guernsey Fans,local Pubs to drink at before a game,when Clubs at this level,need every penny they can get.All I can say is you are easily pleased with the good news,but hide from the not so bad.

Sorry, i should not comment. Sometimes I even agree with you.

I have commented on the Priaulx League elsewhere, pointless posting on here about it as I very much doubt people will be interested! Same with the referee situation. Nothing do do with CCL... if I were to start a topic, then I would be rightly slammed for posting shite.

Toads did not knock my local team out. so not really too bothered. We won in the Muratti so that pleased me.

I am sure when the club can comment they will. They have said they have no further comment to make at the moment.

As for Ormering, I think they do a great job is promoting CCL football with a strong angle on Guernsey. For the record, we also put money behind the bar at every ground we go to. Where we/they spend their money is mine/their business.

Edited by HKP

A very good Friend of mine just phoned me and said Smudge why is it Guernsey always seem to favour a 1pm K.O.when visiting the Mainland.I said they are a decent bunch who want to create more revenue for the Home Club,albeit Ormering.. com send their drinkers to local boozers before the game.His reply,I think that being the Professional Outfit they are,they like a 1 PM K.O.,so that a Member of their Staff can get to a 3 pm K.O.of their next opponents, make a dossier and still make it back to Gatwick for the Flight home.Without missing much of the 1pm action.I just laughed at such a suggestion,he was none to pleased.

And local k/o times are adjusted to suit the visitors, its what we call here looking after your Guests..

A later k/o in the UK would hit the host club as Guernsey people would need to get off quickly to catch the plane home. As long as both clubs are in agreement then I fail to see a problem!

You are the only one that seems to have a real problem with GFC. All other posters on here, especially the ones that are actually involved have only had positive things to say.

Edited by HKP

Glad your Happy Guru,such a courteous warm reply.Would expect nothing else from Guernsey Folk.Did you boo Mr. Fish by any chance?

Smudge. Are you at a game tonight?