Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

games tues 29th jan.

Hamon and Dodd played very well for Guernsey.

Bit of a CCL whos who in attendance in poor conditions but pitch was excellent and true.

First half a bit of a non event but second half much livelier.

Deserved win for Epsom and 2nd goal superb.

Treacherous drop down back to Sutton but superb dinner when I got in while watching Welsh Cup highlights on some awful pitches.

Match Programme a real labour of love and a great read!

All in all, glad I went.

Hope to have an announcement re Wibbandune in next 7 days btw!

Thanks Chris. Obviously it is tailored towards our home supporterrs, but I try to make sure that there is plenty in there that will interest the neutral and if you love your non-league history, then that's a bonus!

Good luck with the ground.

Goin forward I would expect tariff to retire in the next season or 2 and then James will take over as no.1.

That's assuming he sticks with football and hasn't moved to the uk to progress it further.

I'm not so sure. Tardif is 31/32 ish which is young for a goalkeeper. They go on until their late 30s at the very top level and a lot of players play until even older in the lower leagues.

Hope hamon gets more chances though as he is very promsing. Very good last night. Hope he gets his pro football dream

I went to the match last night to support the 3rd team out there....

Was a decent game considering the weather and must say an excellent programme.

Now I am not trying to take over from TRS but i took a couple of vids more for the sake of the referee whom I used to mentor and I managed to capture the 2nd goal....

Here it is

I went to the match last night to support the 3rd team out there....

Was a decent game considering the weather and must say an excellent programme.

Now I am not trying to take over from TRS but i took a couple of vids more for the sake of the referee whom I used to mentor and I managed to capture the 2nd goal....

Here it is

3rd team????

Did you pay Epsom & Ewell for permission to film the game ;)

Edited by Green Lion

I'm not so sure. Tardif is 31/32 ish which is young for a goalkeeper. They go on until their late 30s at the very top level and a lot of players play until even older in the lower leagues.

Hope hamon gets more chances though as he is very promsing. Very good last night. Hope he gets his pro football dream

From what I've heard he has been on the verge o retiring the past couple of seasons and so I highly doubt he will be there too much longer.

He has a young family and a time consuming job from what I've heard. Which is why he doesn't play midweek games at the moment.

There were a number of players either injured or carrying injuries. With the run of games we have coming up it was a good oppurtunity to give some players some experience. Before Saturday when we pikced up another couple of injuries we were down to 17/18 fit players.

lol, your DOWN to 17/18 players,sorry Jade its hard to feel sorry for you,Epsom had to stop running there reserve and youth teams this season because of the costs,they've only got 18 players available when everyone is fit, by the way while Im on,do any more Guernsey fans want to mention the fact that they didn't have a full strength side out last night,LoL xx

Re. Guernsey keepers - what's happened to Paul de Garis who played in goal when we played Guernsey? He was a decent keeper and a good lad as well. Based on the one time I've seen him play I'd say he'd comfortably get in most other CCL sides.

lol, your DOWN to 17/18 players,sorry Jade its hard to feel sorry for you,Epsom had to stop running there reserve and youth teams this season because of the costs,they've only got 18 players available when everyone is fit, by the way while Im on,do any more Guernsey fans want to mention the fact that they didn't have a full strength side out last night,LoL xx

Me please !

From what I've heard he has been on the verge o retiring the past couple of seasons and so I highly doubt he will be there too much longer.

He has a young family and a time consuming job from what I've heard. Which is why he doesn't play midweek games at the moment.

Ideal then. He plays the Saturdays, give Hamon the midweek aways - there are plenty of them, when you factor in the fact the Guernsey cannot play at home in midweek and there will be cup games too.

There were a number of players either injured or carrying injuries. With the run of games we have coming up it was a good oppurtunity to give some players some experience. Before Saturday when we pikced up another couple of injuries we were down to 17/18 fit players.

