Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures - 9th/10th October

Tuesday 9th October

DIVISION ONE

1-4 New Bradwell St Peter v Crawley Green

A brief report on this one from another Forum although they appear to have missed New Bradwell St Peter's goal:

New Bradwell St.Peter 0 Crawley Green 4 South Midlands League Division 1

Admission Free, Prog.2 quid, Att.25ish

Straight forward away win for the visitors although New Bradwell had 4 or 5 good chances during the first half when only 1-0 down.

Decent sized cover on the halfway line with changing room block opposite. Clubhouse and car park are set back from the pitch.

Yes S.Bee, decent performance by your guys, your first goal gave you confidence and put your tails up and your first half performance was nothing other than I had expected. Indeed I let our players know in the team talk you are a decent side and like to play football at high pace and along the deck - not unlike ourselves I would claim. Our chat at halftime was not only about believing in our qualities and to have a right go, but to exploit an expected air of complacency from the Hanwell players. Maybe we got that right, and for the first 20 minutes of the second half you were chasing shadows.

As for the BJ comment, I would ask others to put themselves in his shoes, size 10 by the way. He is now an established and prolific scorer in the Prem, and in virtually every game this season he is being singled out for rough treatment by opposition players. Last night was no different, and whilst I will not deny he will exagerate the pain and probably go down easy, this in my eyes is totally understandable and at least alerts the officials to the fact that protection is needed when talented players are singled out. Rose tinted glasses you may think, but if you have a player of that ilk and you constantly seem them roughed up, then maybe you would begin to understand.

To end on a good note, in my opinion this was a great game of football and advert for South Midlands football. Both teams played open attacking football, at pace and along the deck. On this performance I think Hanwell can beat any other Prem team, and will end up in the top 8 no problem. I would be interested to hear comment from anyone who was at the game.

Final comment. Your physio is fit by the way ! :rolleyes:

Why didn't Hemel give him a go out of interest? Seemed like he never got much of a crack at it! Or didn't he like it?

Why didn't Hemel give him a go out of interest? Seemed like he never got much of a crack at it! Or didn't he like it?

Seem to recall it was dual registration, got the impression the other day when OD's mentioned one of their players turning down £120 a week it was Christie and Hemel, but could be way off.

Tuesday 9 October

Premier Division

1-4 Berkhamsted v Haringey Borough

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=861581&conf=&div=

2-1 Biggleswade United v Hatfield Town

3-2 Colney Heath v Hertford Town

3-2 Harefield United v Hillingdon Borough

1-5 Holmer Green v London Colney

2-0 St Margaretsbury v Tring Athletic

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1922

2-1 Stotfold v Hadley

Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy Preliminary Round

3-6 Sandhurst Town v Aylesbury United

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/lastmatch

Division One

4-1 Amersham Town v Chesham United Reserves

http://www.amershamtownfc.co.uk/club/68166/Matches/report

1-1 Cranfield United v Buckingham Athletic

2-3 Hoddesdon Town v Cockfosters

http://www.hoddesdontownfc.co.uk/1st%20XI%202011%2012.htm

1-3 Langford v Codicote

http://www.codicotefc.co.uk/1stteam/reports/codicote-vs-langfordaway.html

1-4 New Bradwell St Peter v Crawley Green

0-5 Winslow United v London Lions

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/winslowutd/news/winslow-united-0-london-lion-693358.html

http://www.londonlions.com/view_far.php?id=4500&Team_id=22&played=yes&Type=1

Wednesday 10 October

Premier Division

3-2 AFC Dunstable v Hanwell Town

South Midlands Floodlit Cup (Senior Section) First Round

0-3 AFC Biggleswade v Broxbourne Borough

Yes S.Bee, decent performance by your guys, your first goal gave you confidence and put your tails up and your first half performance was nothing other than I had expected. Indeed I let our players know in the team talk you are a decent side and like to play football at high pace and along the deck - not unlike ourselves I would claim. Our chat at halftime was not only about believing in our qualities and to have a right go, but to exploit an expected air of complacency from the Hanwell players. Maybe we got that right, and for the first 20 minutes of the second half you were chasing shadows.

As for the BJ comment, I would ask others to put themselves in his shoes, size 10 by the way. He is now an established and prolific scorer in the Prem, and in virtually every game this season he is being singled out for rough treatment by opposition players. Last night was no different, and whilst I will not deny he will exagerate the pain and probably go down easy, this in my eyes is totally understandable and at least alerts the officials to the fact that protection is needed when talented players are singled out. Rose tinted glasses you may think, but if you have a player of that ilk and you constantly seem them roughed up, then maybe you would begin to understand.

