Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dreadful decision by Rotherham Borough Council

Eastside, you are correct.

I have personally known of people deemed too ill to work (bad leg/bad hand etc.) get benefits and spend all day in the pub.

Nothing wrong with their leg or hand - they can walk to and from the bar and handle their pint glass just fine...

That sounds like a good idea, but changing the National Curriculum will be shouted out by the Unions.

Absolute nonsense, the unions have not only the best interests of their member at the top of their priorities, but also the education of the children they are paid to teach. Most teachers are also parents as well you know.

This obsession with anything that you believe to have some kind of left wing bias is becoming rather worrying, and beginning to destroy the credibility of your posts that are often reasonably intelligent.

Really, Alan? Or do the Unions just do as they are told?

I recall in school, my old (and she was old - almost a fossil!) teacher falling out with a pupil's parents when they asked why creative writing was not part of the English class. Her response was 'we do as the Curriculum says, and if it says no then we don't and won't do it.' They argued about it, and in the end she said 'I DECIDE AND TO BE QUITE HONEST I'D RATHER NOT HAVE YOUR ****ING SON IN MY CLASS AS HE NEVER LISTENS!'

That pupil is now a song-writer in London, no thanks to the teacher or school in general who deemed him (like me) 'problematic' as we both dared to answer back and use our own intelligence.

I can only speak as I find, Alan, but most lefties in society cause trouble - whether it's Political Correctness or telling us what to think/believe or whatever.

I find some of your comments worrying too at times, but I believe in each to their own. You believe in what you want to and I will do the same.

Really, Alan? Or do the Unions just do as they are told?

I recall in school, my old (and she was old - almost a fossil!) teacher falling out with a pupil's parents when they asked why creative writing was not part of the English class. Her response was 'we do as the Curriculum says, and if it says no then we don't and won't do it.' They argued about it, and in the end she said 'I DECIDE AND TO BE QUITE HONEST I'D RATHER NOT HAVE YOUR ****ING SON IN MY CLASS AS HE NEVER LISTENS!'

That pupil is now a song-writer in London, no thanks to the teacher or school in general who deemed him (like me) 'problematic' as we both dared to answer back and use our own intelligence.

I can only speak as I find, Alan, but most lefties in society cause trouble - whether it's Political Correctness or telling us what to think/believe or whatever.

I find some of your comments worrying too at times, but I believe in each to their own. You believe in what you want to and I will do the same.

Oh dear, I think I need a rather large drink.

Make mine a Magners :)

Just had some Old Hooky at The Fountain Inn - absolute class on a cold sunny day :)

It's sunny here in Gloucester.

Sunny here in Leafy Dorking, so I might venture out for a lunch-time pint.

(I am retired, so I reckon that makes it OK with you guys !!)