Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prove it IDS

I have mates that spent all their working lives not paying tax or NI, and now their to old to work are forced to live on less than £53 a week. They now have to ponce off their kids or anyone stupid enough to buy them a packet of fags or a pint. I have no sympathy for them, but I do for the pensioners I know that are forced into poverty by food and fuel inflation and are worried sick by the benefit cuts that may affect them.

I agree Alan.

The benefits system was there to be a safeguard in hard times, but when you have scum like Mick Phillpott, Heather Frost etc. abusing it then harsh as it sounds change is needed.

Having seen a BBC report about a potential forthcoming fuel shortage in 2016, things are only going to get worse it seems.

I would open the mines back up to provide employment for school leavers with no/few qualifications. If we can mine clean coal and reduce unemployment figures, then let's do it.

I agree Alan.

The benefits system was there to be a safeguard in hard times, but when you have scum like Mick Phillpott, Heather Frost etc. abusing it then harsh as it sounds change is needed.

Having seen a BBC report about a potential forthcoming fuel shortage in 2016, things are only going to get worse it seems.

I would open the mines back up to provide employment for school leavers with no/few qualifications. If we can mine clean coal and reduce unemployment figures, then let's do it.

I spent a day down a mine once as part of a health a safety course and it was one of the worst experiences of my life, and one I wouldn't wish on anyone. I would prefer to make retirement compulsory at sixty so geriatrics like me are not taking up jobs that the next generation should be having.

I would also make young people work, if they are physically and mentally able to do so.

It's no good them turning down a job at McDonalds etc. because 'it's crap' or 'it's boring' - it's a job and a gateway to bigger and better things.

I know people (including myself) decry the Poles for coming here and taking British jobs. Well, none of the lazy sods who didn't want to work wanted the jobs...

I'd have retirement at 65 for now, and maybe 70 in ten years time as we're all living longer. I read somewhere that by 2030, two out of five of us will be living past the age of 100...

And again this has turned into people making massive sweeping statements stereotyping claimants on Benefits and Allowances.

There's a dozen threads you can pontificate on endlessly that are more applicable so if you don't want to discuss politicians backing up their words with actions please use them.

I would also make young people work, if they are physically and mentally able to do so.

It's no good them turning down a job at McDonalds etc. because 'it's crap' or 'it's boring' - it's a job and a gateway to bigger and better things.

I know people (including myself) decry the Poles for coming here and taking British jobs. Well, none of the lazy sods who didn't want to work wanted the jobs...

I'd have retirement at 65 for now, and maybe 70 in ten years time as we're all living longer. I read somewhere that by 2030, two out of five of us will be living past the age of 100...

Whilst I agree with you in principle, Adam, how many jobs are actually AVAILABLE compaired with job-seekers seeking work ?

With the new influx of Eastern European imigrants soon to be coming here, how will that help our economy ?

Edited by Big J R

You could possibly try and make young people work, but it would be impossible to make employers give someone a job if they don't want to.

And again this has turned into people making massive sweeping statements stereotyping claimants on Benefits and Allowances.

There's a dozen threads you can pontificate on endlessly that are more applicable so if you don't want to discuss politicians backing up their words with actions please use them.

That is what i liked about Maggie................she backed up her words ;)

i think i'm probably in a better position than most posters here to give a informed opinion on this-i live in a three storey block of flats in Basildon half owner occupied,half council,of course 90 per cent of those in the council flats are unemployed, 87% of council tenants nationwide are unemployed. now im not going to post urban myths,folklore but what i actually see and know:

if a takeaway is delivered to the block 99% of the time its for a benefit claimant,

one chap below me whos 42 and NEVER had a job has a 60 inch plasma tv

every year the council either fit in new windows,central heating et cetera for their tenants

most of the council tenants are never seen without a beer/joint in their hand

i could go on, what people dont know is the amount of claimants who get all their bills paid,bus passes et cetera all this doesnt go to decent working people who have recently lost their job it goes to 'career' claimants, most of these of course are signed off sick,walk through basildon town centre during the day time and try to find someone over the age of thirty without a walking stick.

now lets say a young working couple want a house and to start a family they are fcked, cant afford either, while two benefit claimants find that the more kids they have the better the house they get,a very,very fcked up system.

That is what i liked about Maggie................she backed up her words ;)

Whilst also being as mad as a box of frogs :P

i can remember my first election it was thatcher v foot,now whatever else you think of them they had policies and beliefs, now its just career politicans in all three major parties, at least UKIP/BNP actually believe in something no matter how wrong their policies are.

i can remember my first election it was thatcher v foot,now whatever else you think of them they had policies and beliefs, now its just career politicans in all three major parties, at least UKIP/BNP actually believe in something no matter how wrong their policies are.

I met Michael Foot several times and he was an amazing man. There's very few politicians I have any faith in these days.