Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dreadful decision by Rotherham Borough Council

We do have a lot of incompetent 'leaders' here in the UK, Basil, and yes a lot of our problems are of our own making.

However, it is the EU which makes up most of our national laws. We're the only country to pay on time and obey the rules - as you've mentioned, France and Germany flout the rules they make. However if the UK chooses to ignore the rules, we're instantly slapped down.

It's one rule for the UK, another rule for France, Germany etc. No level playing field at all (and you can't blame the recent bad weather for it either!)

Smudge, BECAUSE I AM PROUD TO BE GREAT BRITISH - THIS IS MY COUNTRY, A COUNTRY I LOVE DEARLY.

Emigrate? To ad-lib Iron Maiden 'These Colours Don't Run!' Stand and fight, don't give in and never back down.

Smudge, BECAUSE I AM PROUD TO BE GREAT BRITISH - THIS IS MY COUNTRY, A COUNTRY I LOVE DEARLY.

Apart from Rotherham Council, lefties, some immigrants and ethnic minorities, the Labour/Conservative/Lib/Dem Parties,Harriet Harman, Europhiles, multiculturalism, the welfare system (post 64) wheelchair users and mentally ill people that don't work, and even poor old Forest Green Rovers.

Not much point in emigrating to Europe, but I understand the Sahara Desert has plenty of sand to bury your head in.

They can leave, Alan, I'm staying put :)

I'm only sorry that not more people are proud of this great country. Churchill would turn in his grave...

Edited by The Mayor Of Simpleton

I'm proud of being English, British and European. I think the perception of what Europe is all about has been hijacked by some tabloid newspapers and that it's nowhere near as bad as they would have you believe. I'm sure I've read a number of times that over 40% of UK trade is with the EU and as I work for a Dutch company, I'm glad from a personal perspective to be European. That's one of the reasons that I'm not keen on UKIP as a party, but I really believe that they are not the same as the Nazi party and I suspect that come the next general election, a lot of their support will disappear as it's no longer a protest vote. You would need to know the personal circumstances behind this couple for suitability for being foster parents, but I don't think membership of UKIP is enough IMO.

I'm proud of being English, British and European. I think the perception of what Europe is all about has been hijacked by some tabloid newspapers and that it's nowhere near as bad as they would have you believe. I'm sure I've read a number of times that over 40% of UK trade is with the EU and as I work for a Dutch company, I'm glad from a personal perspective to be European. That's one of the reasons that I'm not keen on UKIP as a party, but I really believe that they are not the same as the Nazi party and I suspect that come the next general election, a lot of their support will disappear as it's no longer a protest vote. You would need to know the personal circumstances behind this couple for suitability for being foster parents, but I don't think membership of UKIP is enough IMO.

im not proud of being British, neither am i proud of being European,white,right handed or hetrosexual i havent 'achieved' any of these things so i fail to see how i could be proud of being them.

Why exactly cant 'a man stand alone',never seen the point of 'groups' or the herd mentality people who have to validate themselves by membership of a group tend to

have something lacking.

im not proud of being British, neither am i proud of being European,white,right handed or hetrosexual i havent 'achieved' any of these things so i fail to see how i could be proud of being them.

Why exactly cant 'a man stand alone',never seen the point of 'groups' or the herd mentality people who have to validate themselves by membership of a group tend to

have something lacking.

I'm proud to be a grand-dad, and when I go abroad and witness the way my fellow Brits behave I'm ashamed to be English.

Have to say I agree there, Alan, and on nights out in most towns and cities you can be forgiven for thinking 'Yegods!'

On the whole, we are not a bad nation. You will get a few bad eggs, yes, but the vast majority of people here are a credit to Great Britain.

Have to say I agree there, Alan, and on nights out in most towns and cities you can be forgiven for thinking 'Yegods!'

On the whole, we are not a bad nation. You will get a few bad eggs, yes, but the vast majority of people here are a credit to Great Britain.

Society wasn't built on individuals, it was built on teamwork. Do agree with certain brits abroad though.

Well said Simon, unfortunately Thatchers greed is good philosophy destroyed so much of what was good in our country. We now live in a society where footballers, bankers, captains of industry etc have wealth beyond most of our imagination, while so many hard working people on poverty wages and pensioners have to choose between staying warm or eating.

When I was growing up there always seemed to be a more equal distribution of the countries wealth, and IMO the UK and society in general was all the better for it.

Well said Simon, unfortunately Thatchers greed is good philosophy destroyed so much of what was good in our country. We now live in a society where footballers, bankers, captains of industry etc have wealth beyond most of our imagination, while so many hard working people on poverty wages and pensioners have to choose between staying warm or eating.

When I was growing up there always seemed to be a more equal distribution of the countries wealth, and IMO the UK and society in general was all the better for it.

the working people of this Country get what they deserve- fck all,most of them are tabloid reading morons glued to the X factor or whatever such nonsense,wealth distribution? most are more concerned about which footballer is screwing which pop star this week.you can give the British working class the chance to educate themselves and most will run a mile.the majority are happy to forever remain peasants with their lottery,tabloid press and celebrity gossip.

Basil-don,couldn't agree more.

The working class ask for chance after chance and when given it are nowhere to be seen,preferring the easy option.

Society was great in the 70's then under a labour government,at least thatcher grew this country some balls again,even if only until that muppet major got into power.

Basil-don,couldn't agree more.

The working class ask for chance after chance and when given it are nowhere to be seen,preferring the easy option.

Society was great in the 70's then under a labour government,at least thatcher grew this country some balls again,even if only until that muppet major got into power.

Most sensible people would consider mini cab drivers like yourself to be working class, what makes you think you are different?

I don't class myself,I am just a normal working man who goes to work,pays his taxes and feeds and clothes his family.

If others want to class themselves then so be it but not for me.

Anyone who wants a hand out seems to class themselves as working class though,until it suits them otherwise.

Edited by Eastside Urchin

I don't class myself,I am just a normal working man who goes to work,pays his taxes and feeds and clothes his family.

Anyone who wants a hand out seems to class themselves as working class though,until it suits them otherwise.

So presumably you turned down your child benefit?

Are you saying that when you was unemployed you never claimed benefits to support your family?