Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dreadful decision by Rotherham Borough Council

Only an idiot would not claim unemployment benefit while out of work,what's the point in paying your stamp for 10-15 years if you don't get some benefit when you lose your job,wouldnt call it a hand out,just something back for the taxes we pay.although I struggle to see how that has anything to do with it.

As for child benefit,yes we receive it,although I don't ask for a handout,its awarded to you and I will take it like millions of others too,once again loosely,you are missing my point,which is the feral,feckless and downright lazy are the ones who constantly claim,knowing full well they just have to act the idiot not to go back to work,there's plenty of them.

Child Benefit is a handout for people who can't pay for their own children, otherwise why take it. Kind of disproves your own point about handouts.

Having just checked, Child Benefit has to be applied for, it isn't just "awarded". So you obviously made a conscious decision to gain it not just have it turn up.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/start/claiming/how-to-claim.htm

Edited by Loose

The problem is that this Government hand-out is abused left, right and centre.

I have seen families in Cwmbran (where I grew up) who openly admit having five, six, seven children etc. just so that they can get money from the Government. These people will never do a days work in their lives, and possibly nor will their children unless they get smart and work hard so that they can get out of that environment and thrive in the real world.

I'm not as blinkered as to believe that the same doesn't happen in nicer, more affluent areas, and however you look at it these people are leeches. Literally leeches - they feed off the taxes paid in by you and I year in year out. As a result of these people not working, my tax and others goes up year on year.

I have said before (and been shouted down for it) that if a couple have a child then that child should get the full payment; a second child would be half payment; a third child would get half of the second - any more and you fund them yourself. If you want children, you need to be able to pay for them - you wouldn't, for example, buy a car (or at least put a down payment on it) and then not be able to fund it (tax, MOT, insurance, fuel etc.)

That is where I get annoyed with people not planning or expecting the state to solve all their problems. The state should operate like a referee in a rugby or football match and not get involved unless it absolutely has to. If you step in a dog turd, don't expect me to wipe your boots clean!

Only an idiot would not claim unemployment benefit while out of work,what's the point in paying your stamp for 10-15 years if you don't get some benefit when you lose your job,wouldnt call it a hand out,just something back for the taxes we pay.although I struggle to see how that has anything to do with it.

As for child benefit,yes we receive it,although I don't ask for a handout,its awarded to you and I will take it like millions of others too,once again loosely,you are missing my point,which is the feral,feckless and downright lazy are the ones who constantly claim,knowing full well they just have to act the idiot not to go back to work,there's plenty of them.

There's also millions of people on poverty pay or unemployment benefit who would love to earn a proper living wage, and look forward to a dignified retirement without being a burden on their children. Unfortunately people like you who despise the trade union movement, who where formed to alleviate poverty are quite happy to vote for a party that favours the already privileged as long as you think that everything is OK in your own little world.

When you and your generation have to work into your seventies and have only poverty to look forward to when you can no longer work, you may well look back and think how wrong you where.

Why should parents receive any benefit for the children they choose to have? Surely they should make the decision based on what they can afford and not be an additional burden on the tax system. Ridiculous tbh and another reason why people suddenly become a bit fact blind when criticising the benefit system and claimants.

Who says I will have to work into my seventies?

Loosely,they write to you,tell you you are entitled to child benefit,when those that don't deserve it get it to live off because they can't e arsed to go to work then why shouldn't we apply for it,as Asda says,every little helps.

Loosely,they write to you,tell you you are entitled to child benefit,when those that don't deserve it get it to live off because they can't e arsed to go to work then why shouldn't we apply for it,as Asda says,every little helps.

Yes and you have to apply for it if you want it. As far as I'm concerned it's people admitting that they can't manage and didn't budget to afford their own children. Less people using a crutch means less burden on the taxpayer, every little helps.

Oh well,I may not be able to sleep tonight now.

Cool. You were the one criticising people on benefits. If the truth hurts etc etc.

Perhaps stay out of the kitchen EU if you are going to be using childish arguments eh?

Ha ha mug.

Dear dear Lucy,you do have a way of twisting things to suit your views etc,no wonder you and Alan are in said kitchen together.

