Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bahrain Grand Prix

I can't understand why Bernie Eccleston doesn't just pull the plug on the Bahrain Grand Prix next weekend, the 2011 race was cancelled following civil unrest and last year was a non event with nobody wanting to be there, Eccleston is quoted as saying 'he has no concerns' however he will be left with egg on his face if there is a disaster which was only just avoided last year.

Would be interesting if there was an Irish Grand Prix...

Why... why not.

It would certainly be a shot in the arm for their finances, and it wouldn't interfere with the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

I used to know somebody who was interested in bringing F1 to the Republic of Ireland, and he even wrote to Mary McAleese about it after identifying a site north of Dublin that could have been made into an F1 circuit.

I think they should do away with Silverstone and find an alternative venue for the British Grand Prix or build one

Why... why not.

It would certainly be a shot in the arm for their finances, and it wouldn't interfere with the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

I used to know somebody who was interested in bringing F1 to the Republic of Ireland, and he even wrote to Mary McAleese about it after identifying a site north of Dublin that could have been made into an F1 circuit.

Hmmm.

I think they should do away with Silverstone and find an alternative venue for the British Grand Prix or build one

Castle Donington would be a good shout, if Silverstone was ever replaced, but not when Download is on ;)

Lol hooks tear,don't think he was having a pop mate lol

One minute he was talking about the Bahrain Grand Prix being cancelled for Civil Unrest and avoiding a potential disaster, then said an Irish Grand Prix would be interesting, so the link was implied.

I was just seeking clarification.

Wish they could up-grade Brands Hatch and get the British G.P. back there.

If there was an Irish G.P., would they have to install sat-navs in the cars ????

:ph34r:

:bolt:

One minute he was talking about the Bahrain Grand Prix being cancelled for Civil Unrest and avoiding a potential disaster, then said an Irish Grand Prix would be interesting, so the link was implied.

I was just seeking clarification.

Rhodes wanted the Bahrain Grand Prix cancelled.

I merely said an Irish Grand Prix would be interesting IF Bahrain was cancelled in the future.

The Guinness Circuit - oh wait, I did that in my early 20s on Friday night pub crawls :P

Rhodes wanted the Bahrain Grand Prix cancelled.

I merely said an Irish Grand Prix would be interesting IF Bahrain was cancelled in the future.

The Guinness Circuit - oh wait, I did that in my early 20s on Friday night pub crawls :P

How many 'pit-stops' did you need, Adam ??

You want to try driving round it missunderstood, you'll think differently then.

In fairness the shortened circuit (Indy) is very good for spectators since you can see at least 3/4 of the track and action from virtually any point although they could do with three or four diamond screens round the Indy part if the full track is used.

Goodwood Racing Circuit is quality since about 1998 when Lord March started improving the facilities for his Race Revival meetings. Certainly needed it since before then it only had a tiny block of toilets to start with. No-where to get out of the wind off the coast anyway back then but it's always been my favourite.

I see everything passed off peacefully in the end then and it was a great race won comfortably by Sebastian Vetel, all's well that ends well

I see everything passed off peacefully in the end then and it was a great race won comfortably by Sebastian Vetel, all's well that ends well

Almost an admittance of being wrong. Crikey.

Loosely - Potentially it was a tinderbox and a disaster waiting to happen, weren't you grateful then that it thankfully all passed off peacefully and was a great race

Archived