To end on a good note, in my opinion this was a great game of football and advert for South Midlands football. Both teams played open attacking football, at pace and along the deck. On this performance I think Hanwell can beat any other Prem team, and will end up in the top 8 no problem. I would be interested to hear comment from anyone who was at the game.

Final comment. Your physio is fit by the way ! :rolleyes:

you wait till you see our physio lol

Enfield Til It Died - I'm only telling a few home truths which members don't like to hear, that's another thing as we're afraid to say boo to a goose nowadays whereas constructive criticism used to be the norm and was taken on the chin without the risk of abuse or violence wasn't it

Cockfosters very ungracious in victory at full time. Sour grapes? Probably but their supporters are currently swearing at our team during their warm down. They will do well this season but will end up the most despised team in the league due to the conduct of their players and supporters. They've currently got one of our young supporters in tears from their behaviour. In all my years watching Spartan football, I've never seen such viscous actions and words from fans. Disgusting from you boys, sorry.

Well done on the 3 points. Decent side and will be top 4.

After the above rant that i posted after our game on Tuesday night, I feel it's only right and proper that i update you all on the situation.

This morning, our chairman recieved a phone call from the secretary of Cockfosters. They were most apologetic regarding the events that occurred on Tuesday night and horrified to hear about what had gone on, particularly the actions from a section of their travelling supporters and the chairman had asked the secretary to call out chairman and put things right.

They also requested the name of our young supporter (who as others have pointed out on here, has a disability and learning difficulties) so that they could write to him personally and offer their apologies for any distress he suffered as a result of Cockfosters supporters actions towards him.

Furthermore, they insisted they would pay for the damage caused when one particular visitong fan ripped of an advertising board from the perimeter fence around the pitch.

Finally, he was informed that the main protagonist in all this, a Cockfosters supporter and parent of one of their players, will shortly be asked not to attend any more Cockfosters fixtures, home or away, due to his persistent poor behaviour at matches, which the club are finding a constant source of embarrassment.

So there you have it. My faith in Cockfosters and the people who run the club is restored. Having visited their club many times over the last 15 years, I have never found them anything less than a good, decent club. And the full and frank apology to our chairman shows that they know the difference between right and wrong. I just hope that their new influx of players, and the supporters that they bring, do not further smear the name of a good club with excellent history.

Well done to the Cockfosters chairman and his committee, I applaud your honesty, decency and strength to stand up to those harming your clubs good name.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Jonno

They also requested the name of our young supporter (who as others have pointed out on here, has a disability and learning difficulties) so that they could write to him personally and offer their apologies for any distress he suffered as a result of Cockfosters supporters actions towards him.

Jonno – What good will writing a letter do, the damage has already been done

TringArmy - Well I hope the letter is accompanied by a Club cheque, that might go some way to making amends

So there you have it. My faith in Cockfosters and the people who run the club is restored

Jonno – You’re far too forgiving

Seem to recall it was dual registration, got the impression the other day when OD's mentioned one of their players turning down £120 a week it was Christie and Hemel, but could be way off.

What you say is correct, including the £120. The truth is BJ still has the offer to play at Hemel (or Hitchen, Leighton or Dunstable), but has chosen to show loyalty to AFC, mainly because he loves playing for the club and being with the players. We have 3 other players who have done likewise, they are all great mates and all have showed incredible loyalty, and we are very lucky to still have them.

TW@T

When is this tool going to be banned?

30,624 posts says NEVER!

Im afraid!

The truth is BJ still has the offer to play at Hemel (or Hitchen, Leighton or Dunstable), but has chosen to show loyalty to AFC, mainly because he loves playing for the club and being with the players. We have 3 other players who have done likewise, they are all great mates and all have showed incredible loyalty, and we are very lucky to still have them.

Players like that are rare.

Jonno – You’re far too forgiving

Now now Clifford, don't be silly. An apology goes a long way in my book. Call me old fashioned but when somebody tries to right a wrong, you have to applaud them. Cockfosters are dealing with the issues, where as many clubs wouldn't even bother.

you wait till you see our physio lol

I have, and if it was marks out of ten, I would give her one....in a complementory way of course! :wub: