Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game OFF

Ryan.c

The BBC are supposed to be impartial but they lost that tag years ago when the supported the lies (and in fact provided some themselves) over the so called global warming.

If it was me, if he came down for the ground for the re arranged game (or for any game), I wouldn't let him into the ground. Or I'll take away his equipment and tell him to use pen and paper like a proper 'hack'.

This league is a nightmare for idiots that don't have the common sense they were born with. Dover, Chelmsford and now Farnborough... Ha!!!

In a former life, I had some experience of tv news reporters including the BBC. Trust me, they will cut, paste and edit to ensure a "bit of controversy" and make their piece "lively"

That was a classic set up - get Craig on first and then let Farnborough have the last word ( and therefore unchallenged)

Farnborough must now be a propa big club if BBC Surrey are following a team from Hampshire! (which highlights the lack of media interest in our own club, but that's another story).

Quite how Spender 'what's his latest name' is getting his knickers in a twist I just don't know. Was the pitch waterlogged? No. Was there any standing water? No. Was the pitch frozen/baked? No. Obstacles on the pitch? No. Wrong size? No. Was it muddy? Yes! After weeks and weeks and weeks of rain that must've come as a massive shock to him and the referee!

The league should be telling ref's to get games on, even if the pitch isn't conducive to the type of free flowing passing football that Farnborough obviously play. It's mud for fecks sake! We now face the prospect of 1 home game in 7 weeks. Financially that's got to be a nightmare.

Spencer Day is a complete mug. His answers in that interview seem contrived and pre-meditated. They didn't want the game on and that is that. Ban the bbc Surrey bloke as well because he twisted everything and has shown how unprofessional he is at his jobs. Farnborough on this evidence are anti-football and I can't wait for when they come down here next time because let's face it, the pitch will most likely be worse.

Has anyone had a glimpse of the Mansfield pitch in the FA Cup high lights? Pretty muddy... Obviously Farnborough are now above the professional game

As soon as i saw their pitch i felt like sending the video to the BBC Urghhhhhhh

Just been told this is being played 15 Jan.

Really surprised by this - would have thought the break between now and the 26th would have really helped the pitch.

Suppose it's a question of bringing some money in ASAP. Presume we'll be using the old programme as I can't see people having any time coming back from Truro.

COYB!

FA rules state that the referee has a duty of care to the players, and they are liable to legal action if a player gets injured on a dangerous pitch. Its also FA protocol that the referee inspects the pitch without either manager so they don't try and influence his decision. A signed disclaimer from the players wouldn't be worth the paper its written on because it would be argued that it was signed under duress.

FA rules state that the referee has a duty of care to the players, and they are liable to legal action if a player gets injured on a dangerous pitch.

Got to be more too it than that in this recent case, otherwise the ref in out home game v. Chelmo would never have run the risk just to keep the fan's/clubs happy?

FA rules state that the referee has a duty of care to the players, and they are liable to legal action if a player gets injured on a dangerous pitch. Its also FA protocol that the referee inspects the pitch without either manager so they don't try and influence his decision. A signed disclaimer from the players wouldn't be worth the paper its written on because it would be argued that it was signed under duress.

Dangerous pitch ? It was bloody muddy !

Dangerous pitch ? It was bloody muddy !

As thousands of other games have been called of because the referee has considered a waterlogged or muddy pitch to be dangerous a precedent has been made which is partly what British law is based on. I don't understand why supporters who would expect their own place of work to be safe, consider it OK for their players to risk serious injury doing a part time job, in an industry where the majority of employers at non league level don't even provide loss of earnings insurance.