Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

games tues 29th jan.

The whole situation is pathetic, this will be the first game I have missed since GFC was formed, home or away, but I have had enough of all the bullsh*t, if its not GFCTV it would be something else.

So you are correct this whole scenario is pathetic and not something that I am willing to continue to spend my money on. I will give it directly to the club

If you feel that is what you have to do then do it its your choice dont let people tell you what and not to do its your cash after all.

Ill confirm how to spot me when I know what I'll be wearing

You're a midget no one will be able to spot you

Just hope other Clubs follow Epsoms stance,being a believer in Karma,this could be the reason that Guernsey have had so many amazing comebacks.Solely due to GFCTV.

I like to believe that the comebacks have been due to unrelenting support from committed fans.

This forum is going down hill.

Don't worry what shi# is spouted about your club you know the truth.

We had the cameras at our place and if anything it raised our game massively against probably Guernseys best 11 we gotta draw.

We got our DVD and all players have or will have them soon.

I'm also under the impression that when we play away it will be streamed to our club for our supporters that can't travel to watch. If this does happen its a double bonus, we will have some drinkers in our club whilst we are playing away.

I'm sure the only people missing out are Epsom players but if that what Epsom want to do I respect that.

Anyway I hope it's a good game.

Just hope other Clubs follow Epsoms stance,being a believer in Karma,this could be the reason that Guernsey have had so many amazing comebacks.Solely due to GFCTV.

Not 100% but I beleive that Hanworth raised this issue with Guernsey as soon as GFCTV was announced. Fair play to Guernsey, and their supporters, they are obviously an ambitious, well run and well supported club trying to do the best for themselves. But, as others have mentioned, the other clubs in in the league are also trying to do their best, and most of them with far less resources. I think the Guernsey supporters are wrong to condem them because they dont buy into "The project". In my opinion this sort of issue should be addressed by the league on behalf of all clubs, as they should have done with the recent "Budweiser Project". I believe that Hanworth also held out against the £1 image right payment being offered by Budweiser and negoitiated themselves a far better deal. Again something the league should have been championing so that all of the clubs benefited rather than the lucky one.

Why ?

I dont see what harm it can do ?

This is the only problem I have with Guernsey FC - the live streaming.

Everyone else showing a live game pays the home club. Budweiser do it, why can't Guernsey?

If they choose not to pay then the home club has every right to refuse them entry.

If Guernsey get to the Vase final do you think the FA, Wembley and their opponents will allow it to be shown live without payment? To be honest I'm surprised the FA have allowed Guernsey to show their Vase games already, assuming they have.

Camberley decided to compromise. If I'd had my way I wouldn't have let Guernsey film without payment but I have no say in the running of the club.

If Guernsey want to film their home games and show them that's entirely their choice but they can't kick up a fuss if they're the away team. Is it any coincidence their home attendances are down 20% since they started live streaming?

Edited by VPCTFC

Is it any coincidence their home attendances are down 20% since they started live streaming?

I dont know maybe ? it could be down to them filming the games why their home attendances are down i dont know.

Could be down to higher ticket prices?

How much does it cost to watch Guernsey home games ?

If live streaming's so good for a club how come no one else does it? Loads of higher clubs have their own tv channels, as far as I'm aware they all limit what's shown to highlights and interviews etc.

I'm sure every club has supporters who can't get to away games, especially the higher you go up the pyramid.

As mentioned by Croydon Athletic above, higher leagues are keener to defend their image rights. You may well find the Ryman League won't allow it without payment. The FA have the following rule in the Vase:-

2(a) - In relation to each match in the Competition, The Association shall itself be exclusively entitled to, or otherwise to authorise or grant to others, rights of access to and attendance at the ground of the Home Club (“Access Rights”) for the purposes of transmitting or filming or otherwise recording on or by any media, any audio and/or visual materials depicting or describing all or any part or parts of a match (the “Copyright Materials”)."

So, for FA competitions, it's not even down to the home club.