Perhaps you should of stayed away from playing with the big boys in sunny Bedfordshire.

EU, you claimed that Benefit claimants were some sort of parasites, and then you admitted to being a benefit claimant. Perhaps you need some coaching from the "big boys from Beds". Perhaps.

Anyone who is in their early forties who are lucky to be in a final salary pension scheme would need about £400,000 in their pension pot to achieve a reasonable living pension of £20,000pa if they hope to retire in their sixties. With the demise of final salary pensions the situation is far worse, and almost impossible to predict, regardless of how much money you pay into a private pension.

Assuming you have aspirations to own your own property one day thats an awful lot of money to earn from a mini cab business.

IMO collective bargaining through trade union membership has been far more beneficial to my family than the greed and selfishness of the philosophy you live your life by.

Twisting words,I never said I wanted a hand out,I just take what I am entitled to.Bit of a difference old boy,say hi to the big boys in beds.

But you applied for your benefit, you actually asked for it. Do you really know what you are talking about. Perhaps you have early onset dementia. Best get along to the docs soonish.

Mug. Lol.

The problem is that this Government hand-out is abused left, right and centre.

I have seen families in Cwmbran (where I grew up) who openly admit having five, six, seven children etc. just so that they can get money from the Government. These people will never do a days work in their lives, and possibly nor will their children unless they get smart and work hard so that they can get out of that environment and thrive in the real world.

I'm not as blinkered as to believe that the same doesn't happen in nicer, more affluent areas, and however you look at it these people are leeches. Literally leeches - they feed off the taxes paid in by you and I year in year out. As a result of these people not working, my tax and others goes up year on year.

I have said before (and been shouted down for it) that if a couple have a child then that child should get the full payment; a second child would be half payment; a third child would get half of the second - any more and you fund them yourself. If you want children, you need to be able to pay for them - you wouldn't, for example, buy a car (or at least put a down payment on it) and then not be able to fund it (tax, MOT, insurance, fuel etc.)

That is where I get annoyed with people not planning or expecting the state to solve all their problems. The state should operate like a referee in a rugby or football match and not get involved unless it absolutely has to. If you step in a dog turd, don't expect me to wipe your boots clean!

As you call yourself a christian, can you please try and explain why an innocent child should live in dire poverty just because they they was unfortunate to be the offspring of irresponsible parents?

If the god that you worship considers it acceptable for a child born into poverty is deprived of equal opportunities in life due to an accident of birth, then I am forever grateful to be a confirmed atheist, and not a fascist.

Edited by missunderstood

If looking after my family is selfish,then guilty as charged.

Lucy,go to bed,take some horlicks with you.

But you're not looking after your family are you? No, you're taking help.

Mug, hahaha.

It bothers you that much that first thing before you go to bed you check to see if I have replied and when you wake up.

Quite a sad individual,especially for someone who actually has no affiliation to any football club on here,would suggest you actually get a life,at least you and your new friend are getting on famously.

Ps,not taking help,just taking what's legally mine,if every other person,including those considerably richer than me can get a bit of money back from the government then what's the issue.You seem to be confusing (out of ignorance obviously),what I originally said,with what I actually meant but that's your choice.

Anyway,anyone who gets striped up for thousands by a known conman is a fckng mug in my book.

It bothers you that much that first thing before you go to bed you check to see if I have replied and when you wake up.

Quite a sad individual,especially for someone who actually has no affiliation to any football club on here,would suggest you actually get a life,at least you and your new friend are getting on famously.

Ps,not taking help,just taking what's legally mine,if every other person,including those considerably richer than me can get a bit of money back from the government then what's the issue.You seem to be confusing (out of ignorance obviously),what I originally said,with what I actually meant but that's your choice.

Anyway,anyone who gets striped up for thousands by a known conman is a fckng mug in my book.

Wow, it's really touched a nerve that you've been pointed out for the hypocrite you are. First you have a go at benefit claimants and then you get all precious when it is pointed out that you are one.

For the record I am affiliated with a team. That's why I keep it quiet because [****!!****]ers like you will then troll them. To think you are an overblown hall monitor on this site yourself. Something to not take seriously.

Mug. ROFL.