Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

games tues 29th jan.

Am not having a dig at you personally Guru, just stating that when entering the league, the TV thing was not part of the equation. Therefore, if any club decides against it, it should be taken with the correct level of respect, and not used against the club. The fans that cannot travel, I'm afraid that is tough? The same way many fans cannot travel to Guernsey. Guernsey should not have setup the agreement without being able to ensure full coverage from every game, wouldn't you not agree?

hi-jack sorry

at the top level clubs get television rights an compensated for this so why should clubs let only guernsey profit from it ? i think its a reasonable request but i do see both sides obviously the die hard fans like guru are gona get the hump!!!

Personally, I am surprised that there is not some consideration given to the home team for allowing the rights to broadcast the game; I had assumed their would be.

The issue would be different in the Ryman League as it is the league that owns the rights to broadcast and this was an issue for the old Croydon Athletic FC when it was briefly owned by a group of 400+ Danes. I think those who run the broadcasting should check this out early to resolve it (they may have already done so).

Personally, as those streaming are charging for the right to watch I don't see how you can argue with a club who ask for a consideration at their ground.

Just my view!

Edited by chairman_afcca

Guernsey FC has played 14 away fixtures so far this season and no other club has been paid for the ability to film at its ground.

Why are Epsom & Ewell FC being different to the 14 other clubs ? they didnt seem to mind ?

Petty springs to mind its hardly if at all going to make any difference to tonites attendance if it was filmed.

Fair Enough GG. they could give it free to me though because I am having to pay money to come and watch the game which is no fault of my own that my team are in the same league as you.

Not having any sort of go just trying to put another view across.

What on earth are you talking about. I am not sure if you are being serious or continually looking for a bite. It costs nothing to come to Guernsey if you are a member of the travelling team but if you are a supporter you have to pay just the same as we do. If your club wants to start a TV channel to televise you games or do any other venture to raise funds then that it totally within their rights. If E&E were televising tonights game everyone who supports GFC in Guernsey and could not travel would have gladly paid E&E to watch. I would have understood E&Es position if it was in opposition to something that they already provide but they will be the losers in the long run

Guernsey FC has played 14 away fixtures so far this season and no other club has been paid for the ability to film at its ground.

Why are Epsom & Ewell FC being different to the 14 other clubs ? they didnt seem to mind ?

Petty springs to mind its hardly if at all going to make any difference to tonites attendance if it was filmed.

Camberley didn't allow filming either but don't know if they asked for any money.

Guru, that's biting off your nose to spite your face. I don't agree with E and E's stance but get your arses to Chipstead and get behind the Green Cubs! Boycotting the match achieves nowt and just makes us look like a bunch of prima donnas.

Camberley didn't allow filming either

Why ?

I dont see what harm it can do ?

The Surrey cup tie Molesey v Wood is now next Tuesday 5th Feb

Subject to official confirmation, Badshot Lea will now be at home to Cove in the league on the same evening (brought forward from 13th April).

I quite like the comments made about not visiting the bar until kick off time. It's Chipstead's bar. We get nothing for that anyway!

I repeat, we have no money and if things continue we will fold within 8 years, maybe sooner, or drop into park league football which is the equivalent as far as we are concerned. Maybe this issue could have been sorted earlier between both clubs and no doubt discussion will follow on the matter before the League game on 19th March.

What I will state though is that despite being a a regular visitor here and having viewed various threads, I was not aware that the streaming could be restricted to those on the island.

However, what gets me a little annoyed is why the hell someone has the right to have a go at a tiny club like ours when they can't get something for nothing.

I have supported the islanders throughout almost everything that has gone on, as I'm sure people like HKP could confirm. We voted for them to come in. I'm beginning to have second thoughts when my club gets grief just for trying to look after itself.

I quite like the comments made about not visiting the bar until kick off time. It's Chipstead's bar. We get nothing for that anyway!

I repeat, we have no money and if things continue we will fold within 8 years, maybe sooner, or drop into park league football which is the equivalent as far as we are concerned. Maybe this issue could have been sorted earlier between both clubs and no doubt discussion will follow on the matter before the League game on 19th March.

What I will state though is that despite being a a regular visitor here and having viewed various threads, I was not aware that the streaming could be restricted to those on the island.

However, what gets me a little annoyed is why the hell someone has the right to have a go at a tiny club like ours when they can't get something for nothing.

I have supported the islanders throughout almost everything that has gone on, as I'm sure people like HKP could confirm. We voted for them to come in. I'm beginning to have second thoughts when my club gets grief just for trying to look after itself.

8 years? We could go in 8 weeks Fred!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDkbVz1zC7w