Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 9th/10th October

The trouble is that success can go to some Club's heads, I think we've all seen it before and Cockfosters won't be the last example

From what I heard they played well and the score line flattered the opposition. Still, a loss is a loss, no matter how well you play, as I'm painfully aware of tonight!!

Yep it is and we don't seem to lose by less than 4 either even more painful.

Tuesday 9th October

DIVISION ONE

4-1 Amersham Town v Chesham United Reserves

A very good result for Amersham Town with the players they have they should finish mid-table or in the top half of the league this season.

Yep it is and we don't seem to lose by less than 4 either even more painful

Winslow Boy - Are you already resigned to relegation back to Division 2 this season or are you still hopeful that a white knight might miraculously help you between now and Saturday 27 April

Paddy - it was not the football that let cockfosters down it is the fact some of the travelling supporters were abusive to a disabled person and upset them and their family and friends. So regardless of the result or who played the better football is not really the point now it's the fact the someone is has a disability who looks forward to going to the games to help out and be part of something has been torn into by a load of mindless thugs, dicks, small minded mugs. Hope that they never have a child or family member that has a disability. If you want to support that paddy then your a prick and I would be happy to say that to anyone's face.

Cockfosters very ungracious in victory at full time. Sour grapes? Probably but their supporters are currently swearing at our team during their warm down. They will do well this season but will end up the most despised team in the league due to the conduct of their players and supporters. They've currently got one of our young supporters in tears from their behaviour. In all my years watching Spartan football, I've never seen such viscous actions and words from fans. Disgusting from you boys, sorry.

Well done on the 3 points. Decent side and will be top 4.

Cockfosters will be top 4 but i'm with Jonno there conduct was shocking. Never in my time of being involved in non league football have I seen such a blatant disrespect for opposition. They were appalling. I know I've had banter on here but I've lost every respect I once had for that club.

The trouble is that success can go to some Club's heads, I think we've all seen it before and Cockfosters won't be the last example

Paddy - it was not the football that let cockfosters down it is the fact some of the travelling supporters were abusive to a disabled person and upset them and their family and friends. So regardless of the result or who played the better football is not really the point now it's the fact the someone is has a disability who looks forward to going to the games to help out and be part of something has been torn into by a load of mindless thugs, dicks, small minded mugs. Hope that they never have a child or family member that has a disability. If you want to support that paddy then your a prick and I would be happy to say that to anyone's face.

:angry:

Wasnt there so dont know what happend but if whats said above is true it not good for Cockfosters FC.

Well i been to cockforster a few times found the club a nice friendly place and found mr bint and his people a good crowd so dont think they would be cockforsters supporters

Fair play.

Well i been to cockforster a few times found the club a nice friendly place and found mr bint and his people a good crowd so dont think they would be cockforsters supporters am no prick lol

When I was there recently they were all about 60 and pleasant but I'm guessing you weren't at the game in question and doesn't seem like Jonno and others would

Make it up. So prob best for those there to comment and sort it out and others not there can't really say owt

I cant say Mr. Bint was imaculate in what he does as always but it was a small group of fans who embarressed themselves massively, which let the committee and the club down. Yeah I have slated Hoddesdon because there are people at the club that I dont like, but what I know now is Cockfosters shouldn't be verbally bullying a young disabled kid like there in a school playground. So Paddy get your facts right I comment on what i see and will say to anyones face that there a prick for doing it.

I cant say Mr. Bint was imaculate in what he does as always but it was a small group of fans who embarressed themselves massively, which let the committee and the club down. Yeah I have slated Hoddesdon because there are people at the club that I dont like, but what I know now is Cockfosters shouldn't be verbally bullying a young disabled kid like there in a school playground. So Paddy get your facts right I comment on what i see and will say to anyones face that there a prick for doing it.

Hopefully Cockfosters will produce names for Hoddesfon and the poor kid can pursue charges of abusive and threatening behaviour if that is what occurred.

Hopefully Cockfosters will produce names for Hoddesfon and the poor kid can pursue charges of abusive and threatening behaviour if that is what occurred.

Don't hold your breath

but it was a small group of fans who embarressed themselves massively, which let the committee and the club down. Yeah I have slated Hoddesdon because there are people at the club that I dont like, but what I know now is Cockfosters shouldn't be verbally bullying a young disabled kid like there in a school playground.

That is terrible there is no place for that in Non-League Football or anywhere to be honest.

Those twats are a disgrace.

Tuesday 9th October

DIVISION ONE

0-5 Winslow United v London Lions

A brief report from another Forum:

One of the closer floodlit grounds I needed, so off it was to

Spartan South Midlands Div 1

Winslow United 0 London Lions 5

Admission £3

Programme £1

Att 51 (h/c)

Easy to find the ground (sat nav and floodlights always help!) but less easy to find the entrance.

Pleasant setting, fully railed, one beloved small stand and a clubhouse - perfectly adequate, and adjacent to the cricket pitch

This was 20th v 3rd (out of 21), so the away win was not surprising, but the margin of victory flattered the visitors who took 30 minutes to score the first goal, and it was 70 minutes before the third goal went in. 2 goals in the last 3 minutes boosted my goals tally.

Programme had all the important bits of info and was well laid out