But Jade, Vance has the whole of Guernsey Island to choose from !!! Remember its your National team so how can GFC have 17-18 fit players ?

But Jade, Vance has the whole of Guernsey Island to choose from !!! Remember its your National team so how can GFC have 17-18 fit players ?

You make it sound like it's huge. It's population is a bit more than Farnborough.

You make it sound like it's huge. It's population is a bit more than Farnborough.

Yes that's right - and go within a 30 mile radius and it is much smaller than any club in the CCL I would guess - plus it is NOT a national side (not that it is relevant) but I guess Bad Boy was saying that very much tongue in cheek - from what I have read of him he knows his stuff surely?

Also I agree with Smudge that the officials were first class - although credit should go to both teams for the way they conducted themselves in very trying conditions.

Re. Guernsey keepers - what's happened to Paul de Garis who played in goal when we played Guernsey? He was a decent keeper and a good lad as well. Based on the one time I've seen him play I'd say he'd comfortably get in most other CCL sides.

Decent keeper but ultimately not better than tardiff. Plus he is older so doesn't have that on his side. Probably wouldn't have played at all if tardiff travelled to all the away games.

Hamon is the future assuming he carries on.

Probably as not every player who plays in Guernsey has signed on for GFC, players need to sign on and also attend training to be considered for selection.

Yes that's right - and go within a 30 mile radius and it is much smaller than any club in the CCL I would guess - plus it is NOT a national side (not that it is relevant) but I guess Bad Boy was saying that very much tongue in cheek - from what I have read of him he knows his stuff surely?

Also I agree with Smudge that the officials were first class - although credit should go to both teams for the way they conducted themselves in very trying conditions.

We Fear No Foe, VP, Jade, One would suggest that you check who is in the Guernsey NATIONAL squad then comment, I think you will find that most of the GFC players are in the NATIONAL squad, so I am right there !

I am sure you understand what I mean. Vance has the choice of the best Guernsey Island players, yet taking Farnborough as your example, how many clubs are there within a 30 mile radius of Farnborough for clubs/managers to get players. We already know of the Camberley area merry-go-round of players as they move from season-to-season to who is prepared to pay the most. CCL Premier clubs do not have the pleasure of having the attraction of the best players within a 30 mile radius wheras Guernsey do.

With respect I suggest you read what I posted... GFC only have 17/18 fit player before Saturday. Just because there are other players who could sign for the club does not mean that they have or will do. Many have chosen not to as they are quite happy and content to play in our local leagues which are doing very well this season.

Yes pretty much all the GFC players play for the "National" team, but its not more than 20 players, they only have one match this season aganist Jersey.

A thirty mile radius? On an island 9x5miles?

Edited by Jade

ok Jade, make it an 8 mile radius if you like. From Epsom within eight miles of us we have:

Chipstead, Merstham, Banstead Athletic, Chessington & Hook, Epsom Athletic, Cobham, Mole Valley SCR, Worcester Park, Corinthian Casuals, Kingstonian (and therefore AFC Wimbledon too), Leatherhead, Sutton United and Carshalton Athletic. Only just outside that are Raynes Park, Colliers Wood and Croydon, all league rivals. The same situation applies in the Camberley area.

I'll admit there is a greater population in those areas compared to that on the island, but player loyalty is easier when you are situated where you are. If a player doesn't like what is going on at Guernsey he has two choices, stay or play local football. In our area it's not as simple as that. You just wander down the road and play for someone else. It happens all the time, so much of the art of Management over here is in keeping a strong bond of team loyalty.

One thing I do in the match programme to try and help this is produce regular stats and milestones so players can see how they are getting on. Of course, not everyone reads the programme, but many in our dressing room do and if it helps any one of them to feel a greater sense of belonging at Epsom & Ewell FC then my job is done.

A lot of people say that there are too many Guernsey forums and that people want to have a go at them. I would state that your case would be helped if you didn't try to "understand" our club's position, because from many comments we've seen recently, you can't.