Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

3G Turf Pitches the way forward

When Windsor stopped paying the players they mentioned looking at getting a 4g pitch but haven't heard much since. The pitch at Stag Meadow is a beauty anyway but probably doesn't generate money like the 4g would

Maybe Windsor Sec can update ?

• 4 weeks later...

When Windsor stopped paying the players they mentioned looking at getting a 4g pitch but haven't heard much since. The pitch at Stag Meadow is a beauty anyway but probably doesn't generate money like the 4g would

Maybe Windsor Sec can update ?

Tango Man, apologies for not responding sooner but I must have missed your post back in November !

First of all, as I've said before, 4G doesn't exist [yet] but yes our plans were and still are to go down the 'artificial pitch' route both on our training area and the main playing area eventually as they would both provide an extra source of income. Funding will be the main issue here as will planning issues to some extent given our location on the edge of Windsor Great Park but talks with the Crown Estate are ongoing and very positive.  Once we have any minor issues sorted with them we can look further into grant applications and other external investments to let the project go ahead.

As good as our current surface is it does take a lot of finance to maintain it so and the return is minimal so although it will be a shame to see the grass go it has to be the way forward for clubs financially.  

I know some reople on here are totally anti all artificial pitches, (Sorry Rich).

Swing the conversation slightly, and look at the pictures in the papers of 'tup North' over Christmas.

Yes, our climate is changing, love it or hate it and Yes, I know 3G wouldn't cope with that weather, but if the way forward is going to be more rain than frost or ice, then artificial pitches might just help before match secretaries finally tear ALL their hair out as the season closes.

(I just wish they'd get on with Meadowbank, though !!)

I prefer grass pitches but im afraid that 3g/4g pitches are the way forward for most Non league Football clubs.

Edited by Savagebee

Tango Man, apologies for not responding sooner but I must have missed your post back in November !

First of all, as I've said before, 4G doesn't exist [yet] but yes our plans were and still are to go down the 'artificial pitch' route both on our training area and the main playing area eventually as they would both provide an extra source of income. Funding will be the main issue here as will planning issues to some extent given our location on the edge of Windsor Great Park but talks with the Crown Estate are ongoing and very positive.  Once we have any minor issues sorted with them we can look further into grant applications and other external investments to let the project go ahead.

As good as our current surface is it does take a lot of finance to maintain it so and the return is minimal so although it will be a shame to see the grass go it has to be the way forward for clubs financially.  

I think your find 4G does exist it swath is longer and it has a mix of rubber crumb and sand and is suitable for rugby as well.

"With regards to 4G fourth generation surfacing, 5G fifth generation surfaces and 6G sixth generation flooring then then the designs are varied at present with some pushing a non infill carpet for the 4G sports pitches and yet the 5G artificial grass is said to be fully rubber crumb infill but these are all speculations at present and no accredited governing body has approved these designs from IRB, FIH, FA, RFU or FIFA."

I think you'll find I was correct [see above] anything with a sand/crumb infill is 3G and to become 4G it would have to be a totally different make up or it's just an upgraded 3G !!!!!

If someone is trying to sell you a 4G pitch [a] you're being conned and you won't be allowed to play on it !

Edited by Windsor_